Mandatory use of Diad Clips and Pouches

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I drop the DIAD more trying to get it on the clip then I used to without it. I like using the clip but the design could be a little better and not so tight of a fit. I have also considered drilling a hole thru the clip and the belt and putting in a small bolt so the clip stays in the same place. That would solve the seatbelt issue.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They have been asking every driver around here every morning when they go over the sspvv report,(or whatever they call the telematics review in the morning) if they have a clip or pouch. I always tell them I have a handle on the diad. No one has been disciplind for it though. We also had a diad training module about it a couple of weeks ago. I would bet this is leading to charging drivers to replace broken diads that have been dropped.

The methods that we are instructed by management to follow require us to carry the DIAD and scan the package(s) while walking to the delivery point. We are specifically instructed to not scan packages while in the the back of the car.

In the real world, a driver who handles hundreds of packages and does hundreds of stops per day will inevitably drop the DIAD at some point. There is no way in hell that the company should ever be allowed to hold the driver financially responsible for breaking one.

probellringer

....you know what ---they want us to release everything anyway ---just give us a sheet of paper with the SIG REQUIRED packages on them with a line for sig....everything else we leave....we dont need no stinkin diads....ups can save ton o money

wornoutupser

In the real world, a driver who handles hundreds of packages and does hundreds of stops per day will inevitably drop the DIAD at some point. There is no way in hell that the company should ever be allowed to hold the driver financially responsible for breaking one.

In the real world? UPS IE Dept? Sober, thats the best laugh I have had all year! +100

Brownsfan

For those of you who use the clip I have a little tip to make it easier to use. Take a drill or a knife and drill out or cut out the hook part so that it has a bigger gap. The bigger opening makes it easier to hook the Diad on to it. It makes a world of difference. Also if you don't wear a belt the hook will still grip your shorts and not come off your hip when you remove the Diad especially if it's drilled out. . Hope this helps

rod

Retired 22 years
DIAD 4's are definitely more expensive than that. I am not sure of the current book value of a D4, but $2000 was the price quoted in a previous thread:

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/lost-diad-board-246458/

A price of $350 was quoted also. It don't really matter--- the driver shouldn't have to pay for it anyway and should fight it if told he has to. Its just a tool that gets banged around and dropped all day long anyway.

Last edited:

DiadDude

A price of $350 was quoted also. It don't really matter--- the driver shouldn't have to pay for it anyway and should fight it if told he has to. Its just a tool that gets banged around and dropped all day long anyway.

$350 was put out there sarcastically. $2k is pretty close to what I understand the price of a D4 to be.