Mercury Spill shuts down Hub

Karma...

in years past designated responders could respond to mercury spills...that was changed to having outside responders respond perhaps 18 years ago.....I will have to check my old decisions trees and response sheets.....its been awhile

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
when my parents upgraded their thermostat the hvac guys tried to steal the mercury switches from the old one. first they claimed they didn't have it, then they claimed that it was illegal to let me keep it, then they claimed that the service required surrendering them like it's a core charge. mercury is cool. i'd bet that the amount of mercury that shut down your building was less than a thimbleful.

oldngray

nowhere special
when my parents upgraded their thermostat the hvac guys tried to steal the mercury switches from the old one. first they claimed they didn't have it, then they claimed that it was illegal to let me keep it, then they claimed that the service required surrendering them like it's a core charge. mercury is cool. i'd bet that the amount of mercury that shut down your building was less than a thimbleful.
I had to replace mine last year and they were required to install a new programmable thermostat but they just gave me the old one.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Jelly Jar actually

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Got a text message from our preloader saying building has been shut down since 5:30 am and we should expect a :censored2: show when we get there. Get to the parking lot with all the drivers saying there has been a mercury spill in the building and we are not allowed to enter until a hazmat team comes and cleans up and verify that it is safe to enter the building. We sat outside for 6 hours and finally were told we could come in and try to do some of our deliveries and pick ups until 6:30. Has anyone had this happen or something similar? I guess the person who shipped the mercury didn't declare it and had it in a shoe box from what others have told me. Any punishment and or civil actions possible for this person for their lack of declaring a hazmat item through our system?
FB918343-AA66-4C62-80DE-C251F0DD6F0C.gif

Shift Inhibit

Got a text message from our preloader saying building has been shut down since 5:30 am and we should expect a :censored2: show when we get there. Get to the parking lot with all the drivers saying there has been a mercury spill in the building and we are not allowed to enter until a hazmat team comes and cleans up and verify that it is safe to enter the building. We sat outside for 6 hours and finally were told we could come in and try to do some of our deliveries and pick ups until 6:30. Has anyone had this happen or something similar? I guess the person who shipped the mercury didn't declare it and had it in a shoe box from what others have told me. Any punishment and or civil actions possible for this person for their lack of declaring a hazmat item through our system?
And the cherry on top was the fentanyl packets they found in there too. The person who shipped that shoebox is not having a good day

Shift Inhibit

Heard the 3 separate professional hazmat teams they brought in costed well over 100k. Not to mention the lost revenue from halted operations & paying employees for standing around

BigBrown87

Did you hear how someone put their Honda Accord thru the customer counter building on Thursday night around 19:00? Lol. good day at the firm 😃
Funny you mention that I was driving by and saw more hazmat guys dumping the cat litter material on the ground out front when I was coming back to the building.

BigBrown87

And the cherry on top was the fentanyl packets they found in there too. The person who shipped that shoebox is not having a good day
Didn't hear about the fentanyl packets, I'm assuming he got a knock on their door from the local or state patrol asking him how stupid can you be.

BigBrown87

Heard the 3 separate professional hazmat teams they brought in costed well over 100k. Not to mention the lost revenue from halted operations & paying employees for standing around
I wonder if there will be any civil action taken against the individual?