Maybe now is the right time to organize

dmac1

I have never used medical services of any kind without insurance and am currently insured. I got lucky one time because insurance I had with J.C.Penny was retroactive to 30 days before I got hired which covered my spending a night in a hospital. I'm all for figuring out something that's fair for everyone but not giving insurance to one group at the expense of everyone else. What you don't seem to realize about hospitals passing on the costs to taxpayers as what was happening before was less costly than the current system and we had better coverage to boot. But that's what's not really important is it? What's really important to today's Democrat is government having control over our lives. You won't rest until you're in complete control of others. Because you think Dems know what's best for everyone. Go look at Dem run cities and see the results of your policies.
Look at Dem states- the wealthiest are almost all Dem run, while the poorest states are repub run. If you say Dem policies lead to terrible conditions in cities, you can't ignore the huge wealth difference. Doing as you did is hypocritical, but you likely didn't know any better.

Before the ACA, I had individual coverage and it was crap and still costing $400 a month, and I had to pay all my own bill up to $7500 before they kicked in even a dime. That was basically incentive to never go to a doctor because even a simple check up cost me $400 out of pocket. Under the ACA, you can get annual checkups, lab tests, cancer screenings, flu shots, etc included at NO further cost out of pocket. The ACA is definitely better coverage than almost anyone had. Annual caps and 'coinsurance were causing massive numbers of bankruptcies. The fixed max out of pocket under the ACA has all but eliminated medical bankruptcies. You almost never hear about medical bankruptcies anymore, and even fewer hospitals and doctors offices are going broke because now, under the ACA, they get paid, at least until Trump made freeloading literally free without any tax penalty for beeing a freeloader. Personal responsibility is just a codeword for NO responsibility for republicans.Under the ACA, people with good health insurance paid lower taxes than those without. Trump stopped that.

I think people don't have a clue about what insurance covered before and after the ACA. Even employer plans were required to make huge improvements in covereage. After I retired, but before Medicare started, the ACA was literally a life saver. Premiums were capped at 10% of my income, and I spent almost nothing out of pocket to find pre-diabetes which runs in the family. Finding it early almost certainly saved taxpayers money. A few back problems were treated which allows me to walk, also increasing my health. Taxpayers will probably save more on painkillers over time than the procedure ever cost them. A huge part of the ACA was preventative care intended to make people healthier as they age, reducing costs for years and years as people move into Medicare, which is almost fully taxpayer funded. I know the ACA made me healthierduring the 3 years I was covered under it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
My guess is you've licked as many boots in your life as I have, zero.
These folks can't figure it out.
An opponent must be disabled quickly, brought to their knees, put in the place of not dictating or persuading, but in the position of acquiescence.
Express has that power, ground drivers do not. @dmac1 @MAKAVELI

The bold is directed toward both of you.
Express employees days are numbered with this type of power. This opportunity does not last forever with the power currently held.

Take it or leave it, not an opinion, it's fact.

You read it here first!

vantexan

Look at Dem states- the wealthiest are almost all Dem run, while the poorest states are repub run. If you say Dem policies lead to terrible conditions in cities, you can't ignore the huge wealth difference. Doing as you did is hypocritical, but you likely didn't know any better.

Before the ACA, I had individual coverage and it was crap and still costing $400 a month, and I had to pay all my own bill up to $7500 before they kicked in even a dime. That was basically incentive to never go to a doctor because even a simple check up cost me $400 out of pocket. Under the ACA, you can get annual checkups, lab tests, cancer screenings, flu shots, etc included at NO further cost out of pocket. The ACA is definitely better coverage than almost anyone had. Annual caps and 'coinsurance were causing massive numbers of bankruptcies. The fixed max out of pocket under the ACA has all but eliminated medical bankruptcies. You almost never hear about medical bankruptcies anymore, and even fewer hospitals and doctors offices are going broke because now, under the ACA, they get paid, at least until Trump made freeloading literally free without any tax penalty for beeing a freeloader. Personal responsibility is just a codeword for NO responsibility for republicans.Under the ACA, people with good health insurance paid lower taxes than those without. Trump stopped that.

I think people don't have a clue about what insurance covered before and after the ACA. Even employer plans were required to make huge improvements in covereage. After I retired, but before Medicare started, the ACA was literally a life saver. Premiums were capped at 10% of my income, and I spent almost nothing out of pocket to find pre-diabetes which runs in the family. Finding it early almost certainly saved taxpayers money. A few back problems were treated which allows me to walk, also increasing my health. Taxpayers will probably save more on painkillers over time than the procedure ever cost them. A huge part of the ACA was preventative care intended to make people healthier as they age, reducing costs for years and years as people move into Medicare, which is almost fully taxpayer funded. I know the ACA made me healthierduring the 3 years I was covered under it.
If everything is so great in Democrat run States then why are Black neighborhoods there so poor and dangerous? If everyone is so wealthy in Democrat, highly taxed States then why do they have so much debt? Why are they so fiscally irresponsible? Why are there so many homeless? Could go on and on. And the ACA? How many people does it cover? Most get their insurance through work. The problem is jacking up everyone else's rates to cover the previously uninsured. Doing as you did is hypocritical, but you likely didn't know any better.

bacha29

If everything is so great in Democrat run States then why are Black neighborhoods there so poor and dangerous? If everyone is so wealthy in Democrat, highly taxed States then why do they have so much debt? Why are they so fiscally irresponsible? Why are there so many homeless? Could go on and on. And the ACA? How many people does it cover? Most get their insurance through work. The problem is jacking up everyone else's rates to cover the previously uninsured. Doing as you did is hypocritical, but you likely didn't know any better.
[/QUOTE You are indeed today's modern Christian. " I am my brother's keeper.... just as long as it doesn't cause me any work or cost me any money".

Look, the ACA is not perfect. Talk of a national healthcare plan goes all the way back to Harry Truman .
Now you talk about people getting insurance through work. Now do you realize you get laid off as millions did this year there goes your insurance unless you pay it through COBRA? And when those laid off millions couldn't even begin to touch the premiums their employer was paying for them the ACA was their only option. Now are you aware of the fact that ACA enrollees still pay out of their own pockets a percentage of the premiums? Unless their income is so low that they qualify under the expanded Medicaid in those states that chose to participate and agree to pay 10% of the program's cost .

Now whether they have insurance or no insurance people are still going to the hospital IN AN EFFORT TO SAVE THEIR LIVES! And the ACA offers the opportunity for people to get insurance who would otherwise not have any at all and by doing so they are not walking out the door and stiffing the hospital as countless thousands were doing prior to the ACA.

Now Tex by your own admission you have the health conditions generally found in people your age. Now exactly what measures are you personally taking to make certain that your present medical expenses are being paid and what steps are taking currently taking to establish a means by which they'll be paid in the future?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Look at Dem states- the wealthiest are almost all Dem run, while the poorest states are repub run. If you say Dem policies lead to terrible conditions in cities, you can't ignore the huge wealth difference.

"We have more money, but our cities are crap." Who can resist?

bacha29

Tex you are a true modern day Christian..."I am my brother's keeper as long as it doesn't cause me any work or cost me any money".

Now by your own admission you have your own health conditions consistent with people in your age group. So tell us just exactly what measures are you currently taking to make certain that your current bills are being paid as well as the measures you're taking to ensure that they will continue to be paid in the future should a profound and completely unforeseeable change occurs either in your health or your own financial situation .

Look you talk about people getting insurance through their employer. That's great as long as (1) the employer is picking up the premiums and (2) they don't get laid off, whereby it's "hasta lavista baby" for their insurance which happened to millions to this year leaving them with the impossible task of paying the premiums through COBRA or go to the ACA exchanges whereby they will still have to pay a prorated percentage of the premiums unless they're income is so low that they get it at no cost through the expanded Medicaid program provided that their state government chooses to participate in the program and agrees to pay it's required 10% share of the program's cost.

The inescapable reality is that people whether they have insurance or not they will continue to go to the hospital in an effort to SAVE THEIR FREAKING LIVES!. At least under the ACA they had to buy some basic health insurance even if it did require heavy premium subsidization just to end the practice of them racking up tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills then just walk out the door and stiff the hospital who will in turn pass it down to the insurers who will pass it on down to subscribers. And needless to say your Dear Leader by executive order ended the requirement that people buy health insurance yet those who refused to by continue to seek healthcare, racking up bills they never pay

And later this year or early next year SCOTUS overturns the ACA and with the promised REPEAL in place we will be right back where we started from eagerly waiting for the promised "replaced with something better" which we have already been waiting for for the past 3 years.

vantexan

You may have not noticed but medical records are private for a reason. In other words none of your concern. As for being my brother's keeper let's look at the Good Samaritan. He found a man who had been set upon by thieves and beaten nearly to death. He did what he could for the man including taking him to where he could be cared for and giving them money for his care. He did not set up a toll booth on that road demanding all passers by to give money for the care of future victims. As I've pointed out before there were systems in place to see to immediate emergencies before the ACA. Our insurance was cheaper with better coverage. Now everyone's insurance is much more expensive with less coverage. And as I've already stated I'm for anything that's fair for everyone that people can afford. Figure that out and let all of us know.

bacha29

You may have not noticed but medical records are private for a reason. In other words none of your concern. As for being my brother's keeper let's look at the Good Samaritan. He found a man who had been set upon by thieves and beaten nearly to death. He did what he could for the man including taking him to where he could be cared for and giving them money for his care. He did not set up a toll booth on that road demanding all passers by to give money for the care of future victims. As I've pointed out before there were systems in place to see to immediate emergencies before the ACA. Our insurance was cheaper with better coverage. Now everyone's insurance is much more expensive with less coverage. And as I've already stated I'm for anything that's fair for everyone that people can afford. Figure that out and let all of us know.
Right it was called charity care paid for out of a fund set up and funded by the hospital and it's cost along with other uncompensated care passed back to subscribers responsible enough to be willing to sacrifice in order to have in place the insurance to cover such expenses.

Now what you're waaing about here is the public's and the public sectors exposure to the healthcare costs of others. Now given the many scores of employers that you've drifted along through indications are that there was a period and perhaps a pretty large period of time when you had no health insurance period. If that's the case then to what extent did you make the public exposed and potentially liable for your healthcare costs?

Furthermore I guarantee you that you'll be grinning like a possum when you are able to enroll in Medicare and perhaps even Medicaid if things are going badly enough for you and you happen to live in a state that chose to enroll in the program Therefore it comes down to the question of to what extent will your OWN future. healthcare needs and expenses make the public exposed and liable ? And furthermore what specific measures are you taking to personally minimize the public' exposure to those costs?

I can answer that question. You're not doing one bit more in regard to the matter then what anyone else is doing in regard to theirs. Furthermore nationwide 62% of all nursing home patients are on Medicaid because all of their own money has already been spent on their care. So how much money did they have? Social Security represents 90% of the total income in 1 out of 3 households receiving Social Security benefits.

So pal YOU could just easily end up in the same unfortunate predicament as the people you're condemning .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Listen I'm not going to sit here and say unions are always the way go and we have no issues but I couldn't imagine working at ups without having one. Even if only for the collective bargaining.
I talk with the fedex ground driver in my area maybe twice a week or so... nice guy. He tells me they are working 7 days a week out of their center... he gets a day off usually a Monday. He said they are on the 70 hrs per week rule and haven't been allowed to take their vacation time... instead are paid to work through them. Its been a revolving door of new drivers because the are demoralized and many quit with no end in sight.
Maybe its time to say enough is enough and fight together to be treated better.

It's an excellent time to organize, and Floridays is correct about Ground under the present model. I have much more to say, but this site has me gagged.

vantexan

Right it was called charity care paid for out of a fund set up and funded by the hospital and it's cost along with other uncompensated care passed back to subscribers responsible enough to be willing to sacrifice in order to have in place the insurance to cover such expenses.

Now what you're waaing about here is the public's and the public sectors exposure to the healthcare costs of others. Now given the many scores of employers that you've drifted along through indications are that there was a period and perhaps a pretty large period of time when you had no health insurance period. If that's the case then to what extent did you make the public exposed and potentially liable for your healthcare costs?

