Inthegame

Maybe, just maybe it is piss poor language in the Master or your supplements...
Subcontracting language has remained mostly unchanged for decades.
Was their any
previous cases prior on subcontractors, and how did they fare?
Probably a few thousand cases across the regions, many successfully before the union side lost their minds.
Apparently the Company presentation was better than your business agents, how did the company twist the facts?
That's an off base and reckless supposition. His BA may have presented a flawless case. We don't know. We do know the Company always twist facts with little consequence.

Over the years, for inexplicable reasons, the company has convinced too many panels of their inability to staff their operations properly. And far too many union chairs have been complicit in this charade. Lack of staffing causes nearly all the issues our members find distasteful, from 9.5 abuses, the 22.4 poop sandwich, double shifting, forced holiday/weekend work, expanded HOS etc... not to mention the detrimental effects on H&W and Pension plans.

So when competing slates promise relief, and a prominent slate member chairs a panel to address a very real problem, the frustration is legit, especially since the decision was without explanation. Not a good look from JW, and it wouldn't be a good look from any chair on the Vairma slate.

Hard to follow leaders when they're not out front.

Big Rigger

Subcontracting language has remained mostly unchanged for decades.

Probably a few thousand cases across the regions, many successfully before the union side lost their minds.

That's an off base and reckless supposition. His BA may have presented a flawless case. We don't know. We do know the Company always twist facts with little consequence.

Over the years, for inexplicable reasons, the company has convinced too many panels of their inability to staff their operations properly. And far too many union chairs have been complicit in this charade. Lack of staffing causes nearly all the issues our members find distasteful, from 9.5 abuses, the 22.4 poop sandwich, double shifting, forced holiday/weekend work, expanded HOS etc... not to mention the detrimental effects on H&W and Pension plans.

So when competing slates promise relief, and a prominent slate member chairs a panel to address a very real problem, the frustration is legit, especially since the decision was without explanation. Not a good look from JW, and it wouldn't be a good look from any chair on the Vairma slate.

Hard to follow leaders when they're not out front.
Heck, here they're still not working all the new 22.4s and hammering the regular pkg car drivers, paying out big dollar grievances. The whole country is desperately trying to staff their business operations but ups is laying off some and beating the rest into the ground from what we've seen.

Big Rigger

I remember one prominent former poster on here that was an aggressive steward until he got a BA job and the last thing I remember him saying was "Do you actually know how much it costs the company to put a driver on the street?!". SMH

The disease has been spreading far too long because like Afghanistan, union leaders forget their promise to serve and protect the people they were elected by and have left them behind enemy lines, believing it's ok because the "representation" is no longer in the line of fire.

Not only have they "lost their minds" their conscience went with it as well.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I remember one prominent former poster on here that was an aggressive steward until he got a BA job and the last thing I remember him saying was "Do you actually know how much it costs the company to put a driver on the street?!". SMH

The disease has been spreading far too long because like Afghanistan, union leaders forget their promise to serve and protect the people they were elected by and have left them behind enemy lines, believing it's ok because the "representation" is no longer in the line of fire.

Not only have they "lost their minds" their conscience went with it as well.

The “former” poster.. was he out of Northern Ohio?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
All you have is a National Panel docket decision you don't like that is prefaced with the words "based on the facts presented" and a sob story mission to indict an entire GEB slate for the apparent shortcomings of your BA and local leadership.

I don't have to ask myself what your motivation is here, because it is obvious.

In the end, in this country (as it is in a Panel hearing), the burden of proof is on the moving party and is a worthy burden....and you have not come close to proving anything.

All you have is a National Panel docket decision you don't like that is prefaced with the words "based on the facts presented" and a sob story mission to indict an entire GEB slate for the apparent shortcomings of your BA and local leadership.

I don't have to ask myself what your motivation is here, because it is obvious.

In the end, in this country (as it is in a Panel hearing), the burden of proof is on the moving party and is a worthy burden....and you have not come close to proving anything.
...and 150 pissed off members, grievances I personally processed, timely text messages from my B.A. as this occurred, and a personal reputation among my members and some stand up members here that I do not take for granted but hey, if that isn't enough perhaps you could do better? All you have is denial.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Maybe, just maybe it is piss poor language in the Master or your supplements...

