Maybe now is the right time to organize

floridays

Unless somewhere down the line FedEx is named as co-employer.
Once again I like the way you think, you look past what is.

A plaintiff is needed, the plaintiff needs deep pockets, I don't foresee any contractors under the current formula of ownership filing suit.

I think that horse left the barn when individual route contractors were forced out or to multiples and incorporation.
I may have a misunderstanding, not likely however.

MAKAVELI

You enjoy beating your meat.
Exactly what does that accomplish?
You feel better for a short time.
No change with Fedex ground.
@bbsam what is your action should your employees choose to organize?
The same thing if Express decided to fire me for organizing. There are these things called labor laws that protect one's right to organize a union.....

bbsam

Staff member
You enjoy beating your meat.
Exactly what does that accomplish?
You feel better for a short time.
No change with Fedex ground.
@bbsam what is your action should your employees choose to organize?
I head for the unemployment line or try to get on with another contractor because my contract will be gone within 30 days. Chances are that I’ll find employment within the company, my drivers...probably not.

bbsam

Staff member
The same thing if Express decided to fire me for organizing. There are these things called labor laws that protect one's right to organize a union.....
As soon as the first organized group was shown the door, how many more will line up to do the same.

floridays

Great. How does organizing against bbasm delivery affect Fedex ground.
Who will represent you?
Are your pockets deep?
By definition no, you work for bbsam delivery.
Do you get the picture?
I'll bet bbsam can fire any of his employees today, it's their duty to persuade a judge the firing was the result of organizing.
you're new to this game.
TTKU.

MAKAVELI

As soon as the first organized group was shown the door, how many more will line up to do the same.
That depends on how bad the first group wants it. If one gets fired for organizing they can take it to the labor board and file unfair labor practices against the employer. Most people just don't know their rights.

MAKAVELI

Great. How does organizing against bbasm delivery affect Fedex ground.
Who will represent you?
Are your pockets deep?
By definition no, you work for bbsam delivery.
Do you get the picture?
I'll bet bbsam can fire any of his employees today, it's their duty to persuade a judge the firing was the result of organizing.
you're new to this game.
TTKU.
That's where the union comes into play. If the Union's goal is to organize drivers of contractors eventually most of FedEx ground they'll take on that fight for the employee.

bbsam

Staff member
That depends on how bad the first group wants it. If one gets fired for organizing they can take it to the labor board and file unfair labor practices against the employer. Most people just don't know their rights.
No. You don’t get it. They don’t get fired for organizing. The company they work for ceases to exist. It’s not unfair labor practices for a defunct company not to have employees. And you can’t force other contractors to hire those drivers.

floridays

That's where the union comes into play. If the Union's goal is to organize drivers of contractors eventually most of FedEx ground they'll take on that fight for the employee.
I see, you can read the seams on a fastball.
Which union will expend any time better yet money to organize bbsam Delivery Corp. drivers.
None is the answer.

floridays

No. You don’t get it. They don’t get fired for organizing. The company they work for ceases to exist. It’s not unfair labor practices for a defunct company not to have employees. And you can’t force other contractors to hire those drivers.
Beyond that, you can fire them for bad hygiene or whatever you conjure up.

MAKAVELI

Be hard to terminate every contract in a terminal all at once if they were all organized at once.

bbsam

Staff member
Be hard to terminate every contract in a terminal all at once if they were all organized at once.
Good luck with that. There’s actually a lot of Ground drivers who are absolute Trump supporters and will vote against their own best interests every single time.