Management

Birdblue

hey I was wondering can I get fired for going slow? I don’t mean to keep bothering people about this one but I’m just worried that I will because I know I have made management angry over the years I’ve been here and feel like they are trying to let me go by trying to say I’m slow. For instance since we are near peak season and they hired new hires and let twilight double shift I don’t get much scans could they use that as there excuse to fire me?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
hey I was wondering can I get fired for going slow? I don’t mean to keep bothering people about this one but I’m just worried that I will because I know I have made management angry over the years I’ve been here and feel like they are trying to let me go by trying to say I’m slow. For instance since we are near peak season and they hired new hires and let twilight double shift I don’t get much scans could they use that as there excuse to fire me?

I hope so.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
They cannot discipline (fire) you over production numbers. Just follow the methods. If they get on your case about moving faster , stop, look at them & say “I’m working at my fastest, safe speed”

Birdblue

If so what should I do to prevent this from happening because I truly need my job.

Birdblue

They cannot discipline (fire) you over production numbers. Just follow the methods. If they get on your case about moving faster , stop, look at them & say “I’m working at my fastest, safe speed”
Then why do they hint around to me and bluster about as if they can and are going to if they cannot?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
l5EQg6.gif

Then why do they hint around to me and bluster about as if they can and are going to if they cannot?
I went through this nonsense for years. I regret every second of worry and fear because I didn’t know any better.
Do not worry about it if you’re doing your job. Tell them you possibly need retraining if you think it’d help. Beyond that file harassment grievances on them. Then file each time someone harasses you. I assure you it will stop.
Follow methods and don’t worry about getting a target on your back. Unless you’re a complete company suck, it’s coming anyway.
Put a stop to it immediately or you’ll regret it later

Birdblue

I went through this nonsense for years. I regret every second of worry and fear because I didn’t know any better.
Do not worry about it if you’re doing your job. Tell them you possibly need retraining if you think it’d help. Beyond that file harassment grievances on them. Then file each time someone harasses you. I assure you it will stop.
Follow methods and don’t worry about getting a target on your back. Unless you’re a complete company suck, it’s coming anyway.
Put a stop to it immediately or you’ll regret it later
What do you mean by complete company suck, it’s coming anyway.

JustDeliverIt

Because they are trying to get you to go faster. When it comes down to it, they cannot discipline you for production. Work safe and to the best of your ability. If they constantly bother you, file for harassment.