Memorial Day 2022

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You Are Not Forgotten!

1622480538428.png

wilberforce15

Highly doubt it and off topic. This is a union issue not a current event. Not in a Memorial Day thread. Beat it @Barney.

For those that served and died, thank you. For those that are injecting political ideology into this you’re idiots. These soldiers died for their country then and now. Quit dividing and start living.
I'm planting flags at the local vet cemetery on a day that's not Memorial Day, and I'm doing that because I'm being forced to work memorial day.

And if you don't like me mentioning it, you can take a bit wet bite out of my behind.

wilberforce15

One of us worked memorial day and one of us didn't. We'll just have to agree to disagree about which of us is "wrong" in that regard.
You're wrong in implying that it wasn't or hasn't been fought. It has, and we lost. Many don't come anyway. That's cool.

I choose to take the holiday pay, and then take thursday/friday off. Double the days, none of the hassle.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’ve fallen in love with this YouTube channel.
Each one of these dudes is a national treasure, love just sitting there listening to hours of their stories and life.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’ve fallen in love with this YouTube channel.
Each one of these dudes is a national treasure, love just sitting there listening to hours of their stories and life.
I grew up with uncles that served in WW2. All theaters, Navy, Army, Air Corp. Unbelievable stories. I feel blessed to have heard them.

El Correcto

god is dead
I grew up with uncles that served in WW2. All theaters, Navy, Army, Air Corp. Unbelievable stories. I feel blessed to have heard them.
I had family that served but I was too young to fully appreciate them, like toddler age, when they started passing away. What I’d give to talk to my dead relatives that served in WW2 combat.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had family that served but I was too young to fully appreciate them, like toddler age, when they started passing away. What I’d give to talk to my dead relatives that served in WW2 combat.
It was awesome. Who had to parachute, who got sunk and spent 2 days in the Mediterranean, another’s destroyer was listed as missing. I pestered them all the time.

floridays

Imagine being led in this while seeing Normandy background. That’s some stone cold :censored2:.
Or comfort for a believer, it's all in ones perspective.

Try the belief side, I've been on both.

and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The offer is open to
Whosoever will

I'm a whosoever, be a whosoever alongside me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope everyone is having a good time with an extra day off. Let's remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

My apologies to Operational needs for accidentally deleting this thread while changing the year in the title.

DriverNerd

To me this is the most important holiday of the year and one of the few worth recognizing. And I, like millions of others today, am going to be spending time with my family, grilling burgers, and having fun on our day off. But the one thing I try to do is make sure my children understand why they're not in school and why their parents aren't at work.

I asked my kids, like I do every year, why we have today off, and this year was the first year I got a response that was something I wanted to hear. My youngest said "because of those in the army that died in wars". Yeah, I had to explain a little more in detail about who and why, but it was the first year I didn't get back: "I don't know". I'm glad they're at least starting to realize why we get to have today as a family.