Man backed into my husband's UPS truck while parked

Personally I really don't care if it's avoidable or not. My concern is about safety dribble, slogans and acronyms. I was taught driver safety on that old slogan all good kids love milk and felt the same way about the safety dribble. But that all changed one day while the wife and I were on vacation and it happened at an intersection in Savannah, Georgia. Yep, instinctively when the light turned green I looked left, right, left. If I hadn't me and my wife would have been broad sided by the guy who crashed the light doing about 40-50. I would have been a statistic instead of responding to this thread on the brown cafe. It was at that point in my driving career I realized the importance of pounding that dribble into my head. So whether it be a package car or your personal car that safety dribble may just save your life! It did mine!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Clearing an intersection helped me avoid what could have been a major accident while on my way back to the center. I have a mall drop box P/U that is my last stop and had just completed it and was heading back to bdlg. I was waiting to make a left hand turn at a stop light--light turned green--I looked left, right, left and when I glanced right again (just to make sure) this kid yakking on his cell phone turned left in to the mall, running the red. He seemed awfully surprised when I blew the horn as I don't think he ever saw me sitting there. That last glance to the right saved me from potential injury and may have saved that kid's life.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Not true! We get a shiny plaque! I intend to donate mine to the united way. Maybe they can melt it down to make needles for their drug addicted clientele since they won't even help a UPS employee if they need it.
You need needles?

Personally I really don't care if it's avoidable or not. My concern is about safety dribble, slogans and acronyms. I was taught driver safety on that old slogan all good kids love milk and felt the same way about the safety dribble. But that all changed one day while the wife and I were on vacation and it happened at an intersection in Savannah, Georgia. Yep, instinctively when the light turned green I looked left, right, left. If I hadn't me and my wife would have been broad sided by the guy who crashed the light doing about 40-50. I would have been a statistic instead of responding to this thread on the brown cafe. It was at that point in my driving career I realized the importance of pounding that dribble into my head. So whether it be a package car or your personal car that safety dribble may just save your life! It did mine!

Clearing an intersection helped me avoid what could have been a major accident while on my way back to the center. I have a mall drop box P/U that is my last stop and had just completed it and was heading back to bdlg. I was waiting to make a left hand turn at a stop light--light turned green--I looked left, right, left and when I glanced right again (just to make sure) this kid yakking on his cell phone turned left in to the mall, running the red. He seemed awfully surprised when I blew the horn as I don't think he ever saw me sitting there. That last glance to the right saved me from potential injury and may have saved that kid's life.
Two very good posts.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is alot about nothing. There is really no punishment for backing into something and breaking a tail light. At very worst, he'll lose a year of safe driving, but who cares, they quit giving us prizes. It's like a Seinfeld show, it's nothing.
And probably not even that. Earlier this year I scraped a wall backing into a rear door delivery in an alley. Got the warning letter, did not lose my year safe driving. Go figure.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I do the same in my personal vehicle. It has become habit. And I'm sure one of these days it will save a life. It is only a matter of when and where and who's.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Got hit yrs ago by a drunk kid being chased by the police in a stolen car!! This was back in the good old days when all we had was the 5 seeing habits and supes were the same as today,your fault mentality!! They didn't believe me.I told them to call the polce & the witness at the college where it happened. They STILL said I shouldn';t of been parked there!!!! I was found innocent the following week. YAH JUST CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP !!!:angry::angry::angry: