Military ban

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
the decision should be made by the president under advise of his generals. After Manning there is a legitimate concern that other transies will join to get the military to pay for this very expensive surgery.
The culture of the military is always 30 years behind that of the nation. No, they really shouldn't make the decision

vantexan

It's strange really. Most of the military folks I know identify as conservative but are extremely open to diversity. I think there is a disconnect between the brass and the rank and file.
Most of the military folks I know neither want gay or women soldiers in combat.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You expected the military to incorporate woman soldiers, gays, and abortion by 1964?
Give me a break. Why does the right have to run to abortion with every topic? It's pathetic.

And I can't see why they couldn't assimilate women and gays 25 years ago. But here we are, guys can't keep their hands to themselves STILL and gays are treated like lepers by the brass

vantexan

Give me a break. Why does the right have to run to abortion with every topic? It's pathetic.

And I can't see why they couldn't assimilate women and gays 25 years ago. But here we are, guys can't keep their hands to themselves STILL and gays are treated like lepers by the brass
You want trained killers sharing foxholes with women and gays? In combat soldiers need to be focused on one thing, and anything that detracts from that focus can get them killed. You may scoff at that because you want your agenda advanced.