Management Telling Us No More Cursing

tieguy

Banned
Hi all.

I really don't know about the validity of this new code conduct, but I was just told today that starting next week, no one is allowed to speak any obscenities, while on the floor, and doing so can lead to termination. This puzzles me because management curse more than anyone else there. The same sup said that people have already been fired from Cach for this violation. I really hope this isn't true, but if it is, I'm going to ask for a list of words that aren't allowed to be used, AND I want these words brought up to everyone during PCM so there are no mix ups :happy2:

Almost forgot, he also stated that the reason this rule was enacted was to provide a less intimidating workplace, apparently because they want to hire more women. Anyone else hearing about this?

welcome to the 21st century. this policy usually ends up being a bigger pain in the ass to management then the hourlys. :happy-very:

rocket man

TOONERTOO Red your reply you think its a joke ? you best start cleaning your locker.not for ever but for a while.7000 and counting.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
TOONERTOO Red your reply you think its a joke ? you best start cleaning your locker.not for ever but for a while.7000 and counting.
I dont have a locker. We only have one girls restroom. They worry about cursing? I dont think its a joke, everything I read on here, eventually comes to my center. Im just saying sensitivity training, yada yada, does nothing more than alienate people. It does not bother me, I do not believe Im special. I believe in God, I dont swear in front of my grandchildren, I dont swear at customers til I drive away. Im not perfect in any way at all. I think more regulation, is ridiculous.
You come to work, you have to walk through this door, not the big overhead door. You have to download EDD, before you are on the clock you are working, you have to try to get a sups attention when NDA you picked up yesterday, and dropped at the airdock (call tag) got palled back to you. You have to try to ask someone about a customer problem, a paycheck problem, an air problem, and we are worried what drivers are talking about, and how they are talking? its ridiculous.
As a female, I dont care how anyone talks, as long as they treat me well, and they can MF all day, I know they dont on the road.
And I have never had a driver ask me if I was smoking crack coz I was an hour late. And I never took real offense when a sup did. I guess I should have. That to me was more offensive than asking me what the friend I did all day.
You all conform to whatever you have to. I guess I will too, but it wont be hard as I talk to you all more than I talk with them, and the ones I do speak to can say whatever they want. And I am not offended.

trenjct

Get the **** out! We have the same policy here. "It might offend some people." Apparently, ****ing your employees, however, is not offensive.

Do you think the devil watches his language in hell? Just wondering 'cause I'm pretty sure I hear echoes of Bon Scott every time I approach the street leading to my local center.

Never with customers, and never directed at individuals, but the line is a dirty, filthy, sweaty place. It flat sucks a steaming pile o' ****! What next? "I don't want to lift that box cause it's dirty and heavy and manual labor is so demeaning."

Oh wait, I am already surrounded by individuals unmotivated to sacrifice their bodies and soul for barely minimum wage. Remember when management's favorite line was, "If you don't like it, you can always work at Mickey D's." Unfortunately, around here, the golden arches pays more.

We don't use that line on the inmates anymore.

Dustyroads

If one can control their language in front of their mother, they should be able to exhibit the same restraint in front of co-workers. I realize one may be speaking to buddies, but, one never knows who may be listening and be offended.

It's really a lot about sexual harrassment in the workplace. It exposes the company to liability if they make no move to prohibit it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This thread is toooo funny. We haven't heard this yet, but I'm sure we will. And when we do all I am going to say is.........................dilligaf. :wink2:

What are they going to do put in a swear jar at dispatch? Then again Cach could have a new fleet of tractors in 90 days so I guess I`m ****ing for this ****ty idea.

Dfigtree

Hi all.

I really don't know about the validity of this new code conduct, but I was just told today that starting next week, no one is allowed to speak any obscenities, while on the floor, and doing so can lead to termination. This puzzles me because management curse more than anyone else there. The same sup said that people have already been fired from Cach for this violation. I really hope this isn't true, but if it is, I'm going to ask for a list of words that aren't allowed to be used, AND I want these words brought up to everyone during PCM so there are no mix ups :happy2:

Almost forgot, he also stated that the reason this rule was enacted was to provide a less intimidating workplace, apparently because they want to hire more women. Anyone else hearing about this?

Here's Seven words for your list. May George rest in peace.

BEWARE. The First Amendment is Being Exercised in The Link (You Tube) below

If you are offended by normal use of the English language DO NOT FOLLOW this link or play the You Tube
. On the other hand, if you believe in the First Amendment, do what you have to do.

The Seven Words

well, I was called into a meeting with a guy with permed hair who is now a ubiquitously despised VP and an HR blonde haired blue eyed b who is now still an HR blonde haired blue eyed b. They played a voice-mail (for reasons I won't get into) that had all kinds words that Father O'Malley would object to. When I told them that I thought they had to at least inform the audience of system and app managers that doity words were about to be spoken, they told me to mind my own biz. So, it's ok acccording to the VP that looks like Rick Moranis.

Last edited:
Here's Seven words for your list. May George rest in peace.

BEWARE. The First Amendment is Being Exercised in The Link below

If you are offended by daily use of the English language DO NOT FOLLOW this link. On the other hand, if you believe in the First Amendment, do what you have to do.
If you read my earlier post on here you will know that I am not offended by colorful language used in some situations. Having said that I must follow up with; I'm sorry, but claiming the First Amendment for spoken words in every day conversations is a misapplication of that amendment. The First amendment was established to protect citizens from publicly speaking their objections to our government, not to give free reign to use any kind of language in public.

edited to add: The posting Carlin's 7 words is funny...

rushfan

Whilst I do not chastise anyone for using fowl language, It does get old hearing one of my meet drivers say MOTHER%&^$&* after every 5th or 6 word.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I think it's a great idea. Have UPS regulate the language someone uses. I'd go a step further - I'd also have them penalize those who don't shower enough, those who are annoying, those that won't stop talking about how much money they make, give a warning to those who always talk about filing grievances but don't, anyone with a bad haircut, anyone who talks too loud, and any guys that are so into themselves that they go to a tanning salon.

All are personal choices the offender makes. All are part of the environment in which we work. I love swearing. Done correctly, it is almost an art. Executed by a master, it is at the very least entertaining.

morgahorse

Not for sensitive ears....
friend* - Using Proper English

Copy and paste in URL
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3v8MRlqya4"

Last edited by a moderator:

hangin455

30+ years ago I was working preload and had been on the job about 6 months when the 1st ever (for this preload) female was hired. She was about 25 and attractive. On her first day our sup gathered us all together and said "listen guys, we've got a woman working here now so no more cursing from anyone".
She started out as we all did, unloading the trailer by herself. After a few weeks they started rotating her to the sort where we actually got to talk to her. On the 2nd night a package fell off the slide and hit her in the leg. She started slinging four letter words like you would not believe.
Needless to say, no one bothered to watch what language they were using from that point forward.