Meadow Feeder driver dies

Johney

That’s a great point. I wonder what would have happened. I was driving one of the older single screw KW’s from Hartford to Stratford and there’s a spot on 91 where it’s downhill and then immediately back uphill. No straightaway. Down the hill, and right back up at the bottom. I guess the uphill part is so sudden that the collision system thought I was about to hit something, the tractor violently slowed down to the point of my whole body jerking forward. Maybe it was the speed I was going but I made that run more than once, and that’s the only time it ever happened.
I believe that it only does that in cruise control.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are you sure? I’m pretty sure it was raining that night and I never use cruise control in rain. And I was also bobtailing. Never use cruise control when bobtailing.
It’s amazing how many guys I know will use cruise control or the engine brake in really bad weather.... stupid stupid

Johney

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure it was raining that night and I never use cruise control in rain. And I was also bobtailing. Never use cruise control when bobtailing.
The KW I have driven only does the self stop thing in cruise. The alarm goes of regardless cruise or not.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
.....break it....
Good luck, those things are bullet proof. I had a 269 for the last few years on a local run and I liked it, ride is a little rough but they turn on a dime, drive straight down the road and are a lot easier to sleep in (very important).