Management In a Frenzy?

EazieUPS

Hello, I'm new here to the Brown Cafe and I hope that I have a pleasant time here!

I've currently been employed at UPS as a sorter for around 3-4 months now and haven't had much to complain about besides, the placement of where I am sorting at.

But today, was a complete disaster on management's part, based on my perception of being moved not once, not twice, but six times throughout the day. Started out with the sort and my sup moved me down to the unload. Then after the break, I was moved to back the sort aisle. 30 minutes later, my sup's boss was screaming about something and I got moved to something called the "bulk sweeper"? 5 minutes later, I was moved back to the unload. 9:20 rolls around and I get placed back to the sort aisle.

I'm usually a very fast sorter, but when it comes to sorting the PF Shoot. It's an absolute hassle. Labels are down, packages are heavy, and I have a bar that cuts flow to the people behind me. The past 3 days have been a complete disaster for me because of where I'm placed. If I just sort a truck or two, it's a breeze and I can go fast. But my sup doesn't seem to realize that sorting the PF Shoot, is no go on my part.

We're, unfortunately losing people on our aisle due to former employees going back to college. Which I guess is causing management, to squeeze every last bit of me in all sort of places to make up for the loss.

If you're still trying to find what exactly my question is, I'm looking for a reason into why management is placing me in the different locations.

542thruNthru

Hello, I'm new here to the Brown Cafe and I hope that I have a pleasant time here!

I've currently been employed at UPS as a sorter for around 3-4 months now and haven't had much to complain about besides, the placement of where I am sorting at.

But today, was a complete disaster on management's part, based on my perception of being moved not once, not twice, but six times throughout the day. Started out with the sort and my sup moved me down to the unload. Then after the break, I was moved to back the sort aisle. 30 minutes later, my sup's boss was screaming about something and I got moved to something called the "bulk sweeper"? 5 minutes later, I was moved back to the unload. 9:20 rolls around and I get placed back to the sort aisle.

I'm usually a very fast sorter, but when it comes to sorting the PF Shoot. It's an absolute hassle. Labels are down, packages are heavy, and I have a bar that cuts flow to the people behind me. The past 3 days have been a complete disaster for me because of where I'm placed. If I just sort a truck or two, it's a breeze and I can go fast. But my sup doesn't seem to realize that sorting the PF Shoot, is no go on my part.

We're, unfortunately losing people on our aisle due to former employees going back to college. Which I guess is causing management, to squeeze every last bit of me in all sort of places to make up for the loss.

If you're still trying to find what exactly my question is, I'm looking for a reason into why management is placing me in the different locations.

Welcome to UPS and Brown Cafe.

UPS doesn't care what you prefer or what you think you're better at. Youll be moved millions of time in a year. Sorry but you better get used to it.

Also if you have any problems on Brown Cafe don't hesitate to talk to @Indecisi0n he's the head mod around here.

Good luck

twoweeled

That's the way it is, and will be. Don't worry about it. Just go with it. As long as your pay is correct, who cares! That's for them to decide.

IESucks

Lol. Ups will always be one clusterfudge. Get used to it

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not your problem. Just work safely.
925758626s.png
Be safe.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Good luck with the new job. Work safe and as directed even if it seems to be completely ridiculous. As long as you're doing it their way, there's no one to blame but them when it blows up, and it will!

Through 32 years I always said if you find what is happening around you makes sense, you are no longer at UPS.

clean hairy

Welcome to UPS and Brown Cafe.
And, if you get butt hurt, he might be able to make
UPS doesn't care what you prefer or what you think you're better at. Youll be moved millions of time in a year. Sorry but you better get used to it.

Also if you have any problems on Brown Cafe don't hesitate to talk to @Indecisi0n he's the head mod around here.

Good luck
And, if ypu get butt hurt, he migbt hace a remedy for that

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
They are trying to find something your good at.. seems your in trouble.. join the union, it exists to protect people like you

Dr.Brownz

Don't rush and you will never be moved

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Good luck with the new job. Work safe and as directed even if it seems to be completely ridiculous. As long as you're doing it their way, there's no one to blame but them when it blows up, and it will!

Through 32 years I always said if you find what is happening around you makes sense, you are no longer at UPS.

"If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!"

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
in any given inside operation, you move a portion of your employees to where the work is, since not every area will always be fully utilized

even with the extra walk, this is generally more efficient than leaving people in place and letting the work ebb and flow

bad management perform this shifting badly, good management does better, ymmv