Mass Shooting Solutions

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Only in Utopia.

As you seem to be a thoughtful, logical, sensible person; I am confused and disappointed you have come to that conclusion. This is likely because we come from very different backgrounds, and have had some very different life experiences and lessons. May your good fortune continue.

I can affirm that in my adult life I have made some poor decisions, done stupid things, and made some mistakes. Those incidents have been very rare. I can also affirm that I invariably suffered accordingly, and sometimes disproportionately for those gaffes.

I thoroughly reject the notion that my, and the rights of others, be compromised in the slightest due to the actions of those who are evil, addicted, stupid, mentally ill, and/or who SHOULD have been institutionalized.
That is the way of the world now.
we are always punished due to the actions of one.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
australia has higher wages than us and takes more paid vacation than us and no student debt peonage

but its starting to look like mad max with climate catastrophe

So you're ok with the government controlling your life to a high degree, so long as you get paid enough, get enough time off, and don't have to pay for college? How is that any different than working for a capitalist?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If your answer is even a partial solution, then there is no question that the powers that be have no interest in stopping mass shootings.

That's obvious, regardless of what the real solution is. Once they think they've convinced enough people that taking guns away is the only solution, they will start taking them. To start they will do voluntary buy backs, then ramp up red flag laws, then make some examples out of hold outs, then mandatory buy backs, then some more examples. All the people who think guns will save us will be among the first to give them up.

rickyb

So you're ok with the government controlling your life to a high degree, so long as you get paid enough, get enough time off, and don't have to pay for college? How is that any different than working for a capitalist?
I'm in favor of a lot of direct democracy. Don't necessarily think things should always b privately owned or left to the market. But it should always be very democratic to keep concentrated power at bay.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Senate Gun Control Agreement lacks the any real solutions.
Congress will have to pass a bill allowing law enforcement access to health records thus bypassing HIPAA rules.
HIPAA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, a 1996 Federal law that restricts access to individuals' private medical information.
If LEOs has access to medical records for any purpose, that means anyone in government has access.
I can't help but wonder if the "turned down for a gun purchase" will end up being the same as being on the no-fly list...you don't even know you're on it, then when you find out you're on it you're not told why, and find it near impossible to get off of it.

We have heard similar things many times before, how "so and so's" Juvenile Criminal Record did not follow them into adulthood - so ordered by a Judge - records were sealed.

The no fly list is recognized by the courts as unconstitutional. Everyone who has fought being on the list has been removed. They will gain access to medical records via the IRS, particularly if they get their digital currency system up and running.

vantexan

Good afternoon friend,

I do not believe repealing the 2nd Amendment will change the laws regarding the right for a person to defend themselves or not.

I believe repealing it will just remove the confusion and controversy about the issue of self defense and it may just reduce the abuses by men and interest groups that use the 2nd Amendment for their own personal agenda and perhaps even selfish ends.

I do believe the original intent of the 2nd amendment was not intended to ensure or even deal with personal self defense or personal self defense issues.
Fortunately the Supreme Court since the 2nd Amendment was enacted have disagreed with your assessment.

vantexan

Yes, and the ones who have it get people who don't to do what they want. The people who have more money than they could ever use aren't motivated to get more. They are motivated by using it to get people to do what they want. It's really not that complex a concept.

Posted an article about the one in Washington. Sorry your denial doesn't let you remember that. I haven't found an article about the one in Oregon, but, honestly, you aren't being rational about this subject, so I haven't cared enough to look.

I.hope you get over your denial soon. Best of luck.

Yes, you pointed that out. I never made the claim that anyone was rounding up millions of people.

That was in the context of your preposterous claim about rounding up millions of people. You were being absurd and I was playing along.

Nope, that was you, again. What is happening is the running up to that, but you won't believe it until you get marched into the ovens.

I am only half joking on that. It's not hard to see the parallels between the movie and what's actually being done. Now we have a guy at Google claiming that they have a sentient AI. Who knows what might happen? It seems that we are being reckless with technology, and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out

You are the only person who is having as severe a reaction to these things that I talk about. Several others who have weighed in understand exactly what I'm saying. It's time you admitted to yourself that you are the problem here.
I think the conspiracy theories detract from real issues. But you do you. And you didn't post anything that proved concentration camps are being built. And you said that concentration camps were being built to bring in conservative Trump supporters. That's at least 60 million strong.

Integrity

Binge Poster
For ricky? Only in Utopia.

