May 27, 2014 Retro Check

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
But you do have a contract. The master has passed. You don't if you work under one of the 4 supplements that remain outstanding. When you say Union, do you mean your Local or the IBT?
The master was not passed by the way it was imposed and it is ratified due to less then 50% turn out. PASSED ha that is funny better watch out some of these guys might not like that terminology being used to describe the last contract vote.

browndevil

The master was not passed by the way it was imposed and it is ratified due to less then 50% turn out. PASSED ha that is funny better watch out some of these guys might not like that terminology being used to describe the last contract vote.
Sorry Brother it was passed. No need to argue semantics. But since we are ALL the Union, if you don't like the language in the constitution, now is the time to start drafting new language. 2021 is two short years away

Rack em

Made the Podium
I definitely don't like the word passed. EVERY person at my center who talks about back pay/raises says something like "The contract passed, what's taking so long for our raise?" I have a hard time not responding like a dick.

BigBrown87

Sorry Brother it was passed. No need to argue semantics. But since we are ALL the Union, if you don't like the language in the constitution, now is the time to start drafting new language. 2021 is two short years away
Not arguing just correcting you, the master is not in effect until all supplements are passed by the way.

BigBrown87

The Master is not getting renegotiated because it passed. The outstanding supplements did not pass. The NorCal agreement did pass
Last time I saw the voter numbers a majority that did vote, voted NO and due to the constitutional langauge in the IBT allowed them to IMPOSE the contract NOT PASS.

BigBrown87

The Master is not getting renegotiated because it passed. The outstanding supplements did not pass. The NorCal agreement did pass
Also many other supplements such as central states where IMPOSED NOT PASSED. Not that hard to see or really just admit that the union had it not used the constitutional langauge would have had to go back and renegotiate the contracts because they did NOT PASS.