Massachusetts vote for Scott Brown . Save our Health care

UnconTROLLed

perfection
scott-brown.jpg

diesel96

So Ted Kennedy won his old seat back Tuesday night? He's got staying power I'll give him that.
:happy-very:

I'm hearing repubs. throwing this guy around for a WH run in 2012' so can we look for a plan comparison between President Get Naked and President Change over whose gov't run healthcare system is better!

Mr Brown....pro Healthcare for Mass in 2006....oh oh....hold that line....against Healthcare reform in 2010. He'll need a nice pair of flip flops when he visits Martha's Vineyard....Lets see if he flips on his Pro Choice stance...hmm

But more power to a self-made Man who drives an old P/U truck. Mine's a 96 Ford, but out of neccessity...you know a little thing called College tuition.
I wish he just wouldn't use his "everyman" likeable image threw his 200,000 mile p/u truck as a prop....ohh..did he mention his 5 other properties and six figure plus net worth.
Did anyone notice, he never mentioned Republicans during his acceptance speech...Yet, all my Fox and friends are gloating like Teenage girls watching San-jay on American Idol....I'll give credit where credit is due though, he knows how to play the game and cater to the large finicky Independent constituents in Mass... Not to mention an incorrect sports analogy could cost a Mass Politican an election.....Says alot about Beantown and "Yawkee Way"....But what a loyal Sportstown!...."Cheers" Where everybody knows you name....

wkmac

wkmac, I surprised you fell for that lie the dems are floating around. Brown only removed his shirt for that photo shot, back in his college days. { and was voted most sexy man in that article }

If you want something "racy" check out his wife's 80's music video ."girl with the .... hand" I think was the name of the song.

Truth is, I didn't really care one way or the other, I was just amazed (like Obama) the guy wins one election and his party all of a sudden wants him for the highest office in the land. In both cases, it wasn't about the person having experience or even fantastic ideas for that matter, it's about appearance only. Obama and Brown are nothing more than Washington runway models who are pretty faces but purely empty suits who pretend to be one thing and always do another.

Another pretty face had many repubs. all pumped up last election cycle and the irony is in many respects, that repub. instituted as governor what in many respects would be a similar model to Obama's healthcare plan. Instead of going through all the trouble and BS of an election cycle, why not forget all that nonsense and just select a President like they do on American Idol. At least it's more honest!

And as for the shirtless pic you mentioned, here's the original spread from Cosmo (creds to Moreluck on this one) so you be the judge. I don't think it makes a damn one way or the other but like Mitt Romney, the video clip IMO shows again another republican pretending to be one thing when in fact the truth is he's not!

Speaking of Romney, here's an interesting piece from Slate about RomneyCare. IMO it sez more about the "good citizens" of the Bay State and why they voted Kennedy in all those years. "I GOT MINE!" seems to about nail it on the money and I'm not convinced these voters who elected Brown care about truth in advertising as much as they are voting to protect what they already have.

av8torntn

I'm not convinced these voters who elected Brown care about truth in advertising as much as they are voting to protect what they already have.

IMO they should be that way. They should have the right to have or not have everyone in their state covered by a state health plan. Don't get me wrong I fully understand that they have to rely on federal money to make this happen and this is wrong but I am not sure this is how they see it. They are correct in part at least that they should not have to pay for my health care they just stop a little short and I should not have to pay for theirs either.

island1fox

Mr Brown....pro Healthcare for Mass in 2006....oh oh....hold that line....against Healthcare reform in 2010. He'll need a nice pair of flip flops when he visits Martha's Vineyard....Lets see if he flips on his Pro Choice stance...hmm

But more power to a self-made Man who drives an old P/U truck. Mine's a 96 Ford, but out of neccessity...you know a little thing called College tuition.
I wish he just wouldn't use his "everyman" likeable image threw his 200,000 mile p/u truck as a prop....ohh..did he mention his 5 other properties and six figure plus net worth.
Did anyone notice, he never mentioned Republicans during his acceptance speech...Yet, all my Fox and friends are gloating like Teenage girls watching San-jay on American Idol....I'll give credit where credit is due though, he knows how to play the game and cater to the large finicky Independent constituents in Mass... Not to mention an incorrect sports analogy could cost a Mass Politican an election.....Says alot about Beantown and "Yawkee Way"....But what a loyal Sportstown!...."Cheers" Where everybody knows you name....

diesel,
Wow !!! Talk about sour grapes !!!!:happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This election was to educate the rest of the country that our health plan which Obamacare is modeled on is a failure.
IT DOESNOT WORK, as we were told it would.
Costs have not dropped.
Coverage is poor, with doctor's leaving the state in droves.

tieguy

Banned

brown can be for healthcare reform and against the bloated pork project your congress is trying to shove through.

Did he earn those items with the sweat of his own hard work.

Did anyone notice, he never mentioned Republicans during his acceptance speech...Yet, all my Fox and friends are gloating like Teenage girls watching San-jay on American Idol....

I mentioned it in my post. Guess I'm not one of your fox friends.:happy-very:

I'll give credit where credit is due though, he knows how to play the game and cater to the large finicky Independent constituents in Mass... Not to mention an incorrect sports analogy could cost a Mass Politican an election.....Says alot about Beantown and "Yawkee Way"....But what a loyal Sportstown!...."Cheers" Where everybody knows you name....

thanks Cliffy

Show me a senator that is poor. A six figure net worth is chump change to Kerry, Lautenberg, Feinstein, Rockefeller, Kohl, or Clinton.

diesel96

Show me a senator that is poor. A six figure net worth is chump change to Kerry, Lautenberg, Feinstein, Rockefeller, Kohl, or Clinton.

Stop right there 1989...the guy makes his pick-up truck to be the focal point of his election, to be likeable...Kind of like a Joe the plumber theme (who's not really a plumber), now we got Scott the pick-up guy "everyman"....does your side elect canidates by slogans and appearance... or by substance ?

wkmac

IMO they should be that way. They should have the right to have or not have everyone in their state covered by a state health plan. Don't get me wrong I fully understand that they have to rely on federal money to make this happen and this is wrong but I am not sure this is how they see it. They are correct in part at least that they should not have to pay for my health care they just stop a little short and I should not have to pay for theirs either.

AV,

I completely agree that if a State or even a local community wants some plan like this and fully pays for it within their own community and requires nothing from anyone outside the covered community, that's their business. This ideal fits pretty well within an Articles of Confederation or even Jeffersonian POV but the Hamiltonians seems to have won and are winning the day. Therein our delimma?
:happy-very:

I would oppose any of this on the grounds if force or aggression were used to demand compliance and participation by all living within a set geographic boundry but this is for another time and place to discuss. I also disagree with the in perpetuity of Rousseau's idea of the social contract but again for another time.
:wink2:

Stop right there 1989...the guy makes his pick-up truck to be the focal point of his election, to be likeable...Kind of like a Joe the plumber theme (who's not really a plumber), now we got Scott the pick-up guy "everyman"....does your side elect canidates by slogans and appearance... or by substance ?

And all democrats say they wan't to help the poor. Many with over 10 million in net worth. Queen Pelosi probably wouldn't be caught dead in a pick up like his. I ask you this, what has the big D (democrats) done for the poor in the last year? And didn't the mighty O get elected on a slogan and appearance? There sure wasn't any substance, and there still isn't.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis