Massachusetts vote for Scott Brown . Save our Health care

diesel96

And all democrats say they wan't to help the poor. Many with over 10 million in net worth. Queen Pelosi probably wouldn't be caught dead in a pick up like his. I ask you this, what has the big D (democrats) done for the poor in the last year? And didn't the mighty O get elected on a slogan and appearance? There sure wasn't any substance, and there still isn't.

I realize Queen Pelosi is so threatning to you, and I'm not defending the mighty O election bid, just ironic how the Rep's are jumping on this guy's bandwagon as well, already talking about 2012 and injecting "rock star" status and accepting his pro choice stance.......my how things change when the shoe is on the other foot.

tieguy

Banned
Funny how double standards did not bother you when it involved reid making racist comments.

sounds like you're sucking on some sour grapes

I realize Queen Pelosi is so threatning to you, and I'm not defending the mighty O election bid, just ironic how the Rep's are jumping on this guy's bandwagon as well, already talking about 2012 and injecting "rock star" status and accepting his pro choice stance.......my how things change when the shoe is on the other foot.

I ask you this, what has the big D (democrats) done for the poor in the last year?

I think you missed this question.

wkmac

Two weeks ago it seemed inconceivable that Democrat Martha Coakley could lose the special election in Masachusetts to Republican Scott Brown, but she managed to do it. Brown won 52% to 47%, with the Libertarian candidate getting the remaining 1%. Here are the polling results from pollster.com

Good link Jonesy. Missed this part originally. How did the libertarian candidate actually get a whole one percent of the vote. Wkmac this guy can't be a true libertarian?

But even still, there's more good news to be found! Since more and more I've suggested voting "None of the above" like the 65% in Mass. did, I'd say "my candidate" did win if one were truly counting the majority. Even in the 2008' election, 36% choose "none of the above" so what would happen and what would the message be if with that 36% another 30% who went to the polls turned in a blank ballot or just voted on local candidates and issues? When you factor in the 36% no matter who you declare the winner, the larger majority still voted against so now where does this leave the illusion of democracy at?

:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
But even still, there's more good news to be found! Since more and more I've suggested voting "None of the above" like the 65% in Mass. did, I'd say "my candidate" did win if one were truly counting the majority. Even in the 2008' election, 36% choose "none of the above" so what would happen and what would the message be if with that 36% another 30% who went to the polls turned in a blank ballot or just voted on local candidates and issues? When you factor in the 36% no matter who you declare the winner, the larger majority still voted against so now where does this leave the illusion of democracy at?

good god man it took you long enough to respond.

stupid question I suppose but what if the people voting actually felt good about the candidates they voted for?

A politician with true libertarian leanings has to possess a monk like virtue to the cause to get the true libertarians vote. The rigid position would keep him from getting anyone elses vote. thats probably why you will never have a true libertarian elected to office.

wkmac

good god man it took you long enough to respond.

stupid question I suppose but what if the people voting actually felt good about the candidates they voted for?

A politician with true libertarian leanings has to possess a monk like virtue to the cause to get the true libertarians vote. The rigid position would keep him from getting anyone elses vote. thats probably why you will never have a true libertarian elected to office.

I've said this before and I'll say it again just for you. There should be no libertarian party at all. It's an ideal, a philosophy if you will, not a political construct. After serving as a State delegate in the mid 90's to the LP I realized this and thus walked away and as I've pointed out before I didn't even vote for the LP candidate in the most recent election. I think the LP party should be abolished in respects to taking part in the actual political process so go right ahead and have all the fun you want with the LP party!

As to how the actual people who voted feel about the candidate they choose? That's a bit meaningless IMO because the simple fact if you count all those that refused to go to the polls as not doing so because they found nothing to support, then 2/3rds of the voters in the Mass. Senate race rejected all those running no matter who or what they believe. This means that the State of Mass. is not represented by a true majority but in fact a true minority. Even Obama if you factor in the 35% not voting as choosing "none of the above", and then add in the vote to other candidates as a vote against Obama, which it is, then Obama is also in power by virtue of a pure minority. Why people didn't go to the polls is open for debate obviously but at the very least, none of the candidates running excited them enough to make the effort so thus one can say not voting is saying "none of the above!"

