Mass Shooting Solutions

rickyb

Where is this sainted democracy at that's doing that?
you guys did it during the great depression when you almost had a revolutions and 94% top marginal income tax and higher corporate taxes

you can look at polls and see if americans want to tax the rich. but it doesnt get done bc it doesnt matter what you want; you are ruled by money

Thebrownblob

Especially when that problem is children.
Sounds like bad parenting, Bad medicine, and bad schooling. Maybe the problem isn’t guns at all. When I went to school I could’ve done grabbed a gun out of a rifle room where the rifle team kept their weapons and shot everyone if I wanted to. Interesting it never happened. Oh and we had plenty of trouble kids LOL.

El Correcto

god is dead
I am unaware of any theories that we came from "apes."

When you put "apes" in that context, it makes the theory of evolution seem less credible, and more ridiculous than it deserves.

I would suspect we lost our fur as a result of being in a temperate climate, and being in need of vitamin D.

Also, a genius among us learned to weave, and/or wear the fur of animals we scavenged or killed.

Personally, I entertain the notion that we are descended from primates that were inseminated by very horny, possibly intoxicated space aliens.

Can you imagine what a hilarious scene that would be? I can imagine the hung-over space aliens waking up, realizing what they'd done, doing a walk of shame, crawling and vomiting their way onto their ship, and leaving the scene at warp speed.

I think they visit us from time to time in order to observe us and re-affirm what an embarrassing, terrible, stupid thing they did. The infamous incident probably set a precedent for the protocol to follow when visiting the natives of other planets.

Rule #1: don't have intercourse with the natives.

That theory is no less ridiculous or incredible than plenty of stories from any text.
This is of course just a “theory”. Human beings share common ancestors not just with monkey and apes but with every living thing on the planet.
It’s an interesting theory and the evidence with modern science is staggering.

People who think oh we lost our fur because of climate or because we needed something don’t understand it. It is random mutations occurring over the course of almost 5,000,000,000 years. It would take around 59,000,000 human life spans to witness life reaching this point. That is a lot of :censored2:ing and random mutations being weeded out by natural pressures on the species. Survival of the fittest tooth and claw.

It’s a lot cooler to think we are born the pinnacle of life and evolution than some random jew god decided let there be man.

Attachments

• 1655160490279.png
    1655160490279.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

vantexan

you guys did it during the great depression when you almost had a revolutions and 94% top marginal income tax and higher corporate taxes

you can look at polls and see if americans want to tax the rich. but it doesnt get done bc it doesnt matter what you want; you are ruled by money
But you said democracies do that. Which ones? Where?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Okay so what is your honest opinion?
My honest opinion about the topic Mass Shooting solutions is as follows:

IMHO I favor highly regulated gun ownership.

IMHO: The following 3 opinions would be a good start in the pursuit to decrease mass shootings in the US.
I believe in extensive background checks and thorough psychological screening of each person before a firearm purchase permit is issued.
IMHO
I also believe that it has to be a federal standard and not in the hands of the state government.
IMHO:
Because of the difficulty individuals appear to have with reconciling the second amendment of the US Constitution with adequate and thorough gun regulation I firmly believe that the 2nd Amendment has outlived its intent and purpose and should be repealed. I believe this would enable a more reasonable amendment to address responsible gun ownership and protection of the innocent.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do not believe repealing the 2nd Amendment will change the laws regarding the right for a person to defend themselves or not.
No one is that stupid, why are you posting without integrity?
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
Why have you not given an honest opinion?
I have given an honest opinion.
Okay so what is your honest opinion?
Do you realize none of those "opinions" you just listed addresses the specific post (bolded) we were discussing?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
You really don't have anything better to do than to remind us to adhere to the rules? Should we hold hands and sing "Cumbaya" too?

Are there actually "rules" here anymore? Who is running the site now? Integrity? OMG!

Do you realize none of those "opinions" you just listed addresses the specific post (bolded) we were discussing?

SHE could put a two year old ADHD child, who had recently consumed 12 ice pops and a bowl of Captain Crunch to sleep in less than 15 seconds. She makes those "wave" and "whales singing" sleep sounds seem like punk rock on heroin/crack speed ballin.
Her posts once made my eyelids shut SO hard the sound woke me up again. Over & over it was read/slammed eyelids/wake up & repeat. I learned my lesson. Tell you that much.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, I do not realize this.

Please enlighten me as to how those “opinions” that I listed do not address the specific post we were discussing. Or not.

If I can help you with this I will.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, I do not realize this.

Please enlighten me as to how those “opinions” that I listed do not address the specific post we were discussing. Or not.

If I can help you with this I will.
How can you say repealing the second amendment will not cause the loss of the right to defend oneself?

vantexan

IMHO I favor highly regulated gun ownership.

IMHO: The following 3 opinions would be a good start in the pursuit to decrease mass shootings in the US.

IMHO

IMHO:
Why would repealing the right to bear arms be necessary in your opinion? In other words if we have "highly regulated gun ownership" then the government gets to decide who if anyone gets to own guns without the 2nd Amendment. What will happen is the rich will have armed security. The government will have armed security. The police will be armed. The military of course. Everyone else will be told they can't have private ownership. The law abiding will comply. Law breakers won't. You'd never be able to get all the guns out there turned in. But you will jeopardize the safety of average citizens. If the government comes up with making it difficult to obtain a gun before age 21 we'll have to live with it. But to tell a 25 yr old with a family living in a high crime area he can't buy a gun to protect them is the government going too far. And you'll eventually have every area be a high crime area too.

newfie

I'm looking at these from a defensive position. We'll argue about gun control until the cows come hope and never get anything worthwhile. I want to be able to defend myself from these nuts not lose that right to do so.

the buffalo shooting had an armed guard. I believe a retired police officer that died?

they need to look at that scenario and see what they can do to help him better defend that store. I see a lot of stores and banks where the guards are standing out front more as a visual deterence than a physical one.

We know the school did not ensure good security. If they made sure that the doors were always locked than that nut would have died outside the school. If the school police officer was in position doing his job those kids would be alive today.