Meeting with boss

sikidiki

So our boss calls me and 4 other drivers in, mind you the regional boss, not the center boss, along with the steward and tells us that because of past supervisors methods that none of us should even be ups drivers, because we all got a "free pass" on our packets during peak. After the initial shock on everyones faces, she continued to say we are all over allowed and asks us how we can fix it.

She points to me and tells me i have to be 1 hour under allowed than i was yesterday, and i tell her its not happening. She asks why and i said, because this is the 2nd time i've been on this route and its not gonna happen, i have no area knowledge.

The steward chimes in and says, i cant believe you are even sending him cold on this route in the first place and with that crappy manual truck, keep in mind the steward did this route before. He also said every single route in that area needs a re study, So after trying to find someone to come ride with me, she realized no one else had area knowledge and i was basically out on my own.

The post offices in those small rural areas close early as well so by the time trace had me show up to one it was closed and i had 9 closed after 5. She continues to tell me since she knows it was my first time on route and that i have no area knowledge she wont give me a warning letter...lol

Every day ive done that route, (2 times) ive come in after 12 hours and ECD everything i couldn't get to. It sucks but i guess every time they send me out cold ill just do my best and punch every address in the gps until it comes to me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So our boss calls me and 4 other drivers in, mind you the regional boss, not the center boss, along with the steward and tells us that because of past supervisors methods that none of us should even be ups drivers, because we all got a "free pass" on our packets during peak. After the initial shock on everyones faces, she continued to say we are all over allowed and asks us how we can fix it.

She points to me and tells me i have to be 1 hour under allowed than i was yesterday, and i tell her its not happening. She asks why and i said, because this is the 2nd time i've been on this route and its not gonna happen, i have no area knowledge.

The steward chimes in and says, i cant believe you are even sending him cold on this route in the first place and with that crappy manual truck, keep in mind the steward did this route before. He also said every single route in that area needs a re study, So after trying to find someone to come ride with me, she realized no one else had area knowledge and i was basically out on my own.

The post offices in those small rural areas close early as well so by the time trace had me show up to one it was closed and i had 9 closed after 5. She continues to tell me since she knows it was my first time on route and that i have no area knowledge she wont give me a warning letter...lol

Every day ive done that route, (2 times) ive come in after 12 hours and ECD everything i couldn't get to. It sucks but i guess every time they send me out cold ill just do my best and punch every address in the gps until it comes to me.
Why would you come in after 12 hours and why would you sheet what's left as emergency conditions?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You should of gotten a warning letter for the missed post office packages.

You're new not dumb right?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your last sentence says it all—-you are wasting way too much time entering every single address in to your GPS. X
You have no frame of reference to make that that statement.

Personally, I would not use my phone at all.
I'd map the whole route and screw their eyes out.

Would likely be the last time they put me out on a route blind.

Brownslave688

Also get a freaking map. Gps is going to slow you down big time on a country route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have no frame of reference to make that that statement.

Personally, I would not use my phone at all.
I'd map the whole route and screw their eyes out.

Would likely be the last time they put me out on a route blind.

Sure I do.

The last time I ran Saturday Air I had no idea where several stops were. Took me longer to look up and deliver those stops than all of the previous ones.

sikidiki

I think maybe i said it wrong, I came in AT 12 hours so i didn't go over 12 hours. They told me not to go over 12, so everything that was left was sheeted as emergency conditions, which was also what i was told to do. Also Maps will not help you out there when you have never been out there, 90% of the stops are on unpaved dirt/mud/snow roads it takes me 5 seconds to punch in an address into my satellite gps instead of staring at a map and plotting where i have to go from there. Also how did you expect me to know what stop was a post office when there was no commit time of 4:30 on the diad, was i supposed to magically know that was the post office judging by what numbers the address was? Lol give me a break.

I have ran under scratch on routes that i know, i still had to use my gps a few times, my methods are just fine. I only do the best i can and i do what im told.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think maybe i said it wrong, I came in AT 12 hours so i didn't go over 12 hours. They told me not to go over 12, so everything that was left was sheeted as emergency conditions, which was also what i was told to do. Also Maps will not help you out there when you have never been out there, 90% of the stops are on unpaved dirt/mud/snow roads it takes me 5 seconds to punch in an address into my satellite gps instead of staring at a map and plotting where i have to go from there. Also how did you expect me to know what stop was a post office when there was no commit time of 4:30 on the diad, was i supposed to magically know that was the post office judging by what numbers the address was? Lol give me a break.

I have ran under scratch on routes that i know, i still had to use my gps a few times, my methods are just fine. I only do the best i can and i do what im told.
What were the emergency conditions?

sikidiki

What were the emergency conditions?

Being able to even get to the house, which is common that area, They tell us if it looks like we can't go up the road to not even attempt and ECD it, Also last night we got hit by a freak blizzard/fog storm and we barley made it back last night, i bought back 49 packages or 20 stops worth, another guy had 40 stops worth and another dude had like 10 stops worth of ECD

sikidiki

Even with chains, there are roads you shouldn't even attempt to go on, this is a fairly low stop count route 80-120 and every stop is far and in between, lots of treacherous roads and driving conditions, especially with the frost melting and making mud/slush and with the snow last night its just bad.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I know we cant put them in mail boxes, and they are all different types, bags, boxes, BIG boxes, just depends. Its for a town out in the sticks so some days there are 4 packages and some days there are 10+

On my route all the Surepost is hard to miss because there’s over 100 bags of smalls and different sized boxes every day, PAL’d to the RDC.

If you only get 5-10 Surepost packages a day, I guess it’s plausible that you didn’t know they were for the post office. That excuse will only work one time, though.

Were those Surepost packages mixed in with everything on the shelves, or did they PAL it to the RDR/RDL?

sikidiki

On my route all the Surepost is hard to miss because there’s over 100 bags of smalls and different sized boxes every day, PAL’d to the RDC.

If you only get 5-10 Surepost packages a day, I guess it’s plausible that you didn’t know they were for the post office. That excuse will only work one time, though.

Were those Surepost packages mixed in with everything on the shelves, or did they PAL it to the RDR/RDL?

Mixed in, they were like 2400 something and i had delivered some 2000's already, like i said just random and unless i stopped to actually read the labels i wouldn't see they are marked usps and i deliver to a few different ones on that route, just small town ones. Trust me i'm not dumb. IF i saw big bags of post office stuff i would know that had to be gone and delivered no matter what before a certain time, if not first thing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mixed in, they were like 2400 something and i had delivered some 2000's already, like i said just random and unless i stopped to actually read the labels i wouldn't see they are marked usps and i deliver to a few different ones on that route, just small town ones. Trust me i'm not dumb. IF i saw big bags of post office stuff i would know that had to be gone and delivered no matter what before a certain time, if not first thing.

At that point I would have delivered them directly to the consignee.

Brownslave688

I know we cant put them in mail boxes, and they are all different types, bags, boxes, BIG boxes, just depends. Its for a town out in the sticks so some days there are 4 packages and some days there are 10+
So you know that some days they get a lot and some days very few but you didn't know it was a post office.....