Manager harassing new drivers because of OT .

MassWineGuy

Following company policy keeps you on the good side. The good side gets you the benefit of the doubt when you do make a mistake. The good side gets you the day off you want,when the schedule states there are none. The good side gets you the new truck when they arrive. The good side seems to rearrange your route so you do not get that brand new car dealership that just open up.

Absolutely 100 percent right.

MassWineGuy

Yes, you're right. I remember the company memo on distance from pu from about two years ago. It said you can open it up to pup or dex it as long as you are within a third of a mile from the customer location. I try to always be at least that close.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, you're right. I remember the company memo on distance from pu from about two years ago. It said you can open it up to pup or dex it as long as you are within a third of a mile from the customer location. I try to always be at least that close.

If you are that close to the pickup you may as well stop in and actually make the pickup.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I love all the call me signs customers leave on doors and gates........gives me a perfect spot to leave my door tag.:stalker:

When I first started some of our pickup customers would put YES signs in their window if they had something going and NO signs if they didn't. Worked out 99+% of the time; however, there was always that customer who decided to wait until I had already driven by their location to put their YES sign out and they would then follow that up with a missed pickup concern.

McFeely

Huge Member
Just send a message to dispatch to cancel pu per ( customers name) for reg pu and they should take it off you.

This.

I cancel pups every week per texts I get from these customers. Of course, I only give my number to customers who aren't complete weirdos. I also text customers when we have a positive pull so they have a heads-up. Our station/dispatchers don't notify our pups when we're picking up early.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We also had drivers who would call their pickups. I never liked that-----customer is paying to see my pretty face every day.

Never been a big fan of couriers who contacted too many of their customers via their phones. Whenever they'd take time off, it would be a cluster. One of the first routes I covered as a swing, the regular courier gave me a sheet with names and numbers and when and why you would call them. Ignored virtually all of it. I wasn't going to spend half the day calling people about their pickups and deliveries; no reason his customers can't use our service in the same way all the others do.

Doubleparkedrunner

OK, Dirty Harry. See you at the unemployment office.
I'm not in fear of losing a job at FedEx because , simply, I don't work there.

I have worked there and that is why I said what I said. I see the drivers who work for ground now and feel bad for them as I know what little future and upward monetary trajectory they have to look forward to.

Maybe times will change in the near future because of all the unemployment currently growing at a rapid pace in this country but I still wouldn't be afraid of losing a ground job as management can't keep their drivers for long as it is. It's a never ending merry go round of new drivers just using the job as a stepping stone or "in between" job after losing their previous.

Lots of ground drivers aren't making substantially more than your local Walmart or fast food worker now a days, so what would I be afraid of if threatened by management?

MAKAVELI

They aren't arbitrary, but thanks for playing.
They are arbitrary when it comes to policy. When it comes to medical, and/or injury leave, management does not have the authority to base a decision on work performance. Every employee has to be treated equally and allowed the same rights equally. You simply can't take Jane's route away at 45 because you think she's slow and give Joe 90 days+ because he's a Gunner. Most people probably don't try to fight it, but if the circumstances are the same Jane would have a case for discrimination.

MassWineGuy

Many things are tossups to be decided at a manager's discretion. An employee's conduct and performance figure into that discretion.

Wow, ain’t that the truth? If you get along with everyone, meet your job goals and show up on time each day, you stand a much better chance that your manager will give you the benefit of the doubt in situations that aren’t black and white.

As my first manager told me, basically, all a manager wants is for someone to come in, do their job and go home. Period.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They are arbitrary when it comes to policy. When it comes to medical, and/or injury leave, management does not have the authority to base a decision on work performance. Every employee has to be treated equally and allowed the same rights equally. You simply can't take Jane's route away at 45 because you think she's slow and give Joe 90 days+ because he's a Gunner.

LOL, why do you think they have the ability to pull the trigger at 45 days if they see fit???

Most people probably don't try to fight it, but if the circumstances are the same Jane would have a case for discrimination.

Based on what?