Meeting with boss

reginald95

If you are already past probation tell them to go pound sand. You are working as safe as possible using the methods. Any further production talks can be considered harassment. That :censored2: would not fly in my center with the union guys we have here.

sikidiki

Tell the knowitall blowhard bag to brown up and drive it for you. She prob doesnt even know how to start the truck using the fob.

this made me laugh thank you

Yeah dude we ASSume that becuz you dont even know how to manually punch in a vehicle number.tread Dont listen to upstate bud-.hes a bag of wind scab.[/QUOTE said:
this also made me laugh thank you

At night the sundial doesnt work bud. FYI...... Using the phone is actually a distracted driving issue.[/QUOTE said:
also im using a garmin screen, stationary literally the same as if im looking at my speedometer, i can glance over

F

Frankie's Friend

also im using a garmin screen, stationary literally the same as if im looking at my speedometer, i can glance over
Tell the woman thst since her supes arent qualified to train you all maybe she could retrain you, leading by example if course.

Or try this:
"Im doing my best maam." She'll be gone by 2 pm.

Dr.Brownz

Even with chains, there are roads you shouldn't even attempt to go on, this is a fairly low stop count route 80-120 and every stop is far and in between, lots of treacherous roads and driving conditions, especially with the frost melting and making mud/slush and with the snow last night its just bad.

Look, ignore all these guys telling you to work harder and other BS. Take your full lunch, all your paid breaks right at the time the contract says, and just focus on making service on the commercial stops and doing any pickups right at the time the board says too. Work as slowly as you need to make it through safely. If you keep getting it done UPS will assume there is no problem. Make your problems their problems. Years ago in my center they would threaten drivers who were going to run out of hours with "we'll come pick you up, just work 14 and we'll meet you" but after a few weeks of that everyday management realized they didn't like not being home till 1am everynight and things changed. You gotta work a few :censored2: days but in the long run, it will get better. There are some veteran drivers who still haven't figured this out where I work and I am sad for them.

Dr.Brownz

Seriously GPS every address?! She's right you didn't deserve to make book.

Blind on a rural route, what do you expect? How is some random guy supposed to know the name of some obscure driveway 20 miles up a canyon road? Even more difficult if you have never even been to the area you are delivering.

Dr.Brownz

People at ups seriously have map envy over my collection

aed.jpg

Your right the slow one. Learn to follow the methods or you'll be telling your story to a panel. Hint they'll be much less forgiving than anyone on here.

Dude you are going to get ED with all that rage

HereWeGoAgain

I always love the GPS debate at UPS. At my center there's an age divide between GPS-users and map-users. The old, angry washed up Teamsters with blown knees only use maps while the entitled, pansy millennials (including our ORSs) like to use GPS.

Suggestion, use a GPS for places you might not know then slowly wean yourself off of it. I swear our ORSs wouldn't know where anything was if it weren't for those tablets they carry around all the time.
GPS for every address and pulling up a neighborhood on google maps is a whole different story. Ive been a driver for 12 years now, maps are slow * going to back * find page just sucks.. But if you mix old style maps with technology its a game changer. You cant depend on a gps to give you turn by turn directions that's just stupidity and a waste of time.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
GPS for every address and pulling up a neighborhood on google maps is a whole different story. Ive been a driver for 12 years now, maps are slow * going to back * find page just sucks.. But if you mix old style maps with technology its a game changer. You cant depend on a gps to give you turn by turn directions that's just stupidity and a waste of time.

I've always been under the impression that within 5 or so years, IE will give us some technology that spoon-feeds the route with turn by turn directions.

HereWeGoAgain

I've always been under the impression that within 5 or so years, IE will give us some technology that spoon-feeds the route with turn by turn directions.
Yeah, by following Orion, which is a joke in its self. Run it your 2 hours over (which doesn't bother me). Constant backs that they want you to do until your in an accident or they (TRY) an use it against you to give you a warning letter for (safety). Don't run Orion you keep yourself away from high traffic areas ( Like school or Business letting out, reduce backs and your day is WAY SAFER, hey AND you perform since your miles are up... So what is it UPS ? safety first?!? Or reduce your miles and hit a stupid metric on a report. The union needs to put a serious stop to this crap, I know my center is not the only center having these issues.

DSM515

I think maybe i said it wrong, I came in AT 12 hours so i didn't go over 12 hours. They told me not to go over 12, so everything that was left was sheeted as emergency conditions, which was also what i was told to do. Also Maps will not help you out there when you have never been out there, 90% of the stops are on unpaved dirt/mud/snow roads it takes me 5 seconds to punch in an address into my satellite gps instead of staring at a map and plotting where i have to go from there. Also how did you expect me to know what stop was a post office when there was no commit time of 4:30 on the diad, was i supposed to magically know that was the post office judging by what numbers the address was? Lol give me a break.

I have ran under scratch on routes that i know, i still had to use my gps a few times, my methods are just fine. I only do the best i can and i do what im told.
Not that hard, look at the PAL on a P.O. bag, scroll down in EDD till you find that PAL#, then bingo there is your address!! It’s not rocket science. Print the maps off in the morning and go stop for stop in Orion, again not rocket science.