Massive NE Snowstorm

rod

Retired 22 years
This topic got me thinking about the tv meteorologists & personalities. I wonder if all areas of the country, or world are similar this way.
In New England growing up, we had Dick Albert as THE meteoroligist. Not just a weather man, but a nice man, a funny man. He gave more than just the forecast. Always tried to teach you something. For lack of a better term, he was beloved.
We had Shelby Scott. If ever we had a bad storm, she was out in it. Always up to her :censored2: in a snow bank.ome
You New England guys of course remember Chet & Natilie. And we cant forget Al Kaprielian.
So my question is, is it the same in your area. Do you have tv personalities that you remember fondly. Someone you always watch? Some real characters???

We had Barry ZeVan the weatherman. The guy was a total nut case and made the weather fun to watch.

Barry ZeVan on Comedy Central - YouTube

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
And the biggest reason I want the power to come back on is so can kick out my wifes relatives, I want my house back!
I feel for you.
If any of my wifes relatives happened to move into my house I think I would construct an igloo in the back yard and move into it for the duration.

oldupsman

Second day with no power, so glad I bought a generator, not expecting power back to Thursday 90 % of the town has no power. Just in my town alone there is 95 utility poles down. It should be fun Delivering tomorrow, I wonder if the center even has power. I had to go get gas for the generator today at the one gas station open and it was crazy there was long lines and people were fighting it was nuts.
Same thing happened here after Sandy. No power for a week and long lines at the local gas station. I also have a generator with an
outside plug hookup. Got it after the Oct. snowstorm from the year before. Real lifesaver. Generac 5500. But it's underpowered. Thinking about
going with a 8000 Briggs and Stratton. You got any suggestions?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Same thing happened here after Sandy. No power for a week and long lines at the local gas station. I also have a generator with an
outside plug hookup. Got it after the Oct. snowstorm from the year before. Real lifesaver. Generac 5500. But it's underpowered. Thinking about
going with a 8000 Briggs and Stratton. You got any suggestions?
I always say go big, baby. :winks:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I can't believe they are out shoveling with those massive waves crashing in the back.
The guy with the already shoveled walk is making a snow dam to keep the salt water off his property.
I've done it several times in the past , it works .
More than just water is in those waves, some sand & many rocks , along with some other nasty things.