MAPP - Full-time Supervisor

Rosa

I don't know anything about it - But, I have heard is pretty hard! I am trying myself to figure out how to prep myself for the test!!
Please help!

Thanks
R

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would you please tell me about UPS MAPP Test , Mailbox, ..etc?

Thank you.

Please any one would you please tell me about the MAPP test, Mail box,...etc?

Thanks so much!
R

Would You please tell me what is MAPP, mailbox test?

Thanks
R

The MAPP test is quite complex. The applicant is handed a road map and is asked to unfold it and then refold it exactly as it was when it was first handed to him. The mail box test is equally complex and is in two parts. In the first part, the applicant is handed a stack of outgoing mail and must place the mail in to the mailbox and put the little flag up so that the rural carrier will be sure to stop. In the second part, the applicant must go out to the mailbox, remove the incoming mail and put the little flag down.

etc is short for etcetera, which is a Latin term which means "and so forth".

I hope this has helped you. Dave.

BrownSuit

Please any one would you please tell me about the MAPP test, Mail box,...etc?

Thanks so much!
R

Yes, you will sign a piece of paper during the process stating that you received no assistance or help from anybody at UPS to pass and that you will give no help to others.

Any other questions can be best answered by your local HR.

Andorian440

I suggest you finish your master's degree first. Once you go full time management, you will have no time for school. The master's degree will make you more marketable outside of UPS.

UPSer_27

I'm currently in the same boat as csuf07. I went through the MAPP written exams with a breeze but bombed the panel interview and hoping to retake it soon. I'm also pursuing my Masters (in Global Logistics) and will be graduating this May. My graduation date is approaching quickly and I'm afraid that my hard work from school wouldn't be recognized and that I'll be waiting a lifetime before I get promoted from my current CSR role.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm currently in the same boat as csuf07. I went through the MAPP written exams with a breeze but bombed the panel interview and hoping to retake it soon. I'm also pursuing my Masters (in Global Logistics) and will be graduating this May. My graduation date is approaching quickly and I'm afraid that my hard work from school wouldn't be recognized and that I'll be waiting a lifetime before I get promoted from my current CSR role.

I would think that a Master's in Global Logistics would provide you with your choice of companies to work for. Update your resume if UPS does not step up and recognize your hard work.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Generally, a Master's in Global Logistics is for adults working in the industry.

If you want to fast track your career in logistics, I suggest learning Mandarin,

And MAPP, It is like Fight Club....you don't talk about Fight Club.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

The panel interview attempts to evaluate how you would react in typical workplace interactions with employees. Do you understand WHY you "bombed" the panel interviews? My experience on them is that people who have never had to interact in any sort of leadership positions have the most trouble with these role playing experiences. On the other hand, people who have been scout leaders, soccer coaches, leaders of any sort in their churches, etc. tend to be able to deal with the scenarios pretty easily. ANY management position at UPS will encounter interpersonal conflicts and weird situations that require the ability to work with people to resolve tough situations. In logistics, you may have to work as a consultant to a company that is seeking advice, which means you will need to be able to balance competing requirements and hidden political agendas to everyone's satisfaction.

Good luck.

BLACKBALLED

The panel interview attempts to evaluate how you would react in typical workplace interactions with employees. Do you understand WHY you "bombed" the panel interviews? My experience on them is that people who have never had to interact in any sort of leadership positions have the most trouble with these role playing experiences. On the other hand, people who have been scout leaders, soccer coaches, leaders of any sort in their churches, etc. tend to be able to deal with the scenarios pretty easily. ANY management position at UPS will encounter interpersonal conflicts and weird situations that require the ability to work with people to resolve tough situations. In logistics, you may have to work as a consultant to a company that is seeking advice, which means you will need to be able to balance competing requirements and hidden political agendas to everyone's satisfaction.

Good luck.

You really can't bomb the Interview, they already know if you are going to pass before you go in, this is all prearranged and believe me I have seen people with no management experience get passed and those people were some of the worst employees of the company, you can listen all you want to the so called experienced, but if your Manager and the Division manager say your through then your through, but if they do not reccomend you than forget it, it is not happening! I have seen letters and emails to proof of this and they tell you dont talk about it when your done, come on now! Answer this question if it is legit, how can you be scheduled for a Mapp interview and oh we dont have enough people, hold on i will grab Joe Blow from the Hall to be out 3rd panelist, really? like I said it is prearranged!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You really can't bomb the Interview, they already know if you are going to pass before you go in, this is all prearranged and believe me I have seen people with no management experience get passed and those people were some of the worst employees of the company, you can listen all you want to the so called experienced, but if your Manager and the Division manager say your through then your through, but if they do not reccomend you than forget it, it is not happening! I have seen letters and emails to proof of this and they tell you dont talk about it when your done, come on now! Answer this question if it is legit, how can you be scheduled for a Mapp interview and oh we dont have enough people, hold on i will grab Joe Blow from the Hall to be out 3rd panelist, really? like I said it is prearranged!

Is it safe to assume you did not pass?

BLACKBALLED

Yes Sir! Twice! I never wanted to be a Full time Manager I was trying to go Driving! I made the mistake of becoming a PT Supervisor for 5 years and 5 Different managers. I had one of the Best sorts with no injuries for the 5 years and got nothing but BS, for $13 an hr and to deal with the BS it was not worth it.

csuf07

Thanks to everyone for replying to my post. Even though I passed all the test and was in the pool for full-time supervisor, the road to full-time takes too long for me. I want to start a family soon and making around $22,000 a year is not cutting it. I ended getting a full-time job as a route auditor at a small trash company. I didn't want to leave UPS, but the process to go full-time takes too long. I wish you all the very best in your careers with or without UPS.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Yes Sir! Twice! I never wanted to be a Full time Manager I was trying to go Driving! I made the mistake of becoming a PT Supervisor for 5 years and 5 Different managers. I had one of the Best sorts with no injuries for the 5 years and got nothing but BS, for $13 an hr and to deal with the BS it was not worth it.

So, you went through a Management Assessment and Promotion Process because you were trying to go driving?

What is the significance of 5 different managers?

Why do you think you were deemed 'unworthy'?

EDIT: Holy crap....didn't realize this was necro'd from forever ago....