Mechanic talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Beware you need to move the brake switch to the other side of the pedal when you install the updated accelerator pedal on a 904 powered Freightliner. If you don't, the switch will get destroyed when the brake pedal goes deep like when you are replacing the hydroboost. There is no clearance between the brake switch and the new accel pedal mounting bracket.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
I can't stand it when TSG takes our computer for "updates". It takes another 6 months to get it to work again. I feel like telling them it's lost or can't find it when they come looking for it.
I think it's some form of punishment... They pull names out of the hat, and go friend-up their stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1BROWNWRENCH, you would have proud of our mechanic this morning. He has been forced to pull double duty for the past several months as our other mechanic was fired/allowed to resign for falsifying records (pencil whipping repairs). I heard some noise when I applied the brakes and thought for sure that it was the front brakes. DJ checked those and said that there was nothing wrong with those. On a hunch he decided to check the rear and sure enough the right rear pad was down to nothing and the brakes were metal on metal. Keep in mind that this was at 9:15 and we start at 9:30. He told me to bring the PC in to the shop and that he would install a new set of brake pads. The preload was just about wrapped and I loaded what was left in to the car while he worked. He had me on road at 9:35 am, which I thought was pretty amazing. The alternative would have been to swap pkg cars, which would have sucked.

I need to find out what kind of beer he drinks. :)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Is anybody else having a huge amount of trouble with passwords and lack of access into UPSERS and the parts system because of the new "upgrade"?

Gear

Parts on Order
Is anybody else having a huge amount of trouble with passwords and lack of access into UPSERS and the parts system because of the new "upgrade"?

Im annoyed with all the passwords. Ive been lucky this week, Ive only been accessing my time card. Just been putting everything else off.