Mgmt knows no shame

ManInBrown

Very hard to win. I fought them, and I lost but they paid a ton to fight me. So to me it was a victory. Mine was totally different, but they do not care about sick, or aging workers. When you are either of those they treat you terribly. But then again, they treat everyone badly if you are not 120% every day. I worked with a guy that was off work alot and did die, but one time when he came back, I asked him, because I am nosy...if he got his disability. He never knew he had it available. Yes he should have known, but he was older back then and I feel, union or mgmt should have at least followed up while he was off , asked how he was doing, etc, and mentioned it. He did apply and got it. And thanked me profusely. and bought me a 12 pack. He was one of my best mentors.

What it comes down to is you have to fight every day. You have to know how to fight, have the will to fight, have the strength to fight, and the knowledge of how to fight. I did get that from union brothers I have never personally met. Not all centers, or locals have that kind of union management, or any kind of HR that is worth a darn. Caring went out with publicly traded stock. Its a tough environment to work in, and sadly the less you care the happier you will be. Now they pay me not to come to work and Im cool with that.
Of course they don’t care about employees. Not the point. What that supervisor did is highly illegal. That’s discrimination based on a health condition. You can’t say what he said, if that’s the way it went down. I’ll take it one step further. When I was in package, if I had gotten into a fatal car accident on my way to work, they would have been thrilled. They wouldn’t have batted an eye. My center manager told me no less than 15 times, in the two weeks between getting my date to report to feeders, and actually going. “Don‘t come back. Stay in feeders, don’t come back” I messed with him and told him who knows maybe I will. There was no chance I was ever coming back, I’d be stuck in package for the rest of my career. Put my name on the list when my file was still clean. Once I was on the list that’s when I started burying them in grievances. I guarantee they hope there are employees, specifically “problem in their eyes” package drivers, who die. UPS on road, center level management are some of the most evil people alive. And that’s coming from someone who had no issues. They steered clear of me like I was the plague. I couldn’t imagine being someone that’s terrified of management and having them up your arse every single day. I couldn’t fathom it.

quad decade guy

I would assume the OP's subject is on FMLA.

This adds a Federal aspect.

I would complain loudly and publicly(with the stewards blessing). Maybe in a PCM. At the Division level(with steward) (or BA)(Not Big Union Guy Types)(can't trust him to have your back)(or sell you out).

A grievance would put an official status to the complaint.

UPSER1987

Of course they don’t care about employees. Not the point. What that supervisor did is highly illegal. That’s discrimination based on a health condition. You can’t say what he said, if that’s the way it went down. I’ll take it one step further. When I was in package, if I had gotten into a fatal car accident on my way to work, they would have been thrilled. They wouldn’t have batted an eye. My center manager told me no less than 15 times, in the two weeks between getting my date to report to feeders, and actually going. “Don‘t come back. Stay in feeders, don’t come back” I messed with him and told him who knows maybe I will. There was no chance I was ever coming back, I’d be stuck in package for the rest of my career. Put my name on the list when my file was still clean. Once I was on the list that’s when I started burying them in grievances. I guarantee they hope there are employees, specifically “problem in their eyes” package drivers, who die. UPS on road, center level management are some of the most evil people alive. And that’s coming from someone who had no issues. They steered clear of me like I was the plague. I couldn’t imagine being someone that’s terrified of management and having them up your arse every single day. I couldn’t fathom it.
That’s a really cool story bro.

upser2020

Maybe it's just luck but the pt and full time sups I've dealt with aren't like that at all. Even the two managers I've dealt with are decent(one used to be my old full time he got promoted)