Management's answer is " whatever " ?

MobileBA

When my manager is done yelling at me I either respond "whatever" , "will I be paid differently today" or "wherever I'm at is where I'm supposed to be" Whatever seems to baffle him the most and he scurries back into his office.

gorilla75jdw

Last time I checked , cancer kills . I do bring my own drinks . As said before the part time folks drink the hell out of it . Maybe , but hopefully not , one of you gets a serious cancer and then the people who you work for just tells you "whatever" , you would be a little concerned , until then . Keep drinking the Kool aid

barnyard

KTM rider
You phrased your argument poorly.

My wife and I were just talking about it and it is not the water, it is the plastic bottles. Keeping the bottles out of the sun is what you need to key in on. The contents are superfluous, the bottles are the problem.

gorilla75jdw

You phrased your argument poorly.

My wife and I were just talking about it and it is not the water, it is the plastic bottles. Keeping the bottles out of the sun is what you need to key in on. The contents are superfluous, the bottles are the problem.
My point is , they are storing bottled water in direct sunlight (plastic for clarity) . I don't know how else to deliver the message any better .

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You're luck you even got water. UPS ceased buying bottled water for PTers here awhile ago. If we don't bring our own, we only have the option of using a WELL-based drinking fountain that has pee warm water, and is usually stained with spit and gum. Note: using the drinking fountain more than once a day, even if it's hotter than hell outside, is stealing time. But make sure you sign off on the hydration sheet during compliance training.....

Integrity

Binge Poster
  • My hub has been pretty good about providing bottled water to the employees during most days this summer , but they (management) has chose to store the bottled water outside , in direct sunlight for days and weeks . I approached a full-time safety rep today about the storing of the water in direct warm/hot sunlight , and how numerous studies have shown it causes cancer . My safety reps answer was "whatever" it has not been proven . But yet giving what happened in Birmingham just this week , one would think they would try to do better , as usual though guess not .
    gorilla75jdw,

I have read many of the unkind and unreasonable responses to your discussion.

Regardless of the concern, the safety reps response to your concern is unacceptable.

These types of ignorant responses clearly contribute to the stressful environment in the workplace.

Much like the many ignorant responses that contribute to some of the unfriendly attitudes of far too many here on the BC.

Sincerely,

I