Miami Apartment Building Collapse. Many Killed Or Missing

rickyb

Ken Klippenstein

@kenklippenstein

·
6h

159 people are missing and 4 are confirmed dead. Imagine how much more coverage this would get if it were the result of a terror attack instead of the government failing to regulate things
Quote Tweet

fJKwJ0r2_mini.jpg

The Washington Post

@washingtonpost
· 12h
Years before Florida condo building collapse, an engineer warned of ‘major structural damage’ https://washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/26/florida-condo-building-collapse-live-updates/

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I stayed with a friend last weekend and her kids have a chameleon.
Very cool ... except it kept climbing up on top of my head.
They are always climbing to the highest point.
I got to feed him a couple of crickets ... that was cool beans!

View attachment 342244
They also had a bearded Dragon lizard that was real docile and cool looking.
This was the younger (5 year) kids pet.
He sat on my hand for a long time with his caws around my fingers.

1624755368071.png

Box Ox

“Condo owners in the South Florida tower that collapsed last week were facing assessments for millions of dollars worth of repairs -- with payments set to begin a week after the building's deadly fall.

The Champlain Towers South condo association approved a $15 million assessment in April to complete repairs required under the county's 40-year recertification process, according to documents obtained by CNN.

The documents show that more than two years had passed after association members received a report about "major structural damage" in the building before they started the assessment process to pay for necessary repairs.

Owners would have to pay assessments ranging from $80,190 for one-bedroom units to $336,135 for the owner of the building's four-bedroom penthouse, a document sent to the building's residents said. The deadline to pay upfront or choose paying a monthly fee lasting 15 years was July 1.”

BeefiestMass

Really shady. Unlikely the building could've collapsed like that unless the concrete was done wrong at the very beginning. FL building inspection is worthless bc of how they do it through consultants where there's a built in conflict of interest (or that's how it was then, may have changed) and there was otherwise a :censored2: ton of other sketchy stuff going on in construction there then.

oldngray

nowhere special
SURFSIDE, Fla. – A City of Miami firefighter found the body of his own daughter Thursday night as he was searching through the debris of the Champlain Towers South collapse, officials confirmed on Friday

watdaflock?

Typical Republican leadership at work. Limited government, allowed the condo owner to ignore warnings. Same sort of thing happened in Texas last winter. Lack of Government restrictions caused the power outing.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Typical Republican leadership at work. Limited government, allowed the condo owner to ignore warnings. Same sort of thing happened in Texas last winter. Lack of Government restrictions caused the power outing.
Trump's fault. MSMPMS & CNN to give full report tonight.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Rest of building will be exploded Sunday Morning.

Will they be using the same guys from LA that blew up a neighborhood ?