Furthermore I guarantee you that you'll be grinning like a possum when you are able to enroll in Medicare and perhaps even Medicaid if things are going badly enough for you and you happen to live in a state that chose to enroll in the program Therefore it comes down to the question of to what extent will your OWN future. healthcare needs and expenses make the public exposed and liable ? And furthermore what specific measures are you taking to personally minimize the public' exposure to those costs?

I can answer that question. You're not doing one bit more in regard to the matter then what anyone else is doing in regard to theirs. Furthermore nationwide 62% of all nursing home patients are on Medicaid because all of their own money has already been spent on their care. So how much money did they have? Social Security represents 90% of the total income in 1 out of 3 households receiving Social Security benefits.

So pal YOU could just easily end up in the same unfortunate predicament as the people you're condemning .
Who's condemning anyone? I know for myself I worked a long time for a pension that will allow me to live overseas. There I can pay as I go. Anything major I can come back to the States under Medicare, which I, like most, paid into a long time so that I can have it when I need it. As far as nursing homes go it will be far cheaper to pay for assistance in another country. It's not my fault the U.S. is too expensive. And here's a well known secret. We all die at some point. You might delay the inevitable, but you won't stop it.

bacha29

Who's condemning anyone? I know for myself I worked a long time for a pension that will allow me to live overseas. There I can pay as I go. Anything major I can come back to the States under Medicare, which I, like most, paid into a long time so that I can have it when I need it. As far as nursing homes go it will be far cheaper to pay for assistance in another country. It's not my fault the U.S. is too expensive. And here's a well known secret. We all die at some point. You might delay the inevitable, but you won't stop it.
" Who's condemning anyone"? Just go back to your previous comments. It's all about your belly aching about people you believe to be unjustly burdening the system . When it comes to Medicare and other similar old age social programs, I've heard it all before out of you so called "conservatives, "I paid into it, I paid into it" However the opportunity for you to pay into it and benefit from it later in life first required the passage of landmark social program legislation in the face of bitter Republican opposition. And I told you about what great champion of conservativism Bob Dole tried to do with Medicare.

You can stay over there in one of those third world nations if you want to but what you don't know is to what extent that nation's healthcare system will be able to do when it comes to the number, nature and complexity of the cases it finds itself confronted with a decade from now. And when the diseases of ageing fully impact themselves on you and your days are obviously numbered and you still have family back here in the states you'll want to be back here because you will instinctively want them to be with you at your end of days.. I guarantee it.

dmac1

If everything is so great in Democrat run States then why are Black neighborhoods there so poor and dangerous? If everyone is so wealthy in Democrat, highly taxed States then why do they have so much debt? Why are they so fiscally irresponsible? Why are there so many homeless? Could go on and on. And the ACA? How many people does it cover? Most get their insurance through work. The problem is jacking up everyone else's rates to cover the previously uninsured.

If blacks are so poor, why is Trump claiming they are better off than ever????? You can't have it both ways. And if you are specifically talking about homeless in California, it is because of the weather. Homeless from red states come to California to soak up the good will Californians have toward their fellow citizens. They can't remain homeless in the frozen flyover states, so have nowhere else to go. They can't go to Florida because Florida cops will harass them just for living. No one with a brain voluntarily lives in Texas, leaving California as THE one place homeless people can survive.
And ACA rates are higher not because the uninsured- rates are higher because of massively better coverage. No annual caps, no lifetime caps, no denial of coverage for pre=existing conditions cost money, but are hugely important. Insurance rates grew MORE SLOWLY after the ACA was instituted, and EVERYONE in the US with insurance has better coverage, not just the 20 million or so on the exchange plans. Have you even heard of the guranteed essential services ALL plans, even employer plans, are now required to offer?????????? If the ACA is eliminated, all those GUARANTEED benefits will disappear, and you will again face bankruptcy for getting pneumonia or skin cancer. It is clear from every post you make regarding health care that you have no clue what you are talking about. And the same goes for blacks in blue states. I grew up outside of Oakland Ca, and until recently, it was vastly improved from under Reagan rule. You might note that this crime has risen under Trump, but clearly you don't understand why. Only a foool would wonder why people who earn on average barely poverty level wages due to decades of discrimination and poor or no educational opportunities are 'irresponsible' with their money. How irresponsible can someone be when living on minimum wage jobs?????? Do you think blacks would suddenly be able to own mansions and invest in a 401k plan if every vlack person suddenly quit doing whatever you think they are doing that is so irresponsible????? You clearly have no clue about anything outside your tiny opaque bubble, and clearly have no desire to expand your knowledge. Only a fool would believe that every bit of every red state is safe to walk in.

