Management opportunity

Adahowfarms

I have the opportunity to go into management as an on road sup. I have been with Ups for almost 15 years. Driving FT for around 8. That being said is it worth it. They gave me a number for my salary and I’m not satisfied with it I countered there offer and haven’t heard back yet. My question is what happens with the other 6 1/2 weeks out of the year. Since you get paid once a month that is 48 weeks. There are 52 in a year and 4 months have 5 weeks. How does that work and is it worth it?

brown_trousers

I have the opportunity to go into management as an on road sup. I have been with Ups for almost 15 years. Driving FT for around 8. That being said is it worth it. They gave me a number for my salary and I’m not satisfied with it I countered there offer and haven’t heard back yet. My question is what happens with the other 6 1/2 weeks out of the year. Since you get paid once a month that is 48 weeks. There are 52 in a year and 4 months have 5 weeks. How does that work and is it worth it?

Is their offer even close to what you make per year as FT driver?
Not to mention the pension and healthcare

Considering that in most jobs, management is a promotion in responsibilty AND compensation. I would consider an appropriate offer to be 100k or just shy of. Anything less than that, you are moving backwards with your finances rather than forward
Just about any driver can make a 100k with less hours than management puts in. Plus you have a pension and Don't pay for your health insurance

trickpony1

bored

Hope this helps.

Do you really need the added stressors of being in management?
How many ORS have quit, got fired, developed substance abuse problems and got divorced?

Is it worth it?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No, but you’re already going to do it so why ask? You phrased it as an opportunity, it’s anything but. If you haven’t seen first hand how operations management are treated and aren’t totally disgusted by it, then may god have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:

Adahowfarms

No, but you’re already going to do it so why ask? You phrased it as an opportunity, it’s anything but. If you haven’t seen first hand how operations management are treated and aren’t totally disgusted by it, then my god have mercy on your soul.
No I don’t think I am I gave them a bottom dollar that I had to have and am very doubtful they’ll get to it. But if they do it’s a good possibility.