Manager harassing new drivers because of OT .

MassWineGuy

My manager was a courier for about 30 years when she applied for management last April. When we went for a check ride recently she was with me the entire route until we returned to the building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys need Smart Pickups-----they cancel automatically if there are no packages processed up to an hour before their commit time. Saves driving out to the middle of nowhere for an occasional shipper.

We also had drivers who would call their pickups. I never liked that-----customer is paying to see my pretty face every day.

McFeely

Huge Member
Smart pickups don’t work for air bills or prepaid labels (like some of our medical paks use), but I do wish we had that technology on some stops.

I have it on one of my grocery stores, saves me about 10 min a day. But it’s only as accurate as the store scanning their outbound.

Last edited:

It will be fine

You guys need Smart Pickups-----they cancel automatically if there are no packages processed up to an hour before their commit time. Saves driving out to the middle of nowhere for an occasional shipper.

We also had drivers who would call their pickups. I never liked that-----customer is paying to see my pretty face every day.
They’ve been converting many Ground pickups to those lately. I hate it. I need a driver with the capacity to get to a stop but now when it’s canceled I don’t get paid.

MAKAVELI

You enjoying the Ganja in your retirement?:happy2:

Bingo

Grow a pair.
Following company policy keeps you on the good side. The good side gets you the benefit of the doubt when you do make a mistake. The good side gets you the day off you want,when the schedule states there are none. The good side gets you the new truck when they arrive. The good side seems to rearrange your route so you do not get that brand new car dealership that just open up.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Following company policy keeps you on the good side. The good side gets you the benefit of the doubt when you do make a mistake. The good side gets you the day off you want,when the schedule states there are none. The good side gets you the new truck when they arrive. The good side seems to rearrange your route so you do not get that brand new car dealership that just open up.
Sounds more like favoritism, which is also against policy.

Doubleparkedrunner

What to do when your manager or supervisor keep harassing you because of the extra hours you take the finish deliveries?
Just do your job to the best of your abilities and don't give a flying fudgsicle what your manager says; but treat them with respect while not caring.

If someone threatened to fire me from FedEx;

I'd simply respond

" Don't threaten me with a good time "

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just do your job to the best of your abilities and don't give a flying fudgsicle what your manager says; but treat them with respect while not caring.

If someone threatened to fire me from FedEx;

I'd simply respond

" Don't threaten me with a good time "

OK, Dirty Harry. See you at the unemployment office.

CatMan

Yeah, and the bad side is a result of..constantly arguing with management; constantly challenging dispatch, complaining when operational need comes into play, and just having a negative attitude in times of stress .

CatMan

No favoritism at FedEx...ever.
Ha Ha Ha...I've been on the wrong end of favoritism enough times to know that, you take your lumps (even if your right ), and comply. And if something goes wrong it's on management! .Keep your poise and take the hours. You will benefit from it down the road.If you loathe coming to work daily ,try to make a change.But if you come to work and you are flexible and you're ready to come through in the clutch, your manager will reward you when you need someone to pinch hit for you (and you surely will )but if you can't seem to find a middle ground, it will lead to your eventual demise as a Fedex Express employee.

CatMan

Some people think that you need to kiss ass to stay on the good side of management. And they're too friggin' hard headed to see it any other way..I'm telling you rookies.Pull on your big boy pants, double knot your boots, stay consistent .And for gosh sake stay flexible! !!!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Some people think that you need to kiss ass to stay on the good side of management. And they're too friggin' hard headed to see it any other way..I'm telling you rookies.Pull on your big boy pants, double knot your boots, stay consistent .And for gosh sake stay flexible! !!!
Best decision I ever made, against the advice of coworkers and friends, was become a swing driver (7.5 years).

Best decision I ever made as a swing driver, after being placed in a no-win situation, was to no longer give a damn, and just do my best. Highly recommend this philosophy.

And not to brag, but I was selected Employee of the Month twice as a swing. I guess my philosophy works.