dmac1

"We have more money, but our cities are crap." Who can resist?
And red states are so wonderful. Low income smile&holes are all over the mostly red south, with illiterate rednecks living in singlewides thinking they have it made. Now THAT is funny. Sad, true, and funny all at once.

dmac1

As I've pointed out before there were systems in place to see to immediate emergencies before the ACA. Our insurance was cheaper with better coverage. Now everyone's insurance is much more expensive with less coverage. And as I've already stated I'm for anything that's fair for everyone that people can afford. Figure that out and let all of us know.

The fake Christian speaks. Yet says nothing true. The ACA expanded coverage by limiting total out of pocket, requiring coverage of pre-existing conditions, stopping annual and lifetime limits on care, Even employer plans are required to offer all those, plus the ten essential benefits at no added out of pocket costs. You saying the coverage worse is not true- it is a lie, making you a liar. It is impossible that you had better coverage before. You don't even know what better coverage means. You seem to think the 20% co-insurance after your annual deductible is better somehow than a strict annual cap on total expense upfront. I bet you can't even explain 'co-insurance' and how it relates to your annual deductible, and how it changed under the ACA. I bet you can't state all the essentail services that you would have paid a copay of deductible for under prior plans that are at zero added out of pocket under the ACA. And even insurance under employer plans were required to make those changes. Under the ACA, people are encouraged to use preventative care rather than discouraged due to copays and deductibles on the basics. You clearly are uneducated on the matter because you believe anything your leaders tell you.

Most ignorant of all was your claim that people could get emergency care, which they still can. but you ignore that chronic care issues were not covered by hospitals in the ER. Under the ACA, low income people could get blood pressure medication for nothing out of pocket or diabetes medication instead of needing to go to the ER for a foot amputation or a heart attack.

You did NOT have B\better coverage at a lower price. That is a lie. You may have had lower premiums, but even that doesn't mean lower total annual out of pocket costs, and in an emergency needing surgery, and many days of hospital care, you are definitely better off under the ACA.

vantexan

The fake Christian speaks. Yet says nothing true. The ACA expanded coverage by limiting total out of pocket, requiring coverage of pre-existing conditions, stopping annual and lifetime limits on care, Even employer plans are required to offer all those, plus the ten essential benefits at no added out of pocket costs. You saying the coverage worse is not true- it is a lie, making you a liar. It is impossible that you had better coverage before. You don't even know what better coverage means. You seem to think the 20% co-insurance after your annual deductible is better somehow than a strict annual cap on total expense upfront. I bet you can't even explain 'co-insurance' and how it relates to your annual deductible, and how it changed under the ACA. I bet you can't state all the essentail services that you would have paid a copay of deductible for under prior plans that are at zero added out of pocket under the ACA. And even insurance under employer plans were required to make those changes. Under the ACA, people are encouraged to use preventative care rather than discouraged due to copays and deductibles on the basics. You clearly are uneducated on the matter because you believe anything your leaders tell you.

Most ignorant of all was your claim that people could get emergency care, which they still can. but you ignore that chronic care issues were not covered by hospitals in the ER. Under the ACA, low income people could get blood pressure medication for nothing out of pocket or diabetes medication instead of needing to go to the ER for a foot amputation or a heart attack.