As you seem to be a thoughtful, logical, sensible person; I am confused and disappointed you have come to that conclusion. This is likely because we come from very different backgrounds, and have had some very different life experiences and lessons. May your good fortune continue.
Thanks, you as well.
I can affirm that in my adult life I have made some poor decisions, done stupid things, and made some mistakes. Those incidents have been very rare. I can also affirm that I invariably suffered accordingly, and sometimes disproportionately for those gaffes.
I can certainly identify with this.
I thoroughly reject the notion that my, and the rights of others, be compromised in the slightest due to the actions of those who are evil, addicted, stupid, mentally ill, and/or who SHOULD have been institutionalized.
I definitely see your point and I think understand your convictions. I certainly understand being weary of the individuals in government today I don’t think they make government bad, they are just bad.

I believe in gun ownership. I just believe for the better of all that the 2nd Amendment is obsolete to its original purpose and because it is there it is being misused and abused for political and interest group purpose and it should be repealed.

I believe repealing the 2nd Amendment won’t make gun ownership illegal, it will remove gun ownership and sound fair, reasonable gun legislation from the log jam that it being a Constitutional issue creates.
That is equivalent to beating a sleeping dog, while another dog craps on the floor.
I understand your point. Lol.

I wonder if I try this, would my one dog stop crapping on the floor. One my dogs is awesome, the other still has accidents after 10 years. He’s awesome too.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm in favor of a lot of direct democracy. Don't necessarily think things should always b privately owned or left to the market. But it should always be very democratic to keep concentrated power at bay.

Direct democracy would be all but impossible. You would have to vote, every day, on several issues that you won't have time to inform yourself about. Counting votes would be a full time job for thousands of people. Then there's the issues with enforcing the vote.

Best case is you would have a majority of people who are underinformed voting on issues, probably making bad choices. The power would concentrate into the hands of the people in charge of counting votes, or the enforcers, and it would probably be the counters using the enforcers to concentrate their power.

rickyb

Direct democracy would be all but impossible. You would have to vote, every day, on several issues that you won't have time to inform yourself about. Counting votes would be a full time job for thousands of people. Then there's the issues with enforcing the vote.

Best case is you would have a majority of people who are underinformed voting on issues, probably making bad choices. The power would concentrate into the hands of the people in charge of counting votes, or the enforcers, and it would probably be the counters using the enforcers to concentrate their power.
Check out Sheldon wolin

If direct democracy is too slow then you can do representative democracy. We count votes fast here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think the conspiracy theories detract from real issues.
I think calling real things conspiracy theories allows you to live in a bubble of denial, where you will never have to do anything because the institutions love you and would never harm you.

But you do you.
Thanks for the permission, mom.

And you didn't post anything that proved concentration camps are being built.
Still in denial? You do you.

And you said that concentration camps were being built to bring in conservative Trump supporters. That's at least 60 million strong.
I never said that, you made that up. Seek help. Oh, and you used to say 100 million, since you forgot your own claim and confused it for mine. Bye Felicia.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I agree.

I believe if only the populace would vote true democracy would limit partisanship, the power of interest groups such as big business, and the ruling class of the rich.

I firmly believe it wouldn’t be perfect, but it would be better.

But the people would have to vote.

vantexan

True.

Do you think the 2nd Amendment is currently fulfilling its original intent and purpose?
If news organizations were reporting all the incidents nationwide that occur daily where people defended themselves with guns or stopped crimes in action you might believe that it is fulfilling its original intent. When it was enacted people lived in very rural areas with no defense except what they could muster. Indians, outlaws, wild animals were a fact of life. And outlaws still are. The Constitutional Convention was not trying to take guns out of citizens' hands. Speaking of self defense, a disturbed man was arrested after he went to Brett Kavanaugh's home last week with the intent to assassinate him. None of the liberal networks even mentioned it and the NY Times buried it on page 20 if I remember right. I don't think liberals realize how much they are manipulated by their own media.

Mutineer

I wonder if I try this, would my one dog stop crapping on the floor. One my dogs is awesome, the other still has accidents after 10 years. He’s awesome too.

This sounds like an interesting, worthwhile experiment for you.

I approve of it. Do you require funding?

Even more so if the innocent, sleeping dog is large and toothy.

Many here would be very interested in you sharing the results of your experiment.

vantexan

I think calling real things conspiracy theories allows you to live in a bubble of denial, where you will never have to do anything because the institutions love you and would never harm you.

Thanks for the permission, mom.

Still in denial? You do you.

I never said that, you made that up. Seek help. Oh, and you used to say 100 million, since you forgot your own claim and confused it for mine. Bye Felicia.
Yeah, you did. Liar, liar, pants on fire. And you just acknowledged with the 100 million we did discuss where you said they were going to put conservatives into concentration camps and had no intention to feed them. And you went on that Auschwitz style camps could certainly happen in the U.S. Conspiracy theorist.