Mechanic requirements?

Maplewood

In the West #1 requirement, besides incompetence, is a willingness to commit most of your pension contributions to those that are already retired since their fund will run out money otherwise. I thinks its UAW out here. Mechanics have to have a CDL and be a mechanic and buy all their own tools yet they make less than any truck driver. All our competent mechanics drive freight now.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We can’t write “ I have other write ups that are road call or fed items that have to take priority” or “ I have a red tag that I will never hear the end about it it does not make service, will try to get to your problem tomorrow” Sometimes parts on order is a non confrontational way to put off something that can be put off. Other times it really is not in stock.

when I come in first thing I look at is my writeups and sort them in order of importance. Unfortunately a lot of times the non safety/road call items get forgotten.
When they wander into the shop while I'M there, my first question is why was it not written up last night? There's 4 guys there who are supposed to handle that. I have my own concerns to handle.