If all the folks who believed in what is called "States Rights" or the "10th Amendment" thingy just went to the polls and only voted for local and state politicians and at the least, their congressional representative while ignoring Senators and the President, thus in actions showing support for originalist or 10th amendment ideals, if enough people started doing this or turning in blank ballots, the Statist machine would being to stumble and shutter as it's ability to con the people into thinking this country is led by a true democracy would begin to expose itself! A people's bloodless revolution if you will.

wkmac

BTW Tie, I only responed because of Tom's article at C4SS and it wasn't even intended for your edification. There are others here who actually think and thus the article was intended for their consideration. You served nothing more than a hard head for me to bounce my ball off of!

Thanks and I just love that "POINK" sound every time I do. Just love that hollow ring!
:happy2:

diesel96

Funny how double standards did not bother you when it involved reid making racist comments.

sounds like you're sucking on some sour grapes

Reid's "negro" comments made 2 years ago revealed in a recent book were ironically deemed "racist" by the Republican Caucasian party for political purposes. Not by the black community. They couldn't care less about Reid's comment. Apparently I didn't realized you care so much for light skin and dark skin commiunity...

I ask you this, what has the big D (democrats) done for the poor in the last year?

I think you missed this question.

Why are you asking me? .....I'm not poor. But let me direct you to the Stimulus package loudmouth. There are plenty of assistance programs for the poor, elderly, blind, and disabled that are embedded in the package. Food stamp increase, unempyoment payment increase, expansions to Income and Child Tax Credits expected to keep millions of American families from falling into poverty.
The package also includes a few billion in emergency funds to provide temporary assistance to needy families. Cash-strapped states will get billions for medicaid. Pell grants and new green jobs training are also in the works coming up in phase II. Now whatever healthcare reform gets passed should help also, unfortunately Republicans will try to fillerbuster any piece of legislation possible so Gov't gets bogged down. In fact what has Republicans done besides become the the Party of No, the Obstructionist Party. The world record holder of fillerbusters in one year...101

tieguy

Banned
I've said this before and I'll say it again just for you. There should be no libertarian party at all. It's an ideal, a philosophy if you will, not a political construct..

perhaps . If however you want it to be more then a vision for one wise man then you may want to organize some like minded visionists.

hummmm we libertarians are so much smarter then you....hummm.....we are an ideal and not a party....hummm......Hey mac does your superiority maybe get you a 2 percent vote in the next election? ROFLMAO

tieguy

Banned
BTW Tie, I only responed because of Tom's article at C4SS and it wasn't even intended for your edification. There are others here who actually think and thus the article was intended for their consideration. You served nothing more than a hard head for me to bounce my ball off of!

Thanks and I just love that "POINK" sound every time I do. Just love that hollow ring!
:happy2:

Mac no need to apologize for responding to this cat on the fence. We all know you're still so much smarter then us....

I do thank you for your continued display of the arrogance that makes you great......:)

tieguy

Banned
Reid's "negro" comments made 2 years ago revealed in a recent book were ironically deemed "racist" by the Republican Caucasian party for political purposes. Not by the black community. They couldn't care less about Reid's comment. Apparently I didn't realized you care so much for light skin and dark skin commiunity...

AH Diesel the head of the RNC is a member of the black community. You're going to have a lot of liberal mistakes to defend in the future you may want to scrounge up a better defense then this....:)

wkmac

Mac no need to apologize for responding to this cat on the fence. We all know you're still so much smarter then us....

I do thank you for your continued display of the arrogance that makes you great......:)

Well I take back thinking you were a lot dumber than you appear!
:wink2:

And you're most welcome!

tieguy

Banned
gee I only had to bounce about 50 rocks off your head , back up over you about 100 times before you figured that out. Maybe you're not as dumb as I thought.

you still have one phone a friend left if you want to cry to diesel for some help from this whooping you're recieving.

wkmac

perhaps . If however you want it to be more then a vision for one wise man then you may want to organize some like minded visionists.