Was their any
previous cases prior on subcontractors, and how did they fare?

Apparently the Company presentation was better than your business agents, how did the company twist the facts?
Article 43 is National language.
We have years of successful subcontracting grievances with essentially the same facts.
The Company was caught changing an exhibit on rebuttal.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
...and 150 pissed off members, grievances I personally processed, timely text messages from my B.A. as this occurred, and a personal reputation among my members and some stand up members here that I do not take for granted but hey, if that isn't enough perhaps you could do better? All you have is denial.
So you weren't there and really don't know anything that happened as a result of any first hand knowledge?

Keep in mind that you are the one who came on here with "no-hand knowledge" of anything, relying solely on "timely text messages" from a BA who very well may have made the mistakes that precipitated this losing decision that is prefaced by the words "based on the facts presented".

....all the while trying to drag down an entire slate of 23 other IBT General Election candidates to further the ambitions of your Local 104 Principle Officer who is coincidently running for an International Vice President position on the rival slate.

Yeah sure, I'm in denial....LOL!!!!

You might want to get used to losing.

Inthegame

So you weren't there and really don't know anything that happened as a result of any first hand knowledge?

Keep in mind that you are the one who came on here with "no-hand knowledge" of anything, relying solely on "timely text messages" from a BA who very well may have made the mistakes that precipitated this losing decision that is prefaced by the words "based on the facts presented".

....all the while trying to drag down an entire slate of 23 other IBT General Election candidates to further the ambitions of your Local 104 Principle Officer who is coincidently running for an International Vice President position on the rival slate.

I hope no steward anywhere backing any slate ever gets used to losing.

"Based on the facts presented" is a cute little phrase meant only for cover. I recall watching a company chair (RIP) fall fast asleep during a presentation. Wonder how he based his decision on facts he didn't hear?

Which ever slate wins this election would be wise to revisit the entire broken panel system.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

I think I understand your screen name now.

I am not our B.A.
I am not the UPS Labor manager.
I am not James Wright.
I am not anyone else on the NAC.
No one else is allowed in the room.

If you need first hand knowledge of everything.....wow just wow.
I'll be sure to remind you of your standard of proof.
You'll get used to it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I hope no steward anywhere backing any slate ever gets used to losing.
I was referring to his horse losing in the upcoming General Election, nothing else,, but ok.
Screenshot_20210814-153307_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
When @Bubblehead and @104Feeder are done hurling insults at each other....

Meet in the ring.

It's the only way this can be solved.

:biggrin:
If I started to hurl insults you would know it. My cut-down game is top notch but someone has to earn the effort. So far he's doing just fine all by himself, to my enjoyment. (Just pondering the possibilities of needing first-hand knowledge is pretty amusing!)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think I understand your screen name now.

I am not our B.A.
I am not James Wright.

If you need first hand knowledge of everything.....wow just wow.
I'll be sure to remind you of your standard of proof.
You'll get used to it.
So you come on an anonymous website chat board, with a story condemning an entire slate of 25 for something that may or may not have happened at the National Panel in San Diego....and we are supposed to take it all at face value even though you claim:

I am not our B.A.
I am not James Wright.

....and I will again remind you that the burden of proof belongs to the party making the accusations/claims.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
So you come on an anonymous website chat board, with a story condemning an entire slate of 25 for something that may or may not have happened at the National Panel in San Diego....and we are supposed to take it all at face value even though you claim:

I am not our B.A.
I am not James Wright.

....and I will again remind you that the burden of proof belongs to the party making the accusations/claims.
I'm only anonymous because BC demands it. Everyone who needs to know who I am knows who I am. If you feel it's necessary to know me I'll happily share my business card.
I provided you with the decision as released from the National. That's all that's given and that's more than you need to know to understand what happened.
Tell you what, I'm going to message you my contact information now and I'll put you in touch with the main grievant Verdugo if he consents, our B.A. if he consents, and any of the other 150 grievants until you are friend* satisfied but then YOU have to turn your denial around and help get contact info and answers from JW because he is obviously YOUR team. Otherwise, feel free to pound sand.