Made a sexual joke, got attacked, advice?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you had added "resigned under duress" you may have an out but the fact that you signed it sort of willingly you really don't have a leg to stand on.

As for the wrestler thing-----we had a male OMS clerk who was a HS state wrestling champion. He was maybe 5'1" or 5'2" and his wrestling weight was 112 lbs. We used to love to have fun at his expense because he was so little but we also knew not to cross the line as he would have had the last laugh.

Arik Robinson - 2011-12 - Wrestling - University at Buffalo

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't give a :censored2: that you are a wrestler if someone attacks you at work you are free to run away or take the hissy slaps. Nobody wants to hear you claim it was all about "self defense". Then you signed a paper to resign immediately after. That's three huge mistakes. You better buddy up to your BA, call them, now.

As for me, i prefer to work in areas where my words never reach another employee to begin with.

SorterRosie

Don't resign. It was just a joke and very obvious that you didn't mean anything harsh by it....your super should have your side and fight for you....

Sadman101

You have to physically look up to your sister? Yeah, that would suck.

I may have missed it but I don't recall you saying that he punched you in the head.
Yeah. Not just one sister....BOTH of my younger sisters...yeah...ouch.

I didn't actually mention the attack details. He just sucker punches me. I told him to calm down. He then chopped me in the throat and said he was raped as a child and if he sees me in the streets he will kill me. Then he chopped me in the throat again. At this point I was done and the next swing I ducked under and took him down. Till the supervisor intervened.

Not far off for one of them tbh.
I don't give a :censored2: that you are a wrestler if someone attacks you at work you are free to run away or take the hissy slaps. Nobody wants to hear you claim it was all about "self defense". Then you signed a paper to resign immediately after. That's three huge mistakes. You better buddy up to your BA, call them, now.

As for me, i prefer to work in areas where my words never reach another employee to begin with.
I never claimed self defense. I'm not upset about a coward sucker punching me. I only signed the paper because the labor director was demanding my badge and the shop steward agreed that I should resign. So much for trusting them.

Don't resign. It was just a joke and very obvious that you didn't mean anything harsh by it....your super should have your side and fight for you....
I'm going to talk to the union and see what I can do.

That’s too bad!
If they could fire him they would have!
As I said to others, the labor director was demanding i give him my badge and leave and he wasnt going to schedule me and fire me for sexual harassment if I didn't resign. He realllllly freaked out. The shop steward didnt say he couldnt do that so I figured I'd resign. A mistake on my part.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The labor director basically screamed at me to give him my badge and leave and be fired for sexual harrassment or resign after I asked for a day to think. Shop steward saw the whole thing and calmed him down. I ended up resigning because he was basically forcing me out anyway. And he said if I didn't we would fire me in a week and refuse to give me work until then. The shop steward agreed with him for some reason.

Says the guy :censored2: talking in the internet lol. Thank you! I'll take your wise advice.

I wish I knew this earlier. The labor director there essentially screamed me into signing it. And the shop steward agreed that I should sign a resignation.
So you resigned before your original post?

OKLABob

Really that’s all you said? When I worked pre load years back there was all kinds of gay crap and sexual conversations going on. I even remember we had this guy (full time driver now) would say mmmmm when this chick would bend over to pick stuff up and she heard him doing it never complained or cried about it lol.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yeah. Not just one sister....BOTH of my younger sisters...yeah...ouch.

I didn't actually mention the attack details. He just sucker punches me. I told him to calm down. He then chopped me in the throat and said he was raped as a child and if he sees me in the streets he will kill me. Then he chopped me in the throat again. At this point I was done and the next swing I ducked under and took him down. Till the supervisor intervened.

Not far off for one of them tbh.
I never claimed self defense. I'm not upset about a coward sucker punching me. I only signed the paper because the labor director was demanding my badge and the shop steward agreed that I should resign. So much for trusting them.

I'm going to talk to the union and see what I can do.

As I said to others, the labor director was demanding i give him my badge and leave and he wasnt going to schedule me and fire me for sexual harassment if I didn't resign. He realllllly freaked out. The shop steward didnt say he couldnt do that so I figured I'd resign. A mistake on my part.
You should contact your Union and see if they will help.
Good luck in life my friend!

Sadman101

Really that’s all you said? When I worked pre load years back there was all kinds of gay crap and sexual conversations going on. I even remember we had this guy (full time driver now) would say mmmmm when this chick would bend over to pick stuff up and she heard him doing it never complained or cried about it lol.
that's the weird thing. TONS of random sexual conversations happen all the time where I work. And he even talk about tons of sexual stuff as well. I even had some random guy grab my ass a year ago. I just brushed it off. This guy on the other hand just went berserk.

You should contact your Union and see if they will help.
Good luck in life my friend!
Thanks!
Shortly, was does that mean? minutes?
About an hour and a half I believe. He literally kept pressuring me non stop

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's extra. You are looking for the Deluxe package. That's on the secret menu.
that's the weird thing. TONS of random sexual conversations happen all the time where I work. And he even talk about tons of sexual stuff as well. I even had some random guy grab my ass a year ago. I just brushed it off. This guy on the other hand just went berserk.

Thanks!
About an hour and a half I believe. He literally kept pressuring me non stop
That stinks. Sorry to hear that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks. I'm lucky I have a second job to fall back on that pays much more. But during peak it really sucks cause this peak they boosted our pay 25% to stop FedEx from sniping our loaders. And I actually like working at ups lol.

if you pay union dues call the Business Agent at your local and tell him this whole story

if true you’ll be back tomorrow

MattM

Let the union work for you a bit. This isn't like other jobs.

We've had fist fights and hair pulling at my place. Even a straight up friend off to our main supervisor.

We've had some stuff happen that carries over to outside work activity. HR came in. But nothing ultimately happened.

They just wanted to save a little bit of paper work by saying you had to resign.