Microdiscectomy

Cgs1226

I remember a senior part time member who retired years ago who showed up in the building every day limping in order to reach the required retirement benefit level. He did it for his last 5 years, each year his limp was getting worst, people were secretly laughing at him behind his back. Real Sad..

He eventually retired and you should have seen his face, it was practically glowing. He got his cake, his plaque in his crippled hands and quietly limped out of building on his last day, with the illusion that he won..

Hate to say it but me and a co worker just broke down with laughter watching him leave.
That's not funny.

Cgs1226

But "Funny as Hell..." face it one of the requirements for lasting this long is a "Sick Sense of Humor"..:drinkntypesmili1:

I don't know how @Integrity lasted till retirement...
I get what you mean though. The funny ones to me are the ones that have 45 years in and have had multiple knee, hip, and shoulder replacements. Like going for a record of some sort in their own mind. I can't figure that one out at all.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I get what you mean though. The funny ones to me are the ones that have 45 years in and have had multiple knee, hip, and shoulder replacements. Like going for a record of some sort in their own mind. I can't figure that one out at all.
Like this guy ?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Like this guy ?
1706887824864.png

Cgs1226

Scary stuff. Always the risk of permanent paralysis.
Ya, any type of surgery has risks. And the back is definitely "scarier" to think about than with any. A microdiscectomy is pretty common now days, very touch and go with our job because it's so physically demanding, and chance of reherniation or other problems increases. Like I said I'm putting it off and still getting better the conservative route. But some guys have reached out and messaged me telling me about there experiences.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I remember a senior part time member who retired years ago who showed up in the building every day limping in order to reach the required retirement benefit level. He did it for his last 5 years, each year his limp was getting worst, people were secretly laughing at him behind his back. Real Sad..

He eventually retired and you should have seen his face, it was practically glowing. He got his cake, his plaque in his crippled hands and quietly limped out of building on his last day, with the illusion that he won..

Hate to say it but me and a co worker just broke down with laughter watching him leave.
oops it's me in 20 years

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
oops it's me in 20 years

Another story about a part timer getting a service award when I worked the preload, proud as could be…I overheard a younger part timer whispering to another: “What a loser”..

The scary part was that I was thinking the same thing and I guarantee the management team were doing the same..

undies

I was recommended this surgery at the age of 28, got a second opinion…and they wanted spinal fusion. Third opinion saved my ass, told me I was too young for surgery, did lots of PT and changed how I work and move my body. I still have flare ups time to time and I’m sure I won’t be able to avoid it forever, but for now I’m glad I didn’t get any surgeries. Obviously, this is my situation with my :censored2:ed up back!

Cgs1226

I was recommended this surgery at the age of 28, got a second opinion…and they wanted spinal fusion. Third opinion saved my ass, told me I was too young for surgery, did lots of PT and changed how I work and move my body. I still have flare ups time to time and I’m sure I won’t be able to avoid it forever, but for now I’m glad I didn’t get any surgeries. Obviously, this is my situation with my :censored2:ed up back!
Ya, I told my ortho two days ago that I'm getting better so surgery is definitely not on my mind. Try one more injection to see if some more inflammation can come down, and just keep doing what I'm doing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You have a bad back before brown it because of brown?