Media Bias

Catatonic

Nine Lives
you're trying to make this up. there was no confrontation by Zimmerman. he followed from a distance and called in a suspicious person report to the police. actual court testimony states that martin was irritated that he was being followed by Zimmerman. Martin then turned around and confronted Zimmerman and started beating the hell out of him. this is not a fight or flight issue its a young kid getting irritated and making a bad decision issue. the courts got it right .
I agree they got the legal issues correct.
It was a bungled case by the prosecution too ... got greedy!

vantexan

Some people don't wait until someone is on top of them to fight back.
Bottom line, it's dark, lightly raining, you're on top of someone on the sidewalk, have their head in your hands, slamming it repeatedly into the concrete, they're crying out, you don't stop, suddenly you feel a terrible sensation as a shot rings out. Is that really that surprising?

MAKAVELI

Bottom line, it's dark, lightly raining, you're on top of someone on the sidewalk, have their head in your hands, slamming it repeatedly into the concrete, they're crying out, you don't stop, suddenly you feel a terrible sensation as a shot rings out. Is that really that surprising?
This is a 17 year old kid we're talking about. Would it surprising to you at 17?

newfie

Some people don't wait until someone is on top of them to fight back.

some people go to jail then. the police and the courts ruled that martin was the aggressor. you have to be attacked to fight back as you state it.

the other part of this argument that you're ignoring when you blame the florida courts is the fact the justice department headed by a black AG did not prosecute Zimmerman nor pursue a civil rights case.

newfie

This is a 17 year old kid we're talking about. Would it surprising to you at 17?

at the time of this trial there was kid two years younger standing trial for murder in florida. i'm not going to let someone beat the hell out of me just because they're 17

MAKAVELI

some people go to jail then. the police and the courts ruled that martin was the aggressor. you have to be attacked to fight back as you state it.

the other part of this argument that you're ignoring when you blame the florida courts is the fact the justice department headed by a black AG did not prosecute Zimmerman nor pursue a civil rights case.
So you are acknowledging there was a civil rights case against Zimmerman?

vantexan

17 year olds commit murder all the time. Martin got killed because he physically attacked Zimmerman. If it had just been a punch that's one thing, but Zimmerman had no way to know how far Martin was going to take his attack and it was close to him possibly being killed before he shot Martin.

newfie

Thank you. He got out of his vehicle and continued to follow the kid. That constitutes a threat in my book. If Zimmerman didn't have a gun, he doesn't get out the car.

so if I get out of a car and follow you from a distance you have a right to turn around and attack me physically?
horse:censored2:.

MAKAVELI

at the time of this trial there was kid two years younger standing trial for murder in florida. i'm not going to let someone beat the hell out of me just because they're 17
There's a hell of a lot more adults on trial and convicted for murder.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Like I said, a kangaroo court.
I guess you are saying a poor prosecution makes the entire court kangaroos?

Definition of kangaroo court

1. 1: a mock court in which the principles of law and justice are disregarded or perverted
  2. 2: a court characterized by irresponsible, unauthorized, or irregular status or procedures

MAKAVELI

I guess you are saying a poor prosecution makes the entire court kangaroos?

Definition of kangaroo court

1. 1: a mock court in which the principles of law and justice are disregarded or perverted
  2. 2: a court characterized by irresponsible, unauthorized, or irregular status or procedures
Exactly what Florida's justice system is.