So I should follow what you guys do and form some type of collective? Sorry, individualists just don't operate that way. They do interact voluntarily when it serves both sides in equal value but hard, set, fast, singular in purpose collective efforts just don't work over time. There are many like minded "visionists" as you call them operating in their own sphere and own way and they do form a natural collective in purpose but the cojoining comes as a natural consequence rather than a forced action as a means to an end.

What you call as refusing to pick a side is in fact a part of individualist thought. Sometimes I agree with Jones, Diesel, Hoax, Jim and even you from time to time but it's only when what is expressed agrees with my ideals and my principles as they serve my own self interests or understanding. Doesn't mean you can't learn something new but it's criteria must meet my first principle of no force, no fraud, no aggression by any individual or group and yes this mean gov't too! This doesn't negate a right of self defense, I'm not a pacifist but I try my damnest not to defraud or commit force or aggression on another person especially for my own self interests or benefits and I don't pretend it's easy either. It's not.

I've picked a side, I've picked ME and in so doing I've discovered how much I do have in common with other people, even some I disagree but can still share a community once they discover they can pick themselves too. Once individuals learn to act and think as individuals and govern themselves with morals and ethical actions (no true free society can operate otherwise), then peace, prosperity, freedom and liberty will explode and prevail everywhere one looks and acts because in order for me to live my life outside of using force, fraud or aggression, so too do I learn to let the other individual live his/her life that way too and most people will see this and return in like kind.

We all win no matter what course we choose to get there and people are free to pick the best means and free to abandon those means when they no longer work and do something else. We should stop thinking as a programmed, single purpose automaton and that all of society should be that way and start thinking as a free human individuals with infinite possibilities!

:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
geez those rocks didnt work after all.

Its real simple . Your "vision" got one percent of the total vote. that means one of two things. Either you're smarter then everyone else or you're way way way out in left field somewhere.

the second point would be that if you really have the right answer then you better find a way to get your guy in power so he can change the world for the better. He won't get there getting one percent of the vote.

i hope you're smart enough to understand my stupid points.

wkmac

geez those rocks didnt work after all.

Its real simple . Your "vision" got one percent of the total vote. that means one of two things. Either you're smarter then everyone else or you're way way way out in left field somewhere.

the second point would be that if you really have the right answer then you better find a way to get your guy in power so he can change the world for the better. He won't get there getting one percent of the vote.

you're way way way out in left field somewhere.

When you truly understand the historical underpinning of that term, I can easily live with that! 200 to 300 years ago, there was lots of good company out in left field. It's where such ideas as property rights and laissez fair economics came into play! Free market was a leftist idea in it's day.

I have the right answer for me but it's up to you to find your right answer and our answers may not work for each other if we exchanged them thus the need for individual freedom and liberty to discover for ourselves what works. That's why trying to find a single answer to fit all, a single approach to governing all people, a single approach to central planning doesn't work as each effort is met with ultimate failure and the central state is always trying to go back and constantly fix the very problems it creates by trying to fix the problem it creates by trying to fix the problem..... Notice a cyclical pattern here?

The only way to make it work is to create a society of automatons who only know and understand a single driven purpose and thus all human actions are predictable. Individuals are not and have never been completely predictable.

Me smarter than everyone else? That's always been your claim Tie (although I've had my fun with it) and I have to wonder if it's more driven by fear of the fact that someone's actually thinking beyond some limited construct you believe we should all adhere too just so you feel safe and comfy!

Sorry Tie, living in someone else's designed cage is not my idea of a good life!

tieguy

Banned
For someone with such a superior intellect you sure came up with a lame defense. 200 or 300 hundred years ago those visionaries got more then 1 percent of the vote. Keep trying my arrogant friend a plausible defense may be found yet.

diesel96

AH Diesel the head of the RNC is a member of the black community. You're going to have a lot of liberal mistakes to defend in the future you may want to scrounge up a better defense then this....:)

Envoking RNC chairman Steele's name as a barometer of the black community is equivlant to watching and Al Jolson comedy schetch...

Last edited by a moderator: