Massachusetts vote for Scott Brown . Save our Health care

:sad-little:Our president's logic really sucks....He says the voters were not angry with him, but were angry for the past 8 years.....yeah, so that's why they put in a Republican?? Dimwit!!

I don't know which is the real lie now. The one you just quoted or the one that he told while at a Coakley rally. It went something like this: If you vote for the guy with the truck, you are voting for the same old policies that got us in this mess in the first place.

UPS Lifer

The Republicans are claiming a great victory for the conservative cause.

This was a victory from and for the independent voters. I like to refer to the independents as using a term from the past... "the silent majority"> However, "the silent majority" is no longer silent... to me it is now kind of a dichotomy. The sleeping giant is now awake and the Dems and Reps need to lean a different direction. This country is center right and all politicians need to wake up to that. I think Scott Brown recognizes this and hit a cord with the independent voters of Massachusetts.

brett636

I don't live in Mass, don't know much about either candidate, and politics tend to be local. But this seems like a fairly balanced assessment:

I disagree. The article seems to go down the alternate reality that Olberman and Maddow were trying to sell on election night and that is the American people want this healthcare bill and the are punishing the democrats for not passing it. Polls have shown that Americans overwhelmingly do not like this bill and are not happy with the democrats procedural moves to ram it down our throats. If the democrats want to retain any semblence of a majority this November they better kill this bill and start from scratch or big losses are in their future. The correlation made between the Bush tax cuts and this bill are silly at best because who does not like or want a tax cut? When people see legislation that is going to increase their taxes, unless they are an Obama constituent, and is going to force them to be a customer of a large health insurer with the threat of jailtime I'm surprised that 30% of this country can support it. It also appears that the house does not have the votes to pass the Senate healthcare bill, so they have to either drastically change it, or kill it. Killing it appears to be the best move the democrats can make at this point.

tieguy

Banned
Two weeks ago it seemed inconceivable that Democrat Martha Coakley could lose the special election in Masachusetts to Republican Scott Brown, but she managed to do it. Brown won 52% to 47%, with the Libertarian candidate getting the remaining 1%. Here are the polling results from pollster.com

Good link Jonesy. Missed this part originally. How did the libertarian candidate actually get a whole one percent of the vote. Wkmac this guy can't be a true libertarian?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Two weeks ago it seemed inconceivable that Democrat Martha Coakley could lose the special election in Masachusetts to Republican Scott Brown, but she managed to do it. Brown won 52% to 47%, with the Libertarian candidate getting the remaining 1%. Here are the polling results from pollster.com

Good link Jonesy. Missed this part originally. How did the libertarian candidate actually get a whole one percent of the vote. Wkmac this guy can't be a true libertarian?

His name is Joe Kennedy.
He was my pick for second place.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"I don't live in Mass, don't know much about either candidate, and politics tend to be local."

But not this time.
There were many out of state people sending $$$.
Including several from Canada who come down to help restore freedom ( their own words ) by helping out.
Hear from one guy in Conn. who drove all the way up here so that his relatives would have a ride to the polls.

wkmac

So Ted Kennedy won his old seat back Tuesday night? He's got staying power I'll give him that.
:happy-very:

I'm hearing repubs. throwing this guy around for a WH run in 2012' so can we look for a plan comparison between President Get Naked and President Change over whose gov't run healthcare system is better!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
wkmac, I surprised you fell for that lie the dems are floating around. Brown only removed his shirt for that photo shot, back in his college days. { and was voted most sexy man in that article }

If you want something "racy" check out his wife's 80's music video ."girl with the .... hand" I think was the name of the song.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
He is a likeable guy. That was the niche. Whats her name seemed so arrogant. Not likeable. Who wouldnt love a guy with a truck?

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
He is a likeable guy. That was the niche. Whats her name seemed so arrogant. Not likeable. Who wouldnt love a guy with a truck?

According to Olbermann you might a racist, tea bagger if you drive a truck. How can this guy still have a job, at least one of his own in Jon Stewart said something about it.