You did NOT have B\better coverage at a lower price. That is a lie. You may have had lower premiums, but even that doesn't mean lower total annual out of pocket costs, and in an emergency needing surgery, and many days of hospital care, you are definitely better off under the ACA.
You are fast and loose with the liar word. Under the ACA those who obtain insurance through it do better. Those who get their insurance from their workplace did not, are not, unless they are fortunate to work for a company like UPS that already had excellent coverage for low rates, if any.

vantexan

If blacks are so poor, why is Trump claiming they are better off than ever????? You can't have it both ways. And if you are specifically talking about homeless in California, it is because of the weather. Homeless from red states come to California to soak up the good will Californians have toward their fellow citizens. They can't remain homeless in the frozen flyover states, so have nowhere else to go. They can't go to Florida because Florida cops will harass them just for living. No one with a brain voluntarily lives in Texas, leaving California as THE one place homeless people can survive.
And ACA rates are higher not because the uninsured- rates are higher because of massively better coverage. No annual caps, no lifetime caps, no denial of coverage for pre=existing conditions cost money, but are hugely important. Insurance rates grew MORE SLOWLY after the ACA was instituted, and EVERYONE in the US with insurance has better coverage, not just the 20 million or so on the exchange plans. Have you even heard of the guranteed essential services ALL plans, even employer plans, are now required to offer?????????? If the ACA is eliminated, all those GUARANTEED benefits will disappear, and you will again face bankruptcy for getting pneumonia or skin cancer. It is clear from every post you make regarding health care that you have no clue what you are talking about. And the same goes for blacks in blue states. I grew up outside of Oakland Ca, and until recently, it was vastly improved from under Reagan rule. You might note that this crime has risen under Trump, but clearly you don't understand why. Only a foool would wonder why people who earn on average barely poverty level wages due to decades of discrimination and poor or no educational opportunities are 'irresponsible' with their money. How irresponsible can someone be when living on minimum wage jobs?????? Do you think blacks would suddenly be able to own mansions and invest in a 401k plan if every vlack person suddenly quit doing whatever you think they are doing that is so irresponsible????? You clearly have no clue about anything outside your tiny opaque bubble, and clearly have no desire to expand your knowledge. Only a fool would believe that every bit of every red state is safe to walk in.
Wow, way to spin. Of course if you're homeless you go where the weather is mild, except for New York. And I'm talking about state irresponsibility, not individual. Your little paradises are up to their ears in debt, and Pelosi was trying to get them bailed out, using virus relief as a pretext. California and Illinois are in deep trouble with their pension obligations, among other things. And crazy to live in Texas? An awful lot of Californians and other blue staters are moving there. Jobs and reasonable real estate prices chief among the reasons. At its rate of growth Texas will eventually be the largest state, and probably blue. Those blue staters can't help themselves. One thing someone like you can't grasp is not everyone in red states is a conservative. Texas is close to being a blue state now. And blacks being poor in inner cities has everything to do with 50+ years of Democrat rule, not 4 years of Trump. But under Trump blacks have seen financial gains like never before. So much so he should get the highest percentage of the black vote Republicans have seen for a long time. Democrats need 90%+. Good luck with that.

dmac1

You are fast and loose with the liar word. Under the ACA those who obtain insurance through it do better. Those who get their insurance from their workplace did not, are not, unless they are fortunate to work for a company like UPS that already had excellent coverage for low rates, if any.
I actually listed the ways your coverage was improved, and it went right over your head. YOU have better coverage under any plan since the ACA was enacted. Talk about willfully ignorant- you appear to be willfully blind and probably subconsciously blanked out all the ways I listed that were improvements that were required for ALL plans- employer or individual. You likely blocked it out because your brain can't carry both the truth and what you believe to be true at the same time. The truth shatters your entire world view so that when faced with something contradicting your world view, you gloss over it with your eyes glazed over and a fog in your brain. My post and your reply makes is abundantly clear that you are suffering from that condition. Unfortunately, I don't think even the ACA can make you stop believing the lies you need to cling to to make the world make sense to you.

vantexan

" Who's condemning anyone"? Just go back to your previous comments. It's all about your belly aching about people you believe to be unjustly burdening the system . When it comes to Medicare and other similar old age social programs, I've heard it all before out of you so called "conservatives, "I paid into it, I paid into it" However the opportunity for you to pay into it and benefit from it later in life first required the passage of landmark social program legislation in the face of bitter Republican opposition. And I told you about what great champion of conservativism Bob Dole tried to do with Medicare.

