Management with Degrees Leaving

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I been in contact with a few UPSers and there are three management people in their 20's and 30's that have left in the last two months.
These are top performers moving on to other companies for better compensation.
Times are a changing ... it use to be you would not see 3 people leave in a year much less two months.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I been in contact with a few UPSers and there are three management people in their 20's and 30's that have left in the last two months.
Times are a changing ... it use to be you would not see 3 people leave in a year much less two months.
It's not only compensation, but I'll the working environment as well.
I go into many businesses every day and none have the terrible work enviroment we have at UPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe its time the good old boys club in the Ivory tower re-read the chapter on "how to treat employees like human beings". Things seem to be blowing up in their face more and more lately.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I know some that have left, and others that are looking. It's easy math. Average compensation + below average working conditions + portable retirement plan + December sucks for your family every year until you retire = turnover.

Taking from management is so engrained in UPS culture now that it's done by default. I wonder how many neglected to register and were defaulted to no spousal coverage and tobacco user status even though they have spousal coverage and non-tobacco user status this year.

Evidently these youngsters aren't feeling the love.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I doubt the decisions were based strictly on compensation, as realbrown pointed out. But I wasn't there ;)

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
I can completely understand leaving. I hate to admit it, but given the opportunity to go full-time (if that would ever be an option) with UPS or move on to a better environment for better pay I'm leaving. Of course I'm in no position to leave now, but I see myself moving on by this time next year.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
If someone with a degree is willing to tolerate the level of abuse that they are subject to I'd wonder what exactly their degree is in.

beentheredonethat

That is happening everywhere. Unfortunately, it is our best supervisors who leave. I think in a few years we will really be screwed when our experienced mgmt team retires.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Didn't Jim Casey say something to the effect that employees are the #1 asset in the company ??? Oh never mind it's now the stockholders
According to one of our Management Committee members and her exact words "... Our Brand is our # One asset".
I heard gasps in the audience when she said this. (along with WTF).

CharleyHustle

This is only one of several truths!

I have a small truth; Of all the management people I know, granted this doesn't go much above a Division Mgr, I don't see any of them doing things that should require a collage degree. So, if you have a degree and don't see yourself going any higher than a DM, maybe you should quit.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I have a small truth; Of all the management people I know, granted this doesn't go much above a Division Mgr, I don't see any of them doing things that should require a collage degree. So, if you have a degree and don't see yourself going any higher than a DM, maybe you should quit.
There are no operations positions at any level that require degrees to be successful. Outside of operations there are very few positions that require degrees to be successful, even in Atlanta. Typically all a degree does for you is put your resume in a different pile.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are no operations positions at any level that require degrees to be successful. Outside of operations there are very few positions that require degrees to be successful, even in Atlanta. Typically all a degree does for you is put your resume in a different pile.

A degree shows that you have the willingness to learn and the ability to be trained. It does not necessarily mean that you will do a better job that an otherwise equally qualified employee who does not have their degree.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I know some that have left, and others that are looking. It's easy math. Average compensation + below average working conditions + portable retirement plan + December sucks for your family every year until you retire = turnover.

Taking from management is so engrained in UPS culture now that it's done by default. I wonder how many neglected to register and were defaulted to no spousal coverage and tobacco user status even though they have spousal coverage and non-tobacco user status this year.

Evidently these youngsters aren't feeling the love.
Yeah maybe their not content on mediocrity n failure like the rest of the robot supes who don't care n just let everything run like poop all the time. Sad but true