Meadow Feeder driver dies

ManInBrown

Anyone in Meadow know the story here. Can’t seem to find anything posted. Heard about it the other day. Has a go fund me page been set up? Apparently he hit a disabled vehicle and was killed instantly. Heading up the NY Thruway

Happened not far from our center hearing two different stories, news said he hit a tractor trailer that was broke down on side of road. Our center manager is saying the truck in front of him had some sort of auto stop and they locked up in front of him. Pretty sure the other guy was broke down and he hit them

P

pickup

Heres the video of the two trucks after the accident.(link at the bottom) You can see the UPS tractor hidden from view because apparently it is in the rear of the other truck. The force from the stop was apparently enough to force the back door off the rollers.

James was such a good guy and always a pleasure to talk to .And when I say good guy, I really mean it. The only time I saw him have a temper was when an on road supervisor was giving him grief about installing a radio in the tractor. The sup became aware of it months after the fact.

Someone was asking if there was a gofund me set up. As far as I know, he was not married and had no kids(I could be wrong) . His parents died within in the last decade so there won't be any grieving parent over his casket(if thats any solace). I don't know all the details because I am not at work for this week(for reasons we won't get into )

Truck driver dead following Thruway crash in German Flatts

ManInBrown

Heres the video of the two trucks after the accident.(link at the bottom) You can see the UPS tractor hidden from view because apparently it is in the rear of the other truck. The force from the stop was apparently enough to force the back door off the rollers.

James was such a good guy and always a pleasure to talk to .And when I say good guy, I really mean it. The only time I saw him have a temper was when an on road supervisor was giving him grief about installing a radio in the tractor. The sup became aware of it months after the fact.

Someone was asking if there was a gofund me set up. As far as I know, he was not married and had no kids(I could be wrong) . His parents died within in the last decade so there won't be any grieving parent over his casket(if thats any solace). I don't know all the details because I am not at work for this week(for reasons we won't get into )

Truck driver dead following Thruway crash in German Flatts
Thank you for the info. Sorry for the loss of your co worker. RIP to James

rod

Retired 22 years
So the broke down semi was parked right in the traffic lane? Can something happen to a tractor that fast that you are unable to at least pull over to the side? That don't sound right. RIP Mr. Feeder Driver

P

pickup

Sleeper team tractors are white. Could be he was working by himself doing extra work.

I don’t think he was working in a white sleeper because he wasn’t a sleeper driver. The trailer he hit was white and his brown tractor is smashed against and pushed into the back of it. Look at the video again and freeze frame. You can see a bit of brown especially the the fairing part.

I honestly questioned why I was seeing white when I am 99 percent certain he drove brown and then I looked close. Tell me if you are seeing what I am seeing .

Why was the tractor white

Last edited by a moderator:

Indecisi0n

So the broke down semi was parked right in the traffic lane? Can something happen to a tractor that fast that you are unable to at least pull over to the side? That don't sound right. RIP Mr. Feeder Driver
Yes . If something malfunctioned and you can't get air to the brakes or the tractor died, your SOL . At that point my priority would be to get out of the tractor ASAP and set up triangles in order to alert drivers approaching.

Indecisi0n

I don’t think he was working in a white sleeper because he wasn’t a sleeper driver. The trailer he hit was white and his brown tractor is smashed against pushed into the back of it. Look at the video again and freeze frame. You can see a bit of brown especially the the fairing part.

I honestly questioned why I was seeing white when I am 99 percent certain he drove brown and then I looked close. Tell me if you are seeing what I am seeing .
It wasn't a sleeper guy .

Indecisi0n

I know and I just called someone to confirm what I knew . I made sure it wasn’t a rental although I think we don’t have any in the fleet anyway.

It was a brown tractor.
Def brown tractor. I saw the after pics (not from news). The wrecked tractor crushed like a can. I won't post them.

ManInBrown

We don’t have Syracuse jobs out of my building but I would assume it’s a lot like the Albany run. Very dark, lots of hills and valleys. Did he have a medical emergency possibly? How could he not see the disabled tractor trailer at 7am? Maybe it was around a curve? Just terrible.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We don’t have Syracuse jobs out of my building but I would assume it’s a lot like the Albany run. Very dark, lots of hills and valleys. Did he have a medical emergency possibly? How could he not see the disabled tractor trailer at 7am? Maybe it was around a curve? Just terrible.
Absolutely.... very sad