Massive NE Snowstorm

over9five

Staff member
Snow changing to rain forecasted for tomorrow. That could get ugly with the amount of snow on some houses. Seems most houses have very little snow on one side, and several feet on the other. Depend which side the wind was blowing at.
My own house has the several feet on the back (South facing). Roof raked yesterday, but after hearing the rain forecast, I pulled down some more today.

texan

I heard or read that you area had two feet of snow.
nemo_zps763ef8ac.png

barnyard

KTM rider
We are getting inch an hour snow right now. 6 inches on the ground and another 6-12 inches forecast.

Tomorrow could suck more than usual.

AKCoverMan

Well here in The Last Frontier we are not dealing with the heavy snowfall.. although we set a new all time record in Anchorage last winter of a hundred and something inches so we've done our bit I think.

Today however we have high 30s and low 40s and rain. Streets are mostly slush and water on pavement. But accuweather says it's going to drop into the 20s tonight and 1 to 2 inches of new snow. So I expect ice rink conditions covered by a new small layer of snow. Good times, good times!

TxRoadDawg

Well here in The Last Frontier we are not dealing with the heavy snowfall.. although we set a new all time record in Anchorage last winter of a hundred and something inches so we've done our bit I think.

Today however we have high 30s and low 40s and rain. Streets are mostly slush and water on pavement. But accuweather says it's going to drop into the 20s tonight and 1 to 2 inches of new snow. So I expect ice rink conditions covered by a new small layer of snow. Good times, good times!
67 and sunny here in the south. Now long as the air got moved over the weekend I can relax tonight.

slaveofbigbrown

here in ct we got up to 40 inches .... 10:45 am sunday and my road is still not plowed .
Question is im in my 30 day seinority...can they hold it against me if i cant get to work on monday?

Ever think on walking ?
Use snow shoes , cross country skis ?
They remember those that show up , even if you're late .
It's because you made the effort .
Where ever I have worked , those that live the far away always seem to make it in , yet those who live close by never do.
really dude! This company dont give a crap about us! How u get rewarded for.making it in? 1/4 of the route next to you is happily yours now! Luckily I was on vaca for this one. I

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Second day with no power, so glad I bought a generator, not expecting power back to Thursday 90 % of the town has no power. Just in my town alone there is 95 utility poles down. It should be fun Delivering tomorrow, I wonder if the center even has power. I had to go get gas for the generator today at the one gas station open and it was crazy there was long lines and people were fighting it was nuts.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Took about 4 feet off my back side roof today,nothimg on front,,just that little bit of sun warmed it up and it was heavey as hell !!

texan

Second day with no power, so glad I bought a generator, not expecting power back to Thursday 90 % of the town has no power. Just in my town alone there is 95 utility poles down. It should be fun Delivering tomorrow, I wonder if the center even has power. I had to go get gas for the generator today at the one gas station open and it was crazy there was long lines and people were fighting it was nuts.
I'm sorry to hear that, from my heart.

Hope you do not think I was flippant in my post about two feet.

That is me, I make funny at times in the face of problems, to keep smiles going.

And in "Context". I have been in over 30 inches of snow, power out, no where to go.

OVERBOARD

I'm sorry to hear that, from my heart.

Hope you do not think I was flippant in my post about two feet.

That is me, I make funny at times in the face of problems, to keep smiles going.

No problem here, it would take a lot more than that to offend me.

OVERBOARD

I was a electrician apprentice before I work for UPS and everybody and their mothers have been calling me to hook up there generators, So far I hook up 5 for friends and relatives.

OVERBOARD

And the biggest reason I want the power to come back on is so can kick out my wifes relatives, I want my house back!

OVERBOARD

NSTAR crews are working around the clock to restore power to customers impacted by this weekend's devastating blizzard. Currently, we expect to have all customers restored by Thursday night, with community-by-community restoration times available tomorrow. NSTAR customers in southeastern Massachusetts and on Cape Cod have experienced the worst of this storm, with heavy wet snow, coupled with the fiercest winds, causing a large number of service interruptions. Inaccessible roads also continue to hamper restoration efforts.

.541469_10151419341919316_313666546_n.jpg579575_10151421725334316_1629806586_n.jpg282762_10151421725259316_1548802732_n.jpg

Oh Joy
541469_10151419341919316_313666546_n.jpg
579575_10151421725334316_1629806586_n.jpg
282762_10151421725259316_1548802732_n.jpg