Manager harassing new drivers because of OT .

Method Mensch

What to do when your manager or supervisor keep harassing you because of the extra hours you take the finish deliveries?
I tell them to be better sup. I tell them it's their job to figure out what the obstacle to reducing OT is. Tell them after they figure it out, to they can show how to fix it.

MAKAVELI

LOL, why do you think they have the ability to pull the trigger at 45 days if they see fit???

Based on what?
Policy is not when they see fit. The 45 day rule only applies when another route is available with the same schedule as the one that's on injury/medical leave. If one takes FMLA they can't touch the route for 90 days.

Maui

LOL, why do you think they have the ability to pull the trigger at 45 days if they see fit???

Based on what?
What would even be the point? If Jane is a poor performer on-road and her route is bid at day 46, then she comes back in 90 she keeps her position. She is then placed on a route that she doesn’t know. How is that better?

Maui

Policy is not when they see fit. The 45 day rule only applies when another route is available with the same schedule as the one that's on injury/medical leave. If one takes FMLA they can't touch the route for 90 days.
Where does policy state that?

MAKAVELI

This-
The 45 day rule only applies when another route is available with the same schedule as the one that's on injury/medical leave. If one takes FMLA they can't touch the route for 90 days.
If the employee is expected to return 90 days their position must be held. If they have a bid route that means there must be an open route for them return to if back before 90. As far as FMLA, I've never see a route taken from someone on qualified leave unless there expected return is beyond the 90. It would set precedent for any FMLA. Including baby bonding and maternal leave. There's a common misconception between workers comp and FMLA. Workers comp protects your pay but not job as FMLA protects your job and benefits.

Maui

If the employee is expected to return 90 days their position must be held. If they have a bid route that means there must be an open route for them return to if back before 90. As far as FMLA, I've never see a route taken from someone on qualified leave unless there expected return is beyond the 90. It would set precedent for any FMLA. Including baby bonding and maternal leave.
This is not exactly what you wrote before. This is more precise and more accurate. If it is known one will be out longer than 90, then the route can be posted after 45.

Additionally, some leaves are not FMLA protected. In those cases the policy still states that the position is protected. Although, it is possible one may not retain their shift.

It makes zero sense to bid a route while someone is on FMLA.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Jimmy Johnson the retired football coach was once asked if he treated all his players the same. He answered HELL NO. This is the way life is.

Sure, and the NFL is analogous to being a regular employee at a business? The idea is to have a level playing field, which doesn't exist at FedEx except in theory.

MAKAVELI

This is not exactly what you wrote before. This is more precise and more accurate. If it is known one will be out longer than 90, then the route can be posted after 45.

Additionally, some leaves are not FMLA protected. In those cases the policy still states that the position is protected. Although, it is possible one may not retain their shift.

It makes zero sense to bid a route while someone is on FMLA.
Which is exactly why anyone on WC should file for FMLA concurrently. It's better to be covered by both to protect both job and pay.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

How many times have you, as a manager, had to deal with this?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What would even be the point? If Jane is a poor performer on-road and her route is bid at day 46, then she comes back in 90 she keeps her position. She is then placed on a route that she doesn’t know. How is that better?

She is placed on a route that is better suited to her abilities and she gets her 35 hours.