Lunch?

WTFm8

Thanks for the advice. Monday was crap, not the route I was supposed to be training on, car was full and I couldn’t find anything.

Always keep track of your start/end time and how long of a lunch you took.

Also take note of what route they had you on.

Sounds like your building sucks. Here they only let you one 1 route entire time you qualify... crap thing is sometiems that means only driving Tue-Thur so it takes longer. Good thing is seniority backdates to first day of driver school once you do qualify.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Told me twice if I need to quit to call an hour before.
Nothing personal. Clearly this guy has had many people just not show up anymore.

Tomorrow. After he keeps rushing you, making you feel like you can't eat or pee. Go in the back, like you're getting a PKG, stare at him with an "ohh :censored2:!" look on your face. Pull down your pants and crap in a tote.

WTFm8

Nothing personal. Clearly this guy has had many people just not show up anymore.

Tomorrow. After he keeps rushing you, making you feel like you can't eat or pee. Go in the back, like you're getting a PKG, stare at him with an "ohh :censored2:!" look on your face. Pull down your pants and crap in a tote.

Pick up a heavy and :censored2: your pants.

Re-Raise

I might do exactly this on my next space and vis ride... just because

MrWinston

While qualifying I was getting g frustrated as well. I got told to watch my sort time because I was taking a long time. Well car is a mess and it can take anywhere from 30-60 mins to get it sorted. To qualify, I did use lunch to sort, didn't even bother eating g most times, just sort.

Was finally told I could split my lunch and took 30 mins to get the 5000-8000 in a quick order while putting the 100-4000 in stop-by- stop order. Get that delivered, have some room, now 5000-8000 shelves in stop-by- top order. Did this at the end of my 30 (cause I wasn't told I could split lunch until day 27) and made my numbers.

Now, I do a sort which takes anywhere from 30-60 mins but it's on the clock. Haven't had time to take any breaks last week or this week or I won't get done in time. Basically, like it was said, if the load is a fail then let it fail. I'm not going to keep working for free when you give me an unrealistic load.

So yes to qualify, do what's necessary. As far as methods go I'm not sure where to start if the handrail is the only thing you've been told about.

One thing I realized is that when you sort don't try to get them in stop-by-stop order unless you gave plenty of room/time. Make sure you don't have any misloads, get them in the generally correct spot, then you can find them fairly quickly at the delivery address.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They told me first day before I went out that they were going to ask for a 40 day vs 30 day.

I am wondering if this sup is just crap. They mentioned before we went out the first day if I wanted to quit this week to call ahead at least an hour. They use their phone for gps navigation on half the resi and I have learned no methods other than hold hand rail. I have had to initiate everything or they just sit back and chill. I know there are methods to help me get faster but I don’t know them. I want to succeed but without training and this crap sup I don’t know

The only language I've seen regarding a 40 day qualification says that it includes ten days of classroom training. Don't let them jerk you around on that. Methods are not designed to make things go faster. There are production based methods, but the safety methods slow you down more. You will find a way to work that is more comfortable for you than the official methods. It will be safer and faster than anything the company can come up with, because their's is a one-size-fits-all solution.

Don't worry about what the sup is saying or doing. Once you are on your own, you will figure it out, and you can take breaks and follow the many suggestions on this website.

WTFm8

Haven't had time to take any breaks last week or this week or I won't get done in time. Basically, like it was said, if the load is a fail then let it fail. I'm not going to keep working for free when you give me an unrealistic load.

So yes to qualify, do what's necessary. As far as methods go I'm not sure where to start if the handrail is the only thing you've been told about.

One thing I realized is that when you sort don't try to get them in stop-by-stop order unless you gave plenty of room/time. Make sure you don't have any misloads, get them in the generally correct spot, then you can find them fairly quickly at the delivery address.

Take your breaks. The union doesn’t recognize their production numbers, you’re only required to put in a fair days work at a reasonable safe pace. Don’t take stairs 2 steps at a time.

Tell them you’re working at a safe pace and adjusting for changing conditions. If there’s leaves, damp grass, snow, or it’s the ‘spring’ thaw on a sloped yard, take the sidewalk/hard surfaces.

The closer you are to companies ‘production standards’ only rewards you in more work.

ADAB5B9D-E528-4895-95FC-9FF930439104.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
While qualifying I was getting g frustrated as well. I got told to watch my sort time because I was taking a long time. Well car is a mess and it can take anywhere from 30-60 mins to get it sorted. To qualify, I did use lunch to sort, didn't even bother eating g most times, just sort.

Was finally told I could split my lunch and took 30 mins to get the 5000-8000 in a quick order while putting the 100-4000 in stop-by- stop order. Get that delivered, have some room, now 5000-8000 shelves in stop-by- top order. Did this at the end of my 30 (cause I wasn't told I could split lunch until day 27) and made my numbers.

Now, I do a sort which takes anywhere from 30-60 mins but it's on the clock. Haven't had time to take any breaks last week or this week or I won't get done in time. Basically, like it was said, if the load is a fail then let it fail. I'm not going to keep working for free when you give me an unrealistic load.

Getting done isn't your problem it's theirs. Take your break and inform the center of any possible service failures.

MrWinston

Yesterday and today they had to send somebody to get my pickuos so they'd be back to the building in time. Both days I didn't clock out until 2100. Both days I found add/cut that wasn't pulled off my truck. If I took a break wouldn't it just be even later that I'm clocking out?

WTFm8

Yesterday and today they had to send somebody to get my pickuos so they'd be back to the building in time. Both days I didn't clock out until 2100. Both days I found add/cut that wasn't pulled off my truck. If I took a break wouldn't it just be even later that I'm clocking out?

Send a message in diad that you need help. They’ll send another low seniority driver to take 15-30 stops off you.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I sort my stops by streets. The only thing I use HINs for are to make sure it’s the right route and correct shelf. Noticed that I can clean the truck up a lot faster by that. I guess whatever is easiest for people.

Brownslave688

Who cares?

If I have a late night I make sure to take every second of break. The later I get back the better.

Brownslave688

Guess it's just personal preference. Delivering in the dark for the first time was a pain and I have 45 min commute.
Yeah it's a pain. I have an hour commute.

They own you Monday thru Friday. Sooner you accept that the sooner you'll be happy at this job.

I got home at damn near 11pm one day last week. Took all of my break. If I'm getting off that late I'm missing everything anyway.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
New driver here, still in first week of driving.
Different supervisors continue to tell me to take a lunch and to punch it correctly etc and it’s company policy etc. Then right after tell me that’s not realistic my first year and I need to work all my lunches and breaks of course they say this unofficially.
On road who is with me still tells me we will take a break after resi etc on the way back to the building. The last three days working I have had one 5 minute paid break and one 15 minute unpaid break while working 9.5 hours each day. I’m not a picky person but working 9 hours with not even a 5 minute break or lunch is crap.
Should I expect more of this? I have a crappy on road and the whole building says this on road is the worst etc. It is so disorganized and I have no clue how to do anything. I have learned one method of using the handrail in 2 weeks of training and nothing else.
Not even sure all this bs is worth it when I’ll just end up being a cover driver.
Run away or stay?
Take it from the meal King. Never cut lunch and always take as soon as you can. Let your SPOR drop as much as possible.
Only then well they respect and dispatch accordingly. Over