MetLife Auto

MendozaJ

Has anyone found the discounted quote to actually be lower than their current insurance? If so, what was your previous provider?

rod

Retired 22 years
All them friggin insurance companies will sell you a policy for cheaper than what you pay now but their prices will go up quickly after the first year.

ManInBrown

All them friggin insurance companies will sell you a policy for cheaper than what you pay now but their prices will go up quickly after the first year.
Bingo. I have auto with the premier insurance company in my state. You can't get insurance thru them if you have anything on your record for the previous 5 years. The first year I had it, I couldn't believe how cheap it was. Over the last 4 years it's gone up over $500.00. I have absolutely nothing on my record in that time. Not a single accident or ticket or claim. It's ridiculous.

oldngray

nowhere special
Bingo. I have auto with the premier insurance company in my state. You can't get insurance thru them if you have anything on your record for the previous 5 years. The first year I had it, I couldn't believe how cheap it was. Over the last 4 years it's gone up over $500.00. I have absolutely nothing on my record in that time. Not a single accident or ticket or claim. It's ridiculous.

They all hit you with rate creep like that. Hoping you don't notice a few dollars more every time. Eventually you will be paying twice what you started at.

jbg77

I have liberty mutual drawn directly out of UPS check and theyve went up. Metlife offers same thing but cheaper. They all raise their rates though. Im willing to pay a little extra just for that convenience though.

upschuck

Just changed my insurance, and bill went down about half. A bunch of discounts, and I have the best insurance rating you could have. Hope it doesn't go up too much.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Just changed my insurance, and bill went down about half. A bunch of discounts, and I have the best insurance rating you could have. Hope it doesn't go up too much.
I saved about half too, got increased limits & a $1mil umbrella policy.

upschuck

a $1mil umbrella policy
Wow, my umbrella is only worth about $20.
umbrella.png

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes I combined my auto and renters insurance. And saved about 100 dollars per year

Most national companies will throw in the renters if you insure your car with them.

I have had State Farm for as long as I can remember (1980's). They are not the cheapest but are by no means the most expensive. I have had a few claims which have all been handled flawlessly.

I know that insurance companies use your credit score in part to make their decision as to whether to insure you or not so wouldn't changing insurance companies annually have a detrimental effect on your credit score?

Indecisi0n

Liberty mutual offers a ups discount that usually beats most insurance companies quotes
Yea I had them for a short period of time but read a lot of horrible reviews about them. Never had to use LM so I am not sure if they play games when it comes time to pay out. It was nice having them auto deduct out my paycheck.