Made in China: Uniform Problems!

tieguy

Banned
The contract clearly states that the company is responsible for supplying uniforms. If yours are torn or missing and they wont give you new ones in a timely manner...just show up without a uniform at your posted start time, clock on, and inform them that you are reporting for work but you have not been provided with a suitable uniform and that you are still entitled to your 8 hr. gurantee..

As opposed to going to a sup or manager first and discussing the problem? If you showed up and played that game I would find the crappiest jobs in the building for you to do. Ever scrub a bathroom floor with a toothbrush?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tie you are showing your military background I fear:greedy:
Ive got riverside pants and shorts still wearing them, the new one rip out in the thigh, must be my huge fully defined thigh muscles, which they may not have in China. :happy-very:
It gets to be a struggle finding a good fit also, the size I wear seems to be too small, and Im sure it couldnt be me:surprised:
but yes, they are cheaper and fall apart faster. The last pair I ordered got returned after the first week, They had holes in the seams when I got them.
They will figure it out, it will take some time though, I am sure.

Overpaid Union Thug

As opposed to going to a sup or manager first and discussing the problem? If you showed up and played that game I would find the crappiest jobs in the building for you to do. Ever scrub a bathroom floor with a toothbrush?

You must have missed the point. The point is that even AFTER presenting the problem to our supervisors we are still not getting replacements. We are being told no or that it "will take a while because UPS is cutting back on costs." Well, they are required to supply uniforms so they should supply them quicker. If we can't get our uniforms then coming to work in the defective uniforms, or no uniform at all, is the only options left. There is no game. We've had drivers do this, including myself, and once the center manager saw the seriousness of the issue a phone call was made and our replacements arrived a few days later. But of course we were short changed and only given 3 pairs instead of 5. Man, this cost cutting is getting out of control.

gatech69

Having worked in the apparel industry for the last (Bunch) of years, it is comforting to see these comments. Not only do we still have people who are concerned with sewing quality, we have companies who use only the most durable fabrics and trim. I wish the best for all of you..

We have enough uniforms in our upstairs storage to outfit our entire roster of drivers. Mostly used stuff, but still better than the new crap we are getting.

feeder53

ADKtrails
When I started I was given used uniforms that were built very well and I still use them to this day. They have the old logo, but that is their issue.The only thing that gets me is the old logo shows a package tied...............

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I started I was given used uniforms that were built very well and I still use them to this day. They have the old logo, but that is their issue.The only thing that gets me is the old logo shows a package tied...............
Yes correct and string is not allowed!

SmithBarney

Like others have said, First go to Immediate Sup, then Go Above him
if issue is not resolved.. and if you are running out of clothes
start patching your ripped ones with purple patches(or whatever color you
can find that clashes with brown)
They'll take notice real quick, nothing like a bunch of HOBO's delivering.

Average at Best

Yeah, the quality of the uniforms suck, but the sizing is weird too. I'm not sure who we have, but when I got my "peak" uniform for going on road as a driver helper, my shirts were strangely sized. I got two long-sleeved shirts that were long enough to qualify as dresses, but the sleeves were too short and came a good few inches above my wrist.

rushfan

Same here:

I still have Riverside uniforms that are 10 years old and in good condition. They still are brown (although be it a lighter shade of), unlike their chineese counterparts after 3 washes, they start to get a green tint. I had a baseball cap, It got wet a couple of times, now it's a goldish, green color. I've been told to get a new one. I respond with, "I'm still waiting for the uniforms I ordered 2 months ago.

I've lost buttons after wearing the shirt once. The UPS logos fall off after the first wash. I wear a "logoless" shirt to work. What a shame. Our appearance standards have gone down hill-with Twin Hill.

I ordered the same size long sleeve shirts (in riverside sizes) from twin hill. The sleeves are too long, so I have to roll them up. I tried to return them to the company, but our office clerk said not to and hold them for another driver. She said the center gets charged $15.00 for returning the uniforms.

Yep George Zimmer doesn't guarantee S#$TTY uniforms.

rod

Retired 22 years
Your lucky they aren't made in Viet Nam. I wear an XL but a friend of mine just gave me three wife beaters size XXXL that were made there and I just laughed at her.................................until I tried one of them on. You guessed it- too small. That hurts.