Michael Moore Hit in the Face with Reality?

rickyb

” Unfortunately American racism has grossly violated the proposition that “all men are created equal” and the worst form of racism involves invasion of other countries. The US has invaded about 70 countries since its inception and has invaded a total of about 50 countries since 1945 .

newfie

” Unfortunately American racism has grossly violated the proposition that “all men are created equal” and the worst form of racism involves invasion of other countries. The US has invaded about 70 countries since its inception and has invaded a total of about 50 countries since 1945 .

this thread has lost its identity

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Actually 51 , Canada willingly surrendered .

wkmac

michael moore still holds the record for highest grossing documentary.

Good marketing doesn't mean it's the best documentary. I'm a documentary film aficionado and many of Moore's films have their moments and points but I don't consider his films the best. I prefer Adam Curtis to Moore and Curtis has his warts too.

As to good films, I consider Metanoia Films to have done better work on subjects Moore would never touch in a 1000 years. And their films are made to be open source so making a profit is not the point to begin with. Open source film makers are growing and doing far, far, far superior work to anything Moore ever dared to think about. I'm a Patreon contributor to many of them.

rickyb

Good marketing doesn't mean it's the best documentary. I'm a documentary film aficionado and many of Moore's films have their moments and points but I don't consider his films the best. I prefer Adam Curtis to Moore and Curtis has his warts too.

As to good films, I consider Metanoia Films to have done better work on subjects Moore would never touch in a 1000 years. And their films are made to be open source so making a profit is not the point to begin with. Open source film makers are growing and doing far, far, far superior work to anything Moore ever dared to think about. I'm a Patreon contributor to many of them.
hey thanks for that, i think ive seen psywar and human resources, im gonna watch all of these. wasnt one of these docs the one where the guy is talking about governments doing testing on human population and then at the end he reveals his grandma was tested on?

in my mind moore is the best because hes funny, and because of his filming techniques. it seems like im not as entertained in other documentaries as when i watch moores.