Marty's retiring

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Yeah I mean to each his own, different strokes for different folks.

It‘s great if someone loves to work and they work till they day they die but it sucks if someone hates the work but works till the day they die. The sad part is most people these days fall into the second category.
I never liked working at UPS so my wife and I lived frugal and I retired at 57.

It‘s great if someone loves to work and they work till they day they die but it sucks if someone hates the work but works till the day they die. The sad part is I believe most people these days fall into the second category.
I never liked working at UPS so my wife and I lived frugal and I retired at 57.
How many years have you been retired?

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
The Pandemic was crazy.
You picked a good time to leave

That helped me to decide. I always told my wife I would know when it was time. As long as I had any doubt in my mind about the finances or not being able to see myself not working I would keep working. Then one day I woke up and I couldn’t see myself staying there any longer. Something just snapped and all concerns about retiring was gone. I knew it was time and I started the paper work for retirement and I have never for 1 minute missed that place or regretted that decision.

That helped me to decide. I always told my wife I would know when it was time. As long as I had any doubt in my mind about the finances or not being able to see myself not working I would keep working. Then one day I woke up and I couldn’t see myself staying there any longer. Something just snapped and all concerns about retiring was gone. I knew it was time and I started the paper work for retirement and I have never for 1 minute missed that place or regretted that decision.
I completely understand

oldngray

nowhere special
Having time to enjoy retirement is more important than trying to chase those last dollars.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Having time to enjoy retirement is more important than trying to chase those last dollars.
This!!!
I retired two weeks after turning 55 and never regretted it. January 8 will be three years since I left that hell hole and began enjoying life. My kids are grown and gone, house is long paid off and I have no other debts.
I could still be working but you get to a point ( if you are smart) where you have enough and NOT having to deal with the BS is far more important

This!!!
I retired two weeks after turning 55 and never regretted it. January 8 will be three years since I left that hell home and began enjoying life. My kids are grown and gone, house is long paid off and I have no other debts.
I could still be working but you get to a point ( if you are smart) where you have enough and NOT having to deal with the BS is far more important
Quitter

Pullman Brown

Retirement has not been available for men for that long- 18th century. You worked until you died! Perspective! Great accomplishment!

Last edited: