Mesquite Hub VS FedEx

clean hairy

Heard that FedEx is building a Hub right down the street from the Mesquite Hub on the same street.
Went by there this past weekend, barely 1/2 mile away.
If FedEx starts at more per hour, does than mean Mesquite is doomed to get the FedEx rejects as our permanent new hires and Seasonal Employees?
Anyone else have any insight on this?

Retiree

Already the same issue at DFW and at Independance hub near Alliance Airport. Large FedEx facilities near each of these UPS hubs.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Heard that FedEx is building a Hub right down the street from the Mesquite Hub on the same street.
Went by there this past weekend, barely 1/2 mile away.
If FedEx starts at more per hour, does than mean Mesquite is doomed to get the FedEx rejects as our permanent new hires and Seasonal Employees?
Anyone else have any insight on this?
No. They're doomed to get the FedEx people who were attracted by the starting wage and realized they made a mistake, because long term, UPS is the much better deal. It shouldn't take them long to wise up

UPS4Life

There may be a couple who base their decision off that but I don't think it will be that big of a conflict. When I started ups starting rate was $8.50 and fedex $10.50. I basically asked myself do I want to be in a union with job security or get paid a couple more dollars an hour. I'm by no means a lazy worker and there are many other reasons one would choose ups over fedex. I'm sure if you toured both you would see the same type of people at both.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a couple people leave when they opened up a new FedEx facility near my building because of the higher pay. Both were back within a couple months because they hated it so much. It was a short term gain. Long term prospects weren't great.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
All this doesn't matter because 10 years from now Amazon will be taking over the market.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
Listen ,
Give it up. You don't have the understanding or actual knowledge and intelligence about this apparently.

We get it. You're a bitter ex ups employee who thinks Amazon will put ups and fedex out of the logistics business.

We get you have a strange, stalker obsession with all things Amazon.

We get that you probably fantasize about Jeff Bezos naked, spread out on a bearskin rug holding your favorite prime now bottle of liquor.

Seriously let it go.

Nobody cares what you think Mr "you ain't even know" or whatever other username you are logged in under