Mgmt Id

upssouth

A supervisor failed to Id them self when asked for their name. They had no id badge either. They were moving cardboard so I'm going to file in addition to the Id too. What article is failure to Id? In central, I can't find it for the life of me. If there is a m.o.u please note too. Thanks!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A supervisor failed to Id them self when asked for their name. They had no id badge either. They were moving cardboard so I'm going to file in addition to the Id too. What article is failure to Id? In central, I can't find it for the life of me. If there is a m.o.u please note too. Thanks!
To quote Cosmo....Wut???
I like....turtles.

oldngray

nowhere special
35a55355b815dadd21669a8636d0b50c.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Don't worry we know who you are...go ahead and file.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Never had any issues with failing to identify a supervisor by name in a grievance. I always describe them as best as I can ("Noonday training department supervisor", "PD-1 Midnight PT Supervisor", "FT Unload Supervisor" etc). The more important thing, however, is having other union members as witnesses.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Grieve the fact that they are not following the National Panel Decision. Local 70 filed the grievance but it affects all locals since it is a NMA article.

TEAMSTERS UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
NATIONAL GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE
MINUTES
June 4 - 8, 2012
3:00 P.M.
PROVIDENCE BILTMORE

Chair Rosentrater called Case N-11-180: Local 70 v. UPS, Oakland, CA

On behalf of all affected employees, Union alleges a violation of Article 7, NCSA and Article 20 NMA, claiming that the Company labor and management refuse to wear name tags.

DECISION: Based on the facts presented, the COMPANY NAME TAG MUST BE VISIBLE.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you want an union shop you better enforce the rules from the whole operation. Why don't the BA's come in at different times rather than a half hour before drivers start time? If they do, I never see them. I think most part timer's never even talked to their union reps. Part time sups are extra (non union) workers IMO.

clean hairy

Only time a Union Rep is ever spotted is when they are going in the building to present grievances.
There are some of us who have been waiting years for grievances to be presented and paid.

oldngray

nowhere special
Only time a Union Rep is ever spotted is when they are going in the building to present grievances.
There are some of us who have been waiting years for grievances to be presented and paid.

You don't even see them at union elections time when they are after your vote?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why don't the BA's come in at different times rather than a half hour before drivers start time? If they do, I never see them.

BA's have to make the best use of their time.

Maximize the time, for best exposure. (if they are smart, and want to get re-elected) :biggrin:

Plus, they have other company's they represent.... not just UPS.

Ask them the next time you see them.

That can depend on how big your Local is, And what other responsibilities they have.

Are you sure ?

I find that hard to believe.

You don't even see them at union elections time when they are after your vote?

There are Locals, that can cover an entire State or more.

Sometimes, it comes down to a frugal and judicious use.... of a limited financial resource.

-Bug-

* Haven't we seen members, that complain about driving 100's of miles to attend a meeting ? *