You can stay over there in one of those third world nations if you want to but what you don't know is to what extent that nation's healthcare system will be able to do when it comes to the number, nature and complexity of the cases it finds itself confronted with a decade from now. And when the diseases of ageing fully impact themselves on you and your days are obviously numbered and you still have family back here in the states you'll want to be back here because you will instinctively want them to be with you at your end of days.. I guarantee it.
If you actually knew what you're talking about concerning living overseas you'd be scary. But you don't. And I've never criticized Medicare. Unlike you I won't be unduly burdening the system because I will be paying out of pocket overseas. But if something serious needs to be addressed I will fly to the States. I paid into the system like everyone else so have just as much right as anyone to use it. Medicare is and has been the law of the land for many decades. Doesn't matter that Republicans voted against it way back when, it's entrenched now and available to everyone above a certain age. And no matter how much, or how little, I use it I'm still going to die eventually. So will you. We are much closer to our death than our birth, might as well get used to the idea. No one gets out alive, no one has youthful vigor forever. No amount of medical care will change that.

vantexan

I actually listed the ways your coverage was improved, and it went right over your head. YOU have better coverage under any plan since the ACA was enacted. Talk about willfully ignorant- you appear to be willfully blind and probably subconsciously blanked out all the ways I listed that were improvements that were required for ALL plans- employer or individual. You likely blocked it out because your brain can't carry both the truth and what you believe to be true at the same time. The truth shatters your entire world view so that when faced with something contradicting your world view, you gloss over it with your eyes glazed over and a fog in your brain. My post and your reply makes is abundantly clear that you are suffering from that condition. Unfortunately, I don't think even the ACA can make you stop believing the lies you need to cling to to make the world make sense to you.
Doesn't matter if some things have improved, the ACA has made health insurance costs a real burden for much of the population, and they will still be close to bankruptcy if anything catastrophic happens. That wasn't the case for most who got their insurance through work before the ACA was passed.

dmac1

Wow, way to spin. Of course if you're homeless you go where the weather is mild, except for New York. And I'm talking about state irresponsibility, not individual. Your little paradises are up to their ears in debt, and Pelosi was trying to get them bailed out, using virus relief as a pretext. California and Illinois are in deep trouble with their pension obligations, among other things. And crazy to live in Texas? An awful lot of Californians and other blue staters are moving there. Jobs and reasonable real estate prices chief among the reasons. At its rate of growth Texas will eventually be the largest state, and probably blue. Those blue staters can't help themselves. One thing someone like you can't grasp is not everyone in red states is a conservative. Texas is close to being a blue state now. And blacks being poor in inner cities has everything to do with 50+ years of Democrat rule, not 4 years of Trump. But under Trump blacks have seen financial gains like never before. So much so he should get the highest percentage of the black vote Republicans have seen for a long time. Democrats need 90%+. Good luck with that.
California has been running a SURPLUS under democrat leadership after REPUBLICANS ran it into the ground. At least get your easily checkable claims verified before making nonsensical claims. This year, with covid, MOST states are running deficits. The democrat governor of California is trying to shore up the pension plans using the surplus, and is improving the situation. You may be ignorant of this fact, along with all the other ignorance you possess, but California was run bt REPUBLICANS from 1999-2011 and it took a few years to turn the state around. The only people leaving California are the losers who couldn't make it here.. Real estate prices are high because so many people WANT to live here. Have you EVER heard of supply and demand???? No one wants to live in flyover country, so prices are low. That does not make it a good thing. I could get you some deep swamp land, mosquito infested and all, reall cheap in a lot of red states. Does that make it desirable to the red crowd?????? Maybe just different tastes. Some people enjoy the smell of rotting wetlands and cowmanure I am sure in their red states, and that's fine if that is what they want. Not for everyone, And since 1968, we have had REPUBLICAN presidents 32 out of 52 years, while republicans claim that those same years when they were in charge most of the time is when the country has declined. Does it blow your mind that the economy grew faster all those years under democrat rule, or do you refuse to believe in that fact????????