Lunch?

it Wasn’t always like that. I qualified on a heavy downtown route. And I never missed a lunch break with all the good restaurants there was to eat at. Hell I think I gained weight as some of my coworkers lost weight.
But then again I could also learn routes blind with no help or aids like we have now.
My son qualified a few months back. He went from preload to driver( Learned to drive a stick in a matter of days to pass the driving test) and with no air driving experience and like most younger people today, not a lot of area knowledge of where they live. He missed some lunches, took a few. But once he got it figured out, he was wide open and now runs whatever they put him on.
Driving it’s 90% mental.

Staydryitsraining

New driver here, still in first week of driving.
Different supervisors continue to tell me to take a lunch and to punch it correctly etc and it’s company policy etc. Then right after tell me that’s not realistic my first year and I need to work all my lunches and breaks of course they say this unofficially.
On road who is with me still tells me we will take a break after resi etc on the way back to the building. The last three days working I have had one 5 minute paid break and one 15 minute unpaid break while working 9.5 hours each day. I’m not a picky person but working 9 hours with not even a 5 minute break or lunch is crap.
Should I expect more of this? I have a crappy on road and the whole building says this on road is the worst etc. It is so disorganized and I have no clue how to do anything. I have learned one method of using the handrail in 2 weeks of training and nothing else.
Not even sure all this bs is worth it when I’ll just end up being a cover driver.
Run away or stay?
Some places require 31 minutes others I'm told mandatory full hour

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
81C03D00-7E17-455F-8BA0-CAC6B57AFED9.gif
Been on the road for 3 days driving but the third day they took me to same business route then completely different resi route...they said Monday’s they split the routes. How the heck am I supposed to learn a route much less anything else?

Sup plays on their phone more than half the day. Worked 11 hours straight and only took a piss break on the 10th hour...not trying to complain but seriously not even a 5 minute water break or piss break. They say oh wait 20 minutes...next hour...after resi before pickups etc.

Might be done with this bs because I feel like this is just the beginning. Plenty of jobs around here too

Edd O'Rion

If you put in a lunch, don’t work during that block of time. If you work, don’t put in a lunch. ALWAYS take your paid break(s).

trickpony1

Let me rephrase my comment.
If the new driver is trying to qualify then make the morning commits, find a safe place to park, punch meal, eat the healthy lunch that you brought with you as you sort your truck and collect your thoughts for the rest of your day.

Once qualified, don't work during meal.

ColdHarvest

Do you think any of the homotrons at UPS are going to show up when you're on your death bed?

Take your lunch. Even while qualifying.

Supervisor "caught" me eating lunch. While I was qualifying. Flipped out.

I kept eating. Was probably the best lunch I've ever had.