Memorial Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
StreeM20120528_low.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would say, based on the number of Google searches that you made, that you must be the most patriotic person in America.
You'd be wrong as usual......I never use Google !! Only Yahoo!

I am patriotic......My yard is the only one with flags outlining it as a reminder to everyone what we were suppose to focus on this past weekend while downing beer and dogs!!

So, sue me, Nancy!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You just don't get it---you don't have to post all of these photos/cartoons/videos to "prove" your patriotism.

Patriotism is as simple as thanking a vet for their service or placing your hand over your heart as the flag passes by during a parade. It is as individual as a moment of silence to remember those who paid the ultimate price to ensure our continued freedom. This is what I did yesterday on the way back from Albany. My son was sleeping and we were in a dead zone between radio stations so I took a moment to reflect on the true meaning of the day. I did not have to post a bunch of pictures yet the meaning was just as sincere (perhaps more so).

In other words, posting all of this stuff or lining your yard with flags does not make you any more patriotic than the rest of us. Dave.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You just don't get it---you don't have to post all of these photos/cartoons/videos to "prove" your patriotism.

Patriotism is as simple as thanking a vet for their service or placing your hand over your heart as the flag passes by during a parade. It is as individual as a moment of silence to remember those who paid the ultimate price to ensure our continued freedom. This is what I did yesterday on the way back from Albany. My son was sleeping and we were in a dead zone between radio stations so I took a moment to reflect on the true meaning of the day. I did not have to post a bunch of pictures yet the meaning was just as sincere (perhaps more so).

In other words, posting all of this stuff or lining your yard with flags does not make you any more patriotic than the rest of us. Dave.[/QUOTE

Nobody cares what you think about me !!!! (including me)

183100.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This very same picture was in my morning newspaper (wiithout the editorializing that you did). Here is the caption word for word that acccompanied the picture:

Madeline Grace Wallace, 4, carries flags at the National Cemetary in Little Rock, Ark., Friday. The girl and her mother visited the cemetary to place flags on graves for Memorial Day.

There was no mention of her placing a flag on the grave of her father. There was no mention of her father at all, dead or alive, Iraq veteran or not. There was also no mention of the Obama girls. This is simply another case of you making crap up, pure and simple, and someone finally having the cajones to call you out on it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The picture was found just like I posted it. I didn't add or take away anything.

I don't have the computer savvy to even do that. Quit accusing me of stuff. All I did was post the picture. If you don't like it, then don't even go to my posts at all.

You come off as a whiney crybaby. I posted that picture exactly as I found it....so help me GOD!!! You can believe it or you can continue to be a Nancy.

So, did you use up your whole morning trying to "stick it to me"..............Way to waste time, Nancy!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I posted two links with the same exact picture and none of the crap that you added. You knew exactly what you posted. You are letting your fear/jealousy/hatred of the Obamas cloud your judgement.

You, my dear, are, as the French say, Plein de conneries.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I posted two links with the same exact picture and none of the crap that you added. You knew exactly what you posted. You are letting your fear/jealousy/hatred of the Obamas cloud your judgement.

I already posted the site where I got the picture and it proves I added nothing............real people would apologize.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I already posted the site where I got the picture and it proves I added nothing............real people would apologize.

It only further proves how your fear/jealousy/hatred of the Obamas has clouded your judgement. Any rational person would know that the picture was meant to depict one thing while the caption was clearly meant to convey something totally different.

Plein de conneries.

moreluck

golden ticket member

You know we have "full of :censored2:" in English. You don't have to use a foreign language!! Sounds very Nancy!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I guess we'll see just how "Independent" you are in a little over a month.
Fourth of July is colorful here.....as least for the first 3 houses. Plus, I'll have company and then grandkids staying on for a couple weeks.

I'll have tons of shopping to do because a couple birthdays come during that time......but guess what? I'll still make time for all my BC friends and won't miss a day of posting. So,don't worry, I post "INDEPENDENTLY of my other activities.

texan

Oldest US VET................
oldestvet_zps95d574ad.jpg

For his 107th Memorial Day, Richard Arvine Overton, who saw many of his fellow soldiers fall in the line
of duty in World War II and even more die over the following decades, is planning a quiet day at the
Texas home he built after returning home from World War II.

He wouldn’t want it any other way.

Overton, who is believed to be the nation's oldest veteran, told FoxNews.com he’ll likely spend the day
on the porch of his East Austin home with a cigar nestled in his right hand, perhaps with a cup of
whiskey-stiffened coffee nearby.

Overton, who was born on May, 11, 1906, in Texas’ Bastrop County, has gotten used to being the
center of attention of late.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/2...iet-memorial-day-at-texas-home/#ixzz2UFagGSiI