Management Early retirement option coming in January

slantnosechevy

Sorry, you must have missed the memo. The partnership is, and has been, dead. "The partners" are being screwed more than the labor the last couple years. I assure you that your full time supervisor, his boss, and his boss, are all little more than employees in a giant militant machine.

The "partnership" is now restricted to LTIP members and above.

We should buy out the MIP guys because we have too many already. The alternative is to start layoffs - in which case the people who can leave (the good ones) will leave as well.

Would you rather let the old guys who are coasting anyway retire early, or do mass layoffs (likely based on years of service, not skill or knowledge) and kill what little is left of motivation for the remaining good employees? One makes sense, the other is what UPS tends to do.

Maybe, just maybe, UPS will choose the better of the two this time around. I'm not holding my breath for this to happen though. I expect more blanket layoffs starting right after peak is over.

They don't care what you know. They think they have the technology to replace you. The Package Drivers are the last apple on the tree.

pretzel_man

I'll only entertain the thought of this coming to fruition if Pretzelman confirms it! But, he hasn't denied it either?

M-

While I have no specific information, my district manager friends in Atlanta say no.. No buyout is coming.

Last year, the management committee said that there would not be a buyout or ERO. There is no information to think otherwise.

The current budgets call for 2.5% raises for management. They also call for about 4% to 6% attrition. I think we are pretty much on track for that.

P-Man

BSUUPS

Oddly enough, I heard the same exact number last week.

I'm not "buying" the buy out, especially with the new positions that are opening up in marketing.

M-
I see the Locallized marketing positions fitting in with the mass consolidation concept. I am hearing from several different directions that there will be large region and Ditrict collapses. I know in my region the top region brass is visiting districts to have some impromptu staffing meetings.....And I have heard it is happening in a neighboring region. Something is going on...and I am hearing it from many independant channels. IF the consolidation is as deep as I am hearing I don't see how buyout will not be part of the deal. :devil3:

D

Dis-organized Labor

While I have no specific information, my district manager friends in Atlanta say no.. No buyout is coming.

Last year, the management committee said that there would not be a buyout or ERO. There is no information to think otherwise.

The current budgets call for 2.5% raises for management. They also call for about 4% to 6% attrition. I think we are pretty much on track for that.

P-Man

Is the 2.5 for 2010?
What does the 4-6% mean? I may not trust you anymore unless you articulate this to an understandable level.

Thanks!!

slantnosechevy

The people from time study are visiting center to center giving anywhere from 15 min. to an hour and a half back to every driver. All calculations were taken from Feb. 11th. We all know how this company likes to rob from Peter to pay Paul. If they do this nationwide like they said they're going to do that means heads are going to roll. Sounds like they found out it's a waste of money for OC Supes to be riding everyday. If they give drivers time back everyone runs scratch or better. Where do they get the money in tough times to do this?? Less management.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know of at least 5 managers that have postponed retirement waiting to see what happens in the first quarter.
Hearing interesting rumors about a retirement offer to 2000 management 55 years of age or older in first quarter 2010 with a expiration date of April 30, 2010.
Packets are being prepared offshore.
It would be interesting to see what it is

randomUPSISer

Hearing interesting rumors about a retirement offer to 2000 management 55 years of age or older in first quarter 2010 with a expiration date of April 30, 2010.

That would be exceptional. There are a ton of people right around that age that are just sitting around waiting to retire anyway. (coasting?)

We need less management, and to clear room for the talented sitting below them to move up and bring the company some fresh ideas.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That would be exceptional. There are a ton of people right around that age that are just sitting around waiting to retire anyway. (coasting?)

We need less management, and to clear room for the talented sitting below them to move up and bring the company some fresh ideas.

I've seen the younger Mgmnt waiting in the wings and it scares the crap out of me.:anxious:

Six Sides

I heard it is to include management 50 and over with 25 years or more.