Made it through my first week of Peak Season

km3

I'm just past 51, myself. Got at least 10 more to go. All double time from here, then on Sunday, I get to start all over again.

HxC MADxMAN

You're not my supervisor
56 hours this week, only because I lucked out Monday and didn't have to go back out to help anyone. The next few weeks I'll be returning to the center early on Fridays just to stay under 60.

Box Ox

Anybody else at a location where seasonal drivers are dropping left and right? Dunno what it is, but it feels like the first year a seasonal should actually get a medal for making it this far.

DriverNerd

I worked 59 hours and a couple minutes. Someone had to help me to keep me under. Originally we were planned to have anyone with available hours work Saturday, but now everyone is working Sunday.

PT Car Washer

Anybody else at a location where seasonal drivers are dropping left and right? Dunno what it is, but it feels like the first year a seasonal should actually get a medal for making it this far.
We lost one on Tuesday. OTR truck driver sent into package cars. Actually a straight truck route with all dock stops. He was surprised that he was expected to load and unload his own truck. I ran the route for two days and was grateful I actually had time to have a sit down lunch. I am sure HR promised him a Feeder job after Peak. Also ran this route numerous times during vacations or other "emergencies". The job is only as tough as you allow it to be.

WorknLateHuh

Peak here is really unusual so far. Lot's of drivers are being asked if they want the day because we actually have an ocean of seasonals that are doing surprisingly good. I've never seen it like this.

I know, next week i'll be eating my words after half of them quit and drivers have hours maxed out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Peak here is really unusual so far. Lot's of drivers are being asked if they want the day because we actually have an ocean of seasonals that are doing surprisingly good. I've never seen it like this.

I know, next week i'll be eating my words after half of them quit and drivers have hours maxed out.

We also over hired and are having a very smooth Peak, so far.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We had one seasonal this week bring the package car back early and quit. Hope the sups had a good time delivering that route.

Box Ox

We had one seasonal this week bring the package car back early and quit. Hope the sups had a good time delivering that route.

Our no-show seasonal drivers made things interesting yesterday. Routes were sitting and half our permanent FT drivers had to come in early because they were out of hours.

Most of our seasonal drivers quit before their first day. The few that are remaining need help every day to finish.

I can't really blame 'em for not being able to fathom what they're getting into if they've never experienced UPS as part timers. I was dropped into it with barely any training like they probably were but had already been hardened up by time spent on a terrible preload.

There's hope though as we've got a John Rambo or two seasonals who are eating it up and determined to stick it out. Want those guys around when it's 8pm and our trucks are back to back while we're working on a gameplan.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
We lost one on Tuesday. OTR truck driver sent into package cars. Actually a straight truck route with all dock stops. He was surprised that he was expected to load and unload his own truck. I ran the route for two days and was grateful I actually had time to have a sit down lunch. I am sure HR promised him a Feeder job after Peak. Also ran this route numerous times during vacations or other "emergencies". The job is only as tough as you allow it to be.

I was at the vet the other day getting a prescription for my pooch. The receptionist told me her friend worked at FedEx and "couldn't believe" he had 96 stops the first day of peak.

BUCN85

I think we have kept all ours. But last night they sent a seasonal to help me. Center called me back about 20 mins later asking me to take whatever I gave him back off. So I ended up to get in later than if I had no help.