Mechanic talk

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Does anybody here know the cure for the "retarder" fault with the Wabco ABS on Workhorse?

I would replace the complete ABS unit (hydraulic and electronic module). I think I've had that before. The district manager has to put in a special parts requisition to get parts otherwise they switch the order over to the ABS pump motor automatically.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Already tried that and the computer. Somehow the computer says it detects a load on the pin for the nonexistent retarder and
"learns" it, so from then on it expects it to be there and throw the light. I think actually a reflash of the computer is in order. ABS still works, of course.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I get notices on the Allison TCU all the time about the filter, but it's just the "prognostics" function an I just reset it with the SBDT.

Gear

Parts on Order
We never got our Meritor Wabco software back after our laptop was updated. We got all those ABS green codes, I refuse to use telematics codes for troubleshooting. Give me the proper software for diagnostics or friend!$k off.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
I can't stand it when TSG takes our computer for "updates". It takes another 6 months to get it to work again. I feel like telling them it's lost or can't find it when they come looking for it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I can't stand it when TSG takes our computer for "updates". It takes another 6 months to get it to work again. I feel like telling them it's lost or can't find it when they come looking for it.
It took a year and a half to even get one at my new center. Another 9 months after that and it is finally fully functional.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We never got our Meritor Wabco software back after our laptop was updated. We got all those ABS green codes, I refuse to use telematics codes for troubleshooting. Give me the proper software for diagnostics or friend!$k off.
Telematics these days tells me something accurate and useful maybe 50% of the time.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
Already tried that and the computer. Somehow the computer says it detects a load on the pin for the nonexistent retarder and
"learns" it, so from then on it expects it to be there and throw the light. I think actually a reflash of the computer is in order. ABS still works, of course.
Try this. Works some of the time.

Attachments

• Wk scan 001.jpg
    Wk scan 001.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 225

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
I get notices on the Allison TCU all the time about the filter, but it's just the "prognostics" function an I just reset it with the SBDT.
You probably know this, but you can reset both the filter and fluid alerts without the SBDT. There is a sequence with the shifter that clears it. It's in the troubleshooting guide and the owners manual I believe.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
You probably know this, but you can reset both the filter and fluid alerts without the SBDT. There is a sequence with the shifter that clears it. It's in the troubleshooting guide and the owners manual I believe.

I like carrying the laptop over to the package cars, makes it look high tech!

wayfair

swollen member
Do you work with the CNG 144xxx series?

Issue with mine is that when accelerating and approaching 30 mphs, the pc acts like it's not getting enough fuel, and loses power until it shifts to the next gear.

my mechanic tells me he can't "replicate the problem"

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Do you work with the CNG 144xxx series?

Issue with mine is that when accelerating and approaching 30 mphs, the pc acts like it's not getting enough fuel, and loses power until it shifts to the next gear.

my mechanic tells me he can't "replicate the problem"
Sorry, I do not. Perhaps it needs a new filter for the fuel. They do exist.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Strange there doesn't seem to be an SIRD for a lot of cars when it comes to fuel filters. I've acquired some from other centers that hadn't gotten one in nearly 6 years. Wouldn't go over 50 mph unloaded.