Microdiscectomy

Cgs1226

Anyone here had microdiscectomy and returned to work? How was recovery? How was returning back to work? Possibility it is in my near future.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
Anyone here had microdiscectomy and returned to work? How was recovery? How was returning back to work? Possibility it is in my near future.
I had that operation 20 years ago, still driving. Recovery plus the LM BS was out for almost a year. Was offered a buy out, a joke. Have been on comp many times since operation due to disc problems. Was told by LM doctor last time I had a couple of slightly herniated discs moving up the spine and that I should think about a different line of work. They own it and I’m here to stay.

Cgs1226

I had that operation 20 years ago, still driving. Recovery plus the LM BS was out for almost a year. Was offered a buy out, a joke. Have been on comp many times since operation due to disc problems. Was told by LM doctor last time I had a couple of slightly herniated discs moving up the spine and that I should think about a different line of work. They own it and I’m here to stay.
That is very encouraging. Thank you

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

That is very encouraging. Thank you

That’s (encouraging)…!

I'm crippled, I showed UPS!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I had LASE (Laser Assisted Spinal Endoscopy) on two levels in my low back early 2000's. Up and walking pain free right after procedure. Returned to work about 3 months post-op after some light physical therapy. No issues since then.

Cgs1226

I had LASE (Laser Assisted Spinal Endoscopy) on two levels in my low back early 2000's. Up and walking pain free right after procedure. Returned to work about 3 months post-op after some light physical therapy. No issues since then.
That's really good to hear and gives me hope. Glad it worked out for you!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Retired and be crippled was not an option

I’ll quit when you pull that diad and piss bottle out of my cold, stiff, arthritic, dead hands!

I remember a senior part time member who retired years ago who showed up in the building every day limping in order to reach the required retirement benefit level. He did it for his last 5 years, each year his limp was getting worst, people were secretly laughing at him behind his back. Real Sad..

He eventually retired and you should have seen his face, it was practically glowing. He got his cake, his plaque in his crippled hands and quietly limped out of building on his last day, with the illusion that he won..

Hate to say it but me and a co worker just broke down with laughter watching him leave.

I remember a senior part time member who retired years ago who showed up in the building every day limping in order to reach the required retirement benefit level. He did it for his last 5 years, each year his limp was getting worst, people were secretly laughing at him behind his back. Real Sad..

He eventually retired and you should have seen his face, it was practically glowing. He got his cake, his plaque in his crippled hands and quietly limped out of building on his last day, with the illusion that he won..

Hate to say it but me and a co worker just broke down with laughter watching him leave.